• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Banned !

Jun 1, 2004
Ha! haa!! Take it easy guys... ;)

Just curious to know... Has any of the members in forum been banned from any other forums... Can someone recall the reasons or the episodes that lead such banning... How does it feel to be banned ?

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Had we met 10 years ago, u wud have the first one to ban me, thats for sure :)
Singh ji, mainu pata ki appa'n saare great haa'n,
par kee kariye, assi mile thorra late haa'n

'great' was used for tukbandi only, u know what word shud be used for actual cause.

Dull and Boring! Well, to some extent I agree, not fully though. Even looks like my sense of humor is dying :-(

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
I've been banned on multiple forums, lol

Mostly only for my views on certain issues.

Sikhnet Discussions - Banned for claiming "Janam Sakhris" as mere stories rather than true events...specifically baba deep singh

Sikhsangat - Same deal...banned for a day on my views for Janam Sakhris. Only for a day I think, I'm not sure.

haha, ;)

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Neutral Singh ji,

'Sikh' ji is the man needing special attention. We need to take care of his 'banning' related desires :)

Tejwant ji, I dont think, Janam Sakhis are just some writer's creation. However, if there is any miracle type event included in those, then I try not to comment.

Sure, will make a thread for the same.

Thanks.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
S|kH ji,

Getting banned must be fun eh? How does it feel like? An accomplishment, or like - Yes, I diddd ittttt.....

I think, I gonna give it a shot, not here though, but on some other forums .. ha ha

Cheers

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
lol yeah, getting banned gives you a feeling of satisfaction.

Simply because all these forums state "Open discussion, share your thoughts!" and then the moderators show their hyporcrisy when they ban you if you disagree with them.

Getting banned makes me feel like I've found the weakness among the forum members and so on. They usually ban when I disagree with their views, and then they can't find any more evidence to support their claims.

Although, I am disappointed sometimes when I get banned...and I agree with the banning. Sikhnet told me I was banned because young kids would look at the website and there was no need for them to be exposed to such a controversial thread or so forth. Makes sense, I don't want to be known for corrupting the youth. Specially about the Janam Sakhi ones...its better that the little kids regard the stories as true, rather than even think of other ways to disprove them.

I wasn't always a strange child...;)

Jun 1, 2004
Oh yeah!! i remember being banned from one of the forums for advertising about sikhphilosophy forum by changing the heading a thread running for more than 50 odd posts all about sikhism... ;) they were fast enough to act and i was banned for cool two weeks...

Guess what ? i hate them for that and never visited that forum again. You cee, Sikh can never be intimidated... ;)

Regards

Eclectic

SPNer
Nov 11, 2004
Neutral Singh said:
Oh yeah!! i remember being banned from one of the forums for advertising about sikhphilosophy forum by changing the heading a thread running for more than 50 odd posts all about sikhism... ;) they were fast enough to act and i was banned for cool two weeks...

I have never been banned, however, I've been warned for advertising my own forum on a Christian site. They said it wasn't good to link to other sites that were non-Christian and that I am not allowed to give any information on any other religions other than Christianity, even if they got the information wrong! I was even warned about giving information on Gnostic Christianity!

Guess what ? i hate them for that and never visited that forum again. You cee, Sikh can never be intimidated... ;)

Regards

You don't hate them. You're probably annoyed with them or frustrated, but you don't hate them. :)

Jun 1, 2004
You don't hate them. You're probably annoyed with them or frustrated, but you don't hate them.
Yeah !! thanks for correcting me... i was probably annoyed not frustrated... because after two weeks when i approached them to lift my ban they had simply no clue as to why i was banned !!! huh ?? :confused:

anyways had gr8 fun with that site...

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Still_Searching,

I came with a strategy to get banned on this site, and started spamming it by stamping each and every post on this forum. But look at this far-sighted site admin, he made me moderator, and now I am to reciprocate by obliging him with equal warmth. Anyway, I will try on some other forum for the same then ;-)

Regards.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: