• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2007
UK
Vaho Vaho Bani Nirankaar Hai Tis Jevad Avar NA KOEEeeeeee..............Bani Guru Guru Hai Bani Vich Bani Amrit Saarey..............Pothee Parmesar ka thaanv..........

I have no problem with this. I concur.
AND DHAN DHAN SACHE PATSHAH DHAN DHAN SIRI GURU RAAM DAAS JI DE PAAVAN BACHAN NE:it is on Panna # 450, If God is not pleased by singing of Him by sound current of Naad- HOW CAN ONE EVEN THINK THAT only naad go forth.....AND DHAN DHAN SACHE PATSHAH DHAN DHAN SIRI GURU NANAK DEV JI DE PAAVAN BACHAN NE:

This is where lack of knowledge stems. Let us see what these verses mean:
koeI gwvY rwgI nwdI bydI bhu Bwiq kir nhI hir hir BIjY rwm rwjy ]

Let us analyse these lines:

Translation by Sant Singh Khalsa
Some sing of the Lord, through musical Ragas and the sound current of the Naad,

Translation by Bhai Manmohan Singh
Some sing Lord God through music, musical instruments and religions books in various ways, but, by these methods, Master, the King is not pleased.

Devine revelation by Bibi Surinder Kaur Cheema

If God is not pleased by singing of Him by sound current of Naad- HOW CAN ONE EVEN THINK THAT only naad go forth.....

Let us now look at the entire shabad

ijnw AMqir kptu ivkwru hY iqnw roie ikAw kIjY ]
hir krqw sBu ikCu jwxdw isir rog hQu dIjY ]
ijnw nwnk gurmuiK ihrdw suDu hY hir Bgiq hir lIjY ]4]11]18]

Some sing of the Lord, through musical Ragas and the sound current of the Naad, through the Vedas, and in so many ways. But the Lord, Har, Har, is not pleased by these, O Lord King.Those who are filled with fraud and corruption within - what good does it do for them to cry out?The Creator Lord knows everything, although they may try to hide their sins and the causes of their diseases.O Nanak, those Gurmukhs whose hearts are pure, obtain the Lord, Har, Har, by devotional worship. ||4||11||18||
Bhai Manmohan Singh
Some sing Lord God through music, musical instruments and religions books in various ways, but, by these methods, Master, the King is not pleased. In whom are fraud and sin what good can bewailing do unto them? God, the Creator, knows everything, though man tries to hide his sin or source of disease. The pious persons, whose mind is pure, O Nanak, obtain Lord God's love-worship.
Some sing the praise of God by Classical Improvisations, some by blowing into a conch, some by reciting Vedas and some by various other methods but that does not appease the all prevading.

ijnw AMqir kptu ivkwru hY iqnw roie ikAw kIjY ]
Those who are filled with fraud and corruption within - what good does it do for them to cry out?

hir krqw sBu ikCu jwxdw isir rog hQu dIjY ]
God, the Creator, knows everything, even if though one may try to hide their sin/source of disease by placing their hand upon it.
ijnw nwnk gurmuiK ihrdw suDu hY hir Bgiq hir lIjY ]4]11]18]
O Nanak, those Gurmukhs whose hearts are pure, worship Har(Lord), are the ones who in essence do the true worship. |
The essence of the Shabad is that when worship is done with an alterior motive/in pretence, our all knowing lord is aware of it and will not be pleased. One should worship with the right mindset, with love, Hirdey naal, Mann laga ke, with the right intentions and NOT WITH PRETENCE.
Now I invite Respected Santokh Singh ji to observe the translations and give his opinion as to whether the claim by Bibi Surinder Kaur Cheema is justified “If God is not pleased by singing of Him by sound current of Naad- HOW CAN ONE EVEN THINK THAT only naad go forth.....” as this being the translation of the tuk in anyway or this shabad in any way backs here claims.
At the same time I would like to invite our Mr Randip Singh to sniff out the same.
Now I will let you all decide who is manipulating Bani to serve their devious means. Is it right to pick isolated sentences out of Gurus Shabad to satisfy the means to their end.
The next shabad Bibi Surinder Kaur Cheema ji puts forward is as follows:
swrMg kI vwr mhlw 4 rwie mhmy hsny kI Duin <> siqgur pRswid ]
slok mhlw 2 ] guru kuMjI pwhU invlu mnu koTw qnu Ciq ] nwnk gur ibnu mn kw qwku n
auGVY Avr n kuMjI hiQ ]1]

mhlw 1 ]
n BIjY rwgI nwdI byid ] n BIjY surqI igAwnI joig ] n BIjY sogI kIqY roij ] n BIjY rUpˆØI mwlˆØI rMig ] n BIjY qIriQ BivAY nµig ] n BIjY dwqˆØI kIqY puMin ] n BIjY bwhir bYiTAw suMin ] n BIjY ByiV mrih iBiV sUr ] n BIjY kyqy hovih DUV ] lyKw ilKIAY mn kY Bwie ] nwnk BIjY swcY nwie ]2] {page 1237}

The key of the Guru opens the lock of attachment, in the house of the mind, under the roof of the body. O Nanak, without the Guru, the door of the mind cannot be opened. No one else holds the key in hand. ||1||
First Mehl: He is not won over by music, songs or the Vedas. He is not won over by intuitive wisdom, meditation or Yoga. He is not won over by feeling sad and depressed forever. He is not won over by beauty, wealth and pleasures. He is not won over by wandering naked at sacred shrines. He is not won over by giving donations in charity. He is not won over by living alone in the wilderness. He is not won over by fighting and dying as a warrior in battle. He is not won over by becoming the dust of the masses. The account is written of the loves of the mind. O Nanak, the Lord is won over only by His Name. ||2||

Translation by Bhai Manmohan Singh

The body-roofed mind's house is locked with the lock of mammonic attachment and it s key is with the Guru. Nanak, without the Guru, the mind's door is opened not, since the key is in no one else's hand.
1st Guru. The Lord is pleased not by making music, tuning musical instrument and reading the Vedas. Through wisdom, knowledge and Yoga, He is pleased not. The Lord is pleased not by ever felling sorrow. He is pleased not with beauty, wealth and revelments. He is pleased not by wandering naked at the places of pilgrimage. By giving gifts and alms, the Lord is softened not. Sitting outside alone in wilderness, He is softened not. Fighting to death as a warrior in a battle, the Lord is melted not. Becoming the dust of the feet of many, He is melted not. The account of hearty love alone is writ there. O Nanak, if one utters the True Name, the Lord is supremely pleased.
lyKw ilKIAY mn kY Bwie ]

Our account is written based on our real intention. If the worship of the lord is done with pretence, He will not be pleased. To keep doing DHAN DHAN does not mean you will get more browny points from the Guru or will make you more religious. It may only get you praise from the like minded in the forum.

It is again clear that the verses put forward have nothing to do with Naad Dhun. But BIBI SURINDER KAUR CHEEMA thinks so. And she wants us to believe her too.
Jis Sach Nu Tusi Rijha Nahi Sakde Jis Naad Naal Kis Tarah Uh Naad Tuhanu Agge Le Ke Jayaga or will be able to go forth itself......WAHEGURU RAKHA EKMUSAFIR JI, TUSI BANI TO ITNE AJNABI HO...... Maaf Karna

The Sangat can decide for themselves as to who is ajnabi to what Bani Says?
myself, Neechan to vee Neech Haan par jad koi Guru Sahib Di Beadbee kare te sevkaa nu awaaj chuknee paindee hai, ohi koshish hai,

That is my precisely why I challenge some people on this site. I have done that several times to you in the past. But do you learn? No. You keep doing beadbi. You put forward Manmati translations. Translations that have no relevance to the topic in hand. But in your mind it does. Calling youself neech is GHOR PAKHAND. The very Pakhand that Guru ji is referring to in the above Shabad. So very very sad.

only making the issue clear for those who BELIEVE IN GURU JI and trying to understand the truth

Only that mind can think of such a statement " Bani will stay behind Only Naad will go forth." who limits DHAN DHAN GURBANI to mere poetry in some worldly language, Bani is INFINITE mere veer: THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH. Dhur Kee Bani/Sachi Bani is THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH how can the absolute truth stay behind: GIVE ME ONE EXAMPLE FROM DHAN DHAN GURBANI, PLEASE.

First understand this for yourself. Bani is a stepping ladder to the become SAT (Sachiara) remember your Japji Sahib. When you reach Sat, you merge into SAT, you do not then need the ladder. Bani has solved its purpose in conditioning you, in awakening you and given you the realisation that you are the very SAT. The Lord Himself.

Japji Sahib – Kiv Sachiara hoyea, Kiv koorey tuthey pal. This is the stage of Sachiara one needs to reach that Guru ji is referring to. Once you achieve this, Bani becomes redundant for that individual.

<<<<<<<<<<<<EDITED >>>>>>>>>>>>

Refrain from personal attack on other forum members.

And ITS SUBLIMINAL EFFECT CANNOT BE IMAGINED IN ITS TOTALITY, unlimited time is needed to write that. Only that person can understand it to WHOM HE HIMSELF MAKE IT UNDERSTOOD (BUJHAAEE).

Need I reply to this to you as to who has been made to understand and who is not?
You must have read Dhan Dhan Guru Sahib De Bachan- GUN GAAVAN DEH BHUJHAAEE.......One who understands it with the Divine Bliss hear it in EVERY SOUND, see it in EVERY VISIBLE OR NON VISIBLE THING, feels it in ROM ROM and HAR KINKE CH...........................

So where is this sound/naad/shabad cropped up from that you have been objecting to. Is it confusion or hypocracy? Pakhand?
ALSO ABSOLUTELY POSSIBLE ------Bin akhkhee dekhna, bin kanni sunnana............

Have you experienced this? I have.
Parmatma da Daas sadaa hi Parmatma Da Das hi rehnda hai, 'seeker or preacher' these identities are important to those who only 'talk' or 'strongly act to walk the path', a person who walks the true path has NO IDENTITY (CRISIS) ISSUES.

He/She always keeps his/her plate the lowest mere veer. Tusi thokar maro, khillee udavo, gal naal lavo, does that matter!!!! it will only effect the doer, not the subject.....

Gallin Yog na hoye!

EK TUHEE EK TUHEESEVAK NU HAR PAASE MALIK DA HI DIDAAR HUNDA HAI
Pretending to be knowledgeable and to be knowledgeable are two different issues.
You and Randip Singh have the correct making of initiating a new CULT.
A CULT founded on Pretence and Lies.

humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness

This is precisely what Gurus are condemning in the above Shabads. Parkhand.

When the world around you is going crazy, when there is sickness, accidents, sadness, unpredictable and painful events -- and you repeat, read, reflect on just a few lines of Gurbani-- you receive the gift of peace -- every time.

You spend what you earn. This is not the Moto of a Sikh. Sikhi is not based on you scratch my back and I yours. Just like your plea for forgiveness above. First throw up on somebody and then apologise. This is OK in Sikhism? I wonder.

EDITED BY NAMJAP

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
gur prswdI syv krI scu gihr gMBIrY ]1]
gur parasaadhee saev karee sach gehir ga(n)bheerai ||1||

mn myry nwim rqy suKu hoie ]
man maerae naam rathae sukh hoe ||

gurmqI nwmu slwhIAY dUjw Avru n koie ]1] rhwau ]
guramathee naam salaaheeai dhoojaa avar n koe ||1|| rehaao ||

Drm rwie no hukmu hY bih scw Drmu bIcwir ]
dhharam raae no hukam hai behi sachaa dhharam beechaar ||

dUjY Bwie dustu Awqmw Ehu qyrI srkwr ]
dhoojai bhaae dhusatt aathamaa ouhu thaeree sarakaar ||

AiDAwqmI hir gux qwsu min jpih eyku murwir ]
adhhiaathamee har gun thaas man japehi eaek muraar ||

iqn kI syvw Drm rwie krY DMnu svwrxhwru ]2]
thin kee saevaa dhharam raae karai dhha(n)n savaaranehaar ||2||

mn ky ibkwr mnih qjY min cUkY mohu AiBmwnu ]
man kae bikaar manehi thajai man chookai mohu abhimaan ||

Awqm rwmu pCwixAw shjy nwim smwnu ]
aatham raam pashhaaniaa sehajae naam samaan ||

ibnu siqgur mukiq n pweIAY mnmuiK iPrY idvwnu ]
bin sathigur mukath n paaeeai manamukh firai dhivaan ||

sbdu n cInY kQnI bdnI kry ibiKAw mwih smwnu ]3]
sabadh n cheenai kathhanee badhanee karae bikhiaa maahi samaan ||3||

sBu ikCu Awpy Awip hY dUjw Avru n koie ]
sabh kishh aapae aap hai dhoojaa avar n koe ||

ijau bolwey iqau bolIAY jw Awip bulwey soie ]
jio bolaaeae thio boleeai jaa aap bulaaeae soe ||

gurmuiK bwxI bRhmu hY sbid imlwvw hoie ]
guramukh baanee breham hai sabadh milaavaa hoe ||

nwnk nwmu smwil qU ijqu syivAY suKu hoie ]4]30]63]
naanak naam samaal thoo jith saeviai sukh hoe ||4||30||63||

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharj: Ang 38-39

This shabd, this bani of Guruji, speaks to the emotions of this thread. I have removed the English translations in deference to members who may find this or any other English translation offensive. Highlighted are the verses that are in my opinion most relevant. Anyone who wishes a translation can send me a pm. I will provide several if you wish.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
gurmuiK bwxI bRhmu hY sbid imlwvw hoie ]

Although the entire sabad is very nice.My favorite 'tuk' is the above one. You may kindly let me know the english meaning.I shall be very grateful aadji.
Thx.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
You and Randip Singh have the correct making of initiating a new CULT.
A CULT founded on Pretence and Lies.

If anybody is trying to be living guru of sikhs here then its you not anybody else.Forget about forum even great gurbani scholars do not agree withe each other.

Jan 6, 2007
UK
If anybody is trying to be living guru of sikhs here then its you not anybody else.Forget about forum even great gurbani scholars do not agree withe each other.

KDS you are not even worth replying to.

I am a Sikh of My Guru.

Aisa Satgur je miley, sir saunpiye wichon aap jaye. Anand Sahib

Cannot say that you have the same committment.

Explaining anything to the kind of mentality in this forum is like trying to explain to a ten year old What is Orgasm?. You will need considerable growing up to understand it and at the right age and maturity to experience it to really find out.

You cannot even assess the evidence lying in front of you to understand whether some one is playing malice of it is a printing error. And you want to stand in judgement.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
nwmu inDwnu soeI pwey ik®pw kry pRBu soie ]3] (405-5, Awsw, mÚ 5)
He alone obtains the treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, unto whom God shows His Mercy. ||3||

Dear Ek- Musafir ji,
SSA

I think that we have spent enough time discussing the points on which,unfortunately, no agreement is likely to be found in the near future.

Why not help us in the mean time?. It will be a sort of diversion for all of us.

Referring to the above line:

It is stated that only those get the Naam or the Name of Lord whom the God so selects/elects.

In that case what is the word that we should make subject of simran. Normally it is 'waheguru'. But it is 'gurumantra' and not Naam.[Pl. correct me]

Taras paiya main rehmat hoye,
Nanak naam miley tan Jeevan
satgur sajan Milya'

In the above line also it is stated that one obtains naam. How do we reconcile the statement that Entire Gurbani is Naam.

Kindly let us know or May I request you to kindly throw some light on this aspect of bani.I shall be very grateful for this.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Respected Ek_Musafir ji,
As an additional evidence that 'Naam ' is imporatnt to sikhs it may be reiterated that even at the time of ardas we say...

Sikhan non sikhidann, kesdann..Naam Daan..Dana sar dan..

Thus Naam is different entity.
This has been explained as a jewel that is present in the our body but it can be known with the Grace of Guru only. For us guru is Lord Himself or the nanaks and SGGS ji.
Kindly explain.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

I am a Sikh of My Guru.

Explaining anything to the kind of mentality in this forum is like trying to explain to a ten year old What is Orgasm?. You will need considerable growing up to understand it and at the right age and maturity to experience it to really find out.

You cannot even assess the evidence lying in front of you to understand whether some one is playing malice of it is a printing error. And you want to stand in judgement.

First speak about yourself whether you are worth or not.Like a 5 year old kid,How many times you said that I am leaving, i am leaving.Is a person who does not keep his word is worth replying.Last time you were deleting your posts .Now again you are here .First make up your mind whether you want to stay here or not.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Quote:
You spend what you earn. This is not the Moto of a Sikh. Sikhi is not based on you scratch my back and I yours. Just like your plea for forgiveness above. First throw up on somebody and then apologise. This is OK in Sikhism? I wonder.

you have answered your own riddle very beautifully Ek Ji.... tusi kitne anand vich ho tuhadi post is telling about it all so clear............................................. ......

SACH PAKHAND Te ANGER HI LAGDA HUNDA PAKHANDEEAA NU, koi navi gal nahi aakhee tusi mere pyare veer, TRUTH IS ALWAYS BITTER for FALSEHOOD....

and moreover choron ko sabhi nazar aate hain chor...

Quote:
Bani is a stepping ladder to the become SAT (Sachiara) remember your Japji Sahib.
Waheguru bhalaa kare Ek Ji, BANI BRAHM HAI, BANI SAT HAI----- IHEE AAD TE ANT HAI............ not a mere step ladder alone. by the way what line of Siri JapJi Sahib you are translating here, dhan tuhadi translation de???????
and Siri Japji Sahib JI Di Bani is for humanity not mine or yours, and if you are referring to my work on SPN under Japji Sahib, please read every word of it, I NEVER CLAIMED BANI TO BE MERELY A STEPPING LADDER...........

EH TO BRAHM BEECHAR hai Ek Ji, gussa thuk ke parmeshvar naal chit no jor ke vekho mere veer, paakhand chchod ke SACH DE GAL LAGGO mere veer....

BANI GURU GURU HAI BANI.....
GUR GUR EKO VES ANEK......

jo sargun te nirgun dono jagah mojood hai oh naad to bahut vaddaa hai, SACH NU PAHCHAANO, BANI DA MAKHOL NA UDAAOO, IT IS NOT GOING TO HELP YOU, THIS IS THE REASON YOU ARE STUCK AT NAAD..........................as i always sound rediculous to you, i know this time again my words are going to hurt you, but remember pain always brings out the most hidden virtue, how long it takes depends on how much filth of koor we have around us and how much we keep on gathering along...............................

AAKHAN AUKHA SAACHA NAO............................................... ..............

Once you achieve this, Bani becomes redundant for that individual.

Kamaal hi ho gaee tuhaadi ta Ek Ji, Tusi te koi kasar nahi chchaddi beadbi karne di,

1. JEKAR BANI becomes redundant for that individual then (supposidly you are that kind of individual) then why are you even using Gurbani in your comments..................

2. Guru Sahib Ji honored Gurbani and Provided The Taj of GURU to this Ultimate Truth..... why!!!!!! ..... a very important thing to contemplate on......................

3. You yourself say that you are your Guru's Sevak, so for you Guru(what ever/whoever is your Guru) must have become redundant after honorable you have used it/him/her........................................

4. redundant means something that have no value, WHO IS YOUR GUIDE BY THE WAY WHO IS GOING BOTH WAYS: Bani sat vi hai te Bani will become redundant, SAT DI DEFINITION TA--- AKKAL/KARTA/TIMELESS......hai, SAT KAD TO TIME ORIENTED HO GYA, even on scholarly basis your argument is shallow.....................because marda ta oh hai jo time oriented hai................SURPRISE SURPRISE...................

5. History tells us that Gurbani was sung in Guru Ji's Darbaar all the time, why Dhan Dhan Guru Sahibaan did that, why were they listening or reciting the Sat after being merged with the Sat...................... YOU KNOW WHY BECAUSE THEY ARE IN ANAND, AND MORE AND MORE AMRIT BARSADAA HAI AFTERWARDS............ DROP SAMUNDAR CH SAMA KE, APNAA APAA BHUL KE PARMESVAR CH MAGAN HO KE BANI HI UCHARDAA HAI, AND ONCE AGAIN BANI IS NOT LIMITED TO JUST POETRY FORM, IT IS APAAR/SAT/BRAHM/NIRANKAAR (which you did say you agree with)...........................................................

6. your words
Have you experienced this? I have.
contradict what you are saying about redundancy of Gurbani, because all i humbly talked about was hearing/seeing.../.././ Dhan Dhan Gurbani, if you are experiencing it as you claim, then HOW IT IS REDUNDANT TO YOU............. why are you giving it any importance to something that is redundant, because you feel and experience the TRUE LOVE- THE SAT- PARKASH- PARMESHWAR- GURBANI - BRAHM --- --- ---: which are all the same ONE- EK ONKAAR................................................

Quote:
That is my precisely why I challenge some people on this site. I have done that several times to you in the past. But do you learn? No.

Veer EkMUSAFIR AJNABI ji you should do vichar on this statement of yours, your 'NO' must tell you something, your statements are always strongly contradicting the TRUTH written in DHAN DHAN DHAN DHAN SIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI- the ULTIMATE DHAN DHAN TRUTH.....................and then you start manipulating others words, how can that effect in any positive way............... Jo vee Bani de contact ch hai, for them all your statements wash off right away with DHAN DHAN GURBANI, hazoor Ek Ji..........................

SACH TA PUR JAANEEAY JE RIDAY SACHAA HOI...............................

Dhan Dhan Sache Patshah Siri Guru Amar Das Ji De Paavan Bachan :

Nanak Tin Ki Bani Sadaa Sach Hai Je Naam Rahe Liv Laaey.....

so Gurbani which is Guru is Sach for ever, What is forever!!!!!!!! i guess all sikhs at least know this truth- aad sach jugaad sach....................... and the SACH IS 'THE ONLY ONE' .............main neech is speechless

me neech is humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness once again EK JI...... he he

i know these words of me neech hurt you a lot BUT THIS IS MY WAY OF LIVING veer mere, WAHEGURU DI KIRPA NAAL BARA HEE ANAND HAI IS VICH, KITE APNE AAP NU 10 MINUTE/10 hours/10 din LAEE IS CONDITION CH LYAA KE DEKHNA SACHE HIRDE NAAL(NO PAKHAND IS ALLOWED he he)...... MAIN NEECH KEE KEH SAKDEE HA IS DA ANAND........

BTW this is my last post during this time period........

Aad Ji, thanks for Gurbani Shabad, i been reciting that since i woke up this morning, and then i saw your post, beautiful, anand aa gya....................

Santokh veer atma kadee old nahee hundee, relation stays fresh all the time .........................................

humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness

Last edited:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Surinder Ji has made peace with herself and it reflects in her soothing words. Her expression on Gurbani and the meanings given by her is entirely her level of consciousness. We all go thru different levels of spiritual unfoldment in various stages and it is natural to find contradicting meanings, some in harmony with us and some not.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Respected Namjap ji,

Gurbani discards slandering in almost all forms. It also guides us as to how we should speak.

mMdw iksY n AwKIAY piV AKru eyho buJIAY ] (473-13, Awsw, mÚ 1)
Do not call anyone bad; read these words, and understand.
nwnk iPkY boilAY qnu mnu iPkw hoie ] (473-14, Awsw, mÚ 1)
O Nanak, speaking insipid words, the body and mind become insipid.
iPko iPkw sdIAY iPky iPkI soie ] (473-14, Awsw, mÚ 1)
He is called the most insipid of the insipid; the most insipid of the insipid is his reputation.
iPkw drgh stIAY muih Qukw iPky pwie ] (473-14, Awsw, mÚ 1)
The insipid person is discarded in the Court of the Lord, and the insipid one's face is spat upon.

jo jIie hoie su augvY muh kw kihAw vwau ] (474-11, Awsw, mÚ 2)
Whatever is in the mind, comes forth; spoken words by themselves are just wind.

hir jn aUqm aUqm bwxI muiK bolih praupkwry ] (493-4, gUjrI, mÚ 4)
The humble servants of the Lord are exalted, and exalted is their speech. With their mouths, they speak for the benefit of others.

There are many other lines that describe the 'speech' of a seeker/sikh .

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Respected namjap ji,

I could get the following lines regarding Slandering.There are many other

sMq kY dUKin Awrjw GtY ] (279-14, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, one's life is cut short.
sMq kY dUKin jm qy nhI CutY ] (279-14, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, one shall not escape the Messenger of Death.
sMq kY dUKin suKu sBu jwie ] (279-14, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, all happiness vanishes.
sMq kY dUKin nrk mih pwie ] (279-15, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, one falls into hell.
sMq kY dUKin miq hoie mlIn ] (279-15, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, the intellect is polluted.
sMq kY dUKin soBw qy hIn ] (279-15, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, one's reputation is lost.
sMq ky hqy kau rKY n koie ] (279-15, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
One who is cursed by a Saint cannot be saved.
sMq kY dUKin Qwn BRstu hoie ] (279-16, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, one's place is defiled.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

I am a Sikh of My Guru.

I am a Sikh of OUR (not just my) Guru.

As Sikhs we have the right to agree and disagree with one another.

Your attacks on Sikh80 and other members are unwarranted and that is why you have been rebuked.

You have been bettered by others on discussion on Bani. Individuals who have humility and a clear concience.

Accept it.

Learn.

Move On.

If you do not, you will continue to carry such malice and hatred in your heart.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Respected namjap ji,

I could get the following lines regarding Slandering.There are many other

sMq kY dUKin Awrjw GtY ] (279-14, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, one's life is cut short.
sMq kY dUKin jm qy nhI CutY ] (279-14, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, one shall not escape the Messenger of Death.
sMq kY dUKin suKu sBu jwie ] (279-14, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, all happiness vanishes.
sMq kY dUKin nrk mih pwie ] (279-15, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, one falls into hell.
sMq kY dUKin miq hoie mlIn ] (279-15, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, the intellect is polluted.
sMq kY dUKin soBw qy hIn ] (279-15, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, one's reputation is lost.
sMq ky hqy kau rKY n koie ] (279-15, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
One who is cursed by a Saint cannot be saved.
sMq kY dUKin Qwn BRstu hoie ] (279-16, gauVI suKmnI, mÚ 5)
Slandering the Saints, one's place is defiled.

If one is true to one's self, then one will be filled with the Divine Virtues:
(http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/spiritual-articles/18381-spiritual-digest-1-life-jewel-2-a.html)

Divine Virtues

It is the divine qualities that make man a gentle or a noble man and enable a person to become great.
Cheerfulness stands high among these. As a flower spreads its freshness and fragrance all round in the atmosphere, a smile on man's face cheer up the spirit of others who come in his sphere. Thus, a cheerful man does silent service to others.
Tolerance and patience too are sterling qualities. They give to man's mind the strength of steel. Like the seat-cushions or the buffer springs, they work as shock-absorbers in life. One who has these can withstand great hardships and bumps.
Sweetness of language and temper is another great virtue. One who discerns only the good qualities of others, is a man of great merit. As a bee collects sweetness from flowers, so does a man who has an eye for others' merits, gather good points, and he himself also becomes a store of sweetness like a honey-comb.
Humility is another high quality. One who thinks himself to be a humble man, is considered by others to be a great man or a saint. A king, wearing a crown rules over his kingdom only, but a man having humility, though without a crown, is a king in his own right; his kingdom knows not the barriers of territory or time, for he rules over the hearts of men of all ages.
Fearlessness saves man from worries and suspicion that cause pain, as much as a person being hanged on the gallows feels. Thus, he lives a carefree life as against a coward who, as the saying goes, dies many times before death.
Contentment is of very great merit. A man who is contented is richer than the wealthiest man in the world, for he is not riding the wild horse of unfulfilled wishes. He considers God's knowledge as so many gems being showered on him by God, and looks upon his righteous actions and his yoga as the great treasure.
Self-confidence is undeniably a very great task. It is this that enables man to consider a mountain as a molehill whereas one who lacks in this quality looks upon a molehill as a mountain.
Straightforwardness enables man to fit better in society. People do not have to be afraid of his intrigues or his tricks. On the other hand, a crooked man is like that nail or a peg which has many bends.
Again, service to others and the spirit of sacrifice are qualities that make a man truly great and happy.These and many other divine virtues come naturally to anyone who practices meditation as he/she establishes a link with God who is the perennial source of these.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
1.Bani/Sachi Bani
siqgur kI bwxI siq siq kir jwxhu gurisKhu hir krqw Awip muhhu kFwey ] (308-5, gauVI, mÚ 4)
O GurSikhs, know that the Bani, the Word of the True Guru, is true, absolutely true. The Creator Lord Himself causes the Guru to chant it.

2. Naam thru. Gurbani
gur kI bwxI nwim vjwey ] (362-11, Awsw, mÚ 3)
Through the Word of the Guru's Bani, the Naam resounds;

3. Remain in Self
inrml bwxI inj Gir vwsw ] (362-18, Awsw, mÚ 3)
Through the Immaculate Bani of the Word, the mortal dwells within the home of his own inner self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: