• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Bal Thackeray Slams Sachin Over 'Mumbai For All' Remark

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
MUMBAI: Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray slammed master blaster Sachin Tendulkar in an editorial piece

‘Saamna’ on Monday over the latter's ‘Mumbai for all’ remark. ( Watch Video )

Thackeray criticised Tendulkar saying there was no need for the cricket icon to take a "cheeky single" and hurting the Marathi psyche by moving to the pitch of politics.

"There was no need for him to take a cheeky single by making such remarks," Sena mouthpiece 'Saamna' quoted Thackeray as saying.

"By making these remarks, you have got run-out on the pitch of Marathi psyche. You were not even born when the 'Marathi Manoos' got Mumbai and 105 Marathi people sacrificed their lives to get Mumbai," he said.

Thackeray expressed displeasure that Sachin "left the crease" and moved to the pitch of politics by making these remarks which have hurt Marathi sentiment.

In a rebuff to the "Marathi Manoos" plank of Shiv Sena and Raj Thackeray's MNS, Tendulkar had said on Friday that Mumbai is for all Indians.

"Mumbai belongs to India. That is how I look at it. And I am a Maharashtrian and I am extremely proud of that but I am an Indian first," said Tendulkar

Shiv Sena and MNS have often played the "Marathi Manoos" card in a bid to attract votes. Raj Thackeray's fledgling party had even unleashed an anti-north Indian campaign inviting criticism.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
It look's to me there is going to be civil war in India over region,Naxalites in Future.Bal thackerey used to call himself leader of Hindu's have now problem with India's most popular player calling himself Indian first and mumbai for all statement.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: