Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Arts/Society Backyard Vegetable Garden

Discussion in 'Language, Arts & Culture' started by Astroboy, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
    Writer SPNer Contributor

I would like to start with the item called MOOLI.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-daikon.htm

I would also like to know other benefits of MOOLI in terms of medicinal, cosmetics, hair, scalp and face, alternative to household chemicals, etc.
    Currently I bought a 5000 sq ft plot of land with a huge house having alot of space to grow vegetables in containers. I already got my first harvest of corn, mustard green. Tomatoes and okra are also just planted in old tyres. They are doing well.

Just bought MOOLI seeds to be planted soon.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    1984 Beware of Hate Groups in Your Own Backyard (SikhChic) History of Sikhism Nov 9, 2009
    Heritage Now a Vegetable Market, Ranjit Singh's Royal Haveli a Picture of Neglect History of Sikhism Nov 11, 2013
    Warm Up with Winter Vegetables (Vegetarian Casseroles) Cooking & Recipies Feb 7, 2011
    India Food inflation jumps to 18.32 p.c. on rising onion, vegetable prices Breaking News Jan 6, 2011
    Vegetable Pakora (Manjula's Kitchen) Cooking & Recipies Dec 6, 2010

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Astroboy ji

There is a famous story of an ancient Zen master who loved mooli, which is daikon, so much that one night he stuffed himself and then he died.

The lore of Zen Buddhism includes many a story of daikon. You can look them up.

On another note, they are great in parathas .... nearby restaurant stuffs them that way.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Have tried Shallots/onion juice mixed with garlic juice to apply on my scalp in order to have my hair regrow in the balding areas. I can say that it got the itch off my scalp. But when I tried mooli juice massaged on my head, it reduced the itch and dandruff tremendously.

Earlier i made my own shampoo of ACV and Honey to remove the itch. I gave some to my neighbor and a nother friend to try. The feedback I got from them is that it blackens greying hair. Although I had not known about using MOOLI earlier, I sure am going to try a new recipe of shampoo adding it to ACV, Honey, Onions and Garlic. To even out the smell and give it a better fragrance, I'm using the Balsam shampoo.