• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

SciTech Astronomers Shocked: "The Edge Of The Solar System Is Tied Up With A Ribbon"

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Astronomers Shocked: "The Edge Of The Solar System Is Tied Up With A Ribbon"

Boundary Explorer, or IBEX, has just produced new images of the solar system that has shocked astronomers. This first full-sized map shows 9 billion miles of atoms surrounding the solar system that scientists are describing as looking like a ribbon. This completely defied expectations: astronomers believed the atoms were evenly distributed rather than densely packed together in this ribbon formation. Take a look at the map for yourself.

National Geographic reports:

"Exactly where the [galaxy's] magnetic field is most wrapped around the outer boundary of the heliosphere, that's where the ribbon runs," [IBEX principal investigator David] McComas said. "That could be an unbelievably remarkable coincidence, or it could be a fabulous clue that somehow this external magnetic field is actually imprinting onto our heliosphere through some process that we don't yet understand."

See video and read more at: Astronomers Shocked: "The Edge Of The Solar System Is Tied Up With A Ribbon" (VIDEO)

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Please forgive this. I rarely do the copy/paste thing, but Dr. Haldane says it much better than I could.

• I have no doubt that in reality the future will be vastly more surprising than anything I can imagine. Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose.
    [*]Possible Worlds and Other Papers (1927), p. 286
    [*]J. B. S. Haldane - Wikiquote
And, of course, there's Star Trek's energy barrier around the "edge of the galaxy."

May I be forgiven if I also quote what Dr. Haldane said about how new ideas are approached by the powers that be in the world of science:

I suppose the process of acceptance will pass through the usual four stages:
(i) this is worthless nonsense; :down:
(ii) this is an interesting, but perverse, point of view; :{;o:
(iii) this is true, but quite unimportant; :u):
(iv) I always said so. :thumbup:

And, should anyone ask, but what is Sikh about that, I will simply respond, What is not Sikh about that :rofl!!:

:ice:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
The article BTW was sent by email by forum member Tejwant ji to be posted on his behalf. So for him I am very happy that you are enjoying it. :happy:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Guru Nanak was awestruck with the Wow! factor that we are surrounded by and he mentioned about that quite nitidly in Jap, the foundation stone of Sikhi after giving us the Moolmanter as its blueprint.

Now, it depends on each of us how to use this blueprint and the foundation of Sikhi to build our own inner skyscrapers/ empires.

Thanks to Guru Nanak, all Sikhs get hooked on to and live in awe of the Wow! factor. He taught us how to keep on looking within and what surrounds us and we will always find gems in both places.

Tejwant Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM