• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Asians Can't Wave Native Flags On Eid

Dec 27, 2004
Hertfordshire England
Dear Aman, I will tell you why it’s wrong.

I am a white Anglo Saxon who is constantly told by those who are choosing to live in this country Britain that the English flag and the Union Jack are symbols of imperialism and are a course for offence.

While most countries have some semblance of pride in their national emblem it appears in the interest of racial harmony that we and I am sorry to use the term (indigenous Anglo Saxons) are labelled as racists and are encouraged not to flaunt the flags.

Indeed our own sycophantic government removes at every opportunity the national flag.

So me for one find it an anathema when I see those who make all this fuss about our flags trumpeting their right to wave foreign flags on the soil of my homeland.

Once again its all about tolerance, unfortunately its always the indigenous British who are the ones that are told need tolerance!

John C a very tolerant but miffed Britain.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Add on:

In India, one is not allowed to waive national flag just like that. It is an offence if one puts indian national flag on top of his house, car etc. or even stamps that on shirt, pants etc. The flag is allowed only on governmental buildings in India.

Regards.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM