• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Are You A King Or A Clown ?

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
ARE YOU A KING OR A CLOWN ?

The turban is my crown
and it aint coming down !
The King wears the crown
The cap is for the clown !

WE ARE THE CHILDREN

We are young and fearless
We drank the amrit-nectar
Now we wear the 5-Ks of
The mighty, mighty Khalsa
We never miss our prayers
They give us super power
When we meditate with
We are saint soldiers
We always stand together
We are Waheguru's Army
We are all equal
my sister and brother
There is no caste in

We don't hate anybody
We always help each other
Everyone's the friend of
We don't do drugs
We don't drink booze
God made us pure
And we wont lose
The Khalsa life
is what we choose
'Cause we get high
loving our Gurus!
The more we pray
The more we say
We love, we love
We love our Gurus!
Each 'n every day
We pray and say
We love, we love
We love our Gurus!
Listen to these views
They're headline news
We love, we love
We love our Gurus!
We don't drink booze
We will never lose
'Cause we get high
loving our Gurus!

WAHEGURU JEE KA KHALSA
WAHEGURU JEE KEE FATEH

by Harjit Singh
Source: Poems & Articles

mkm

SPNer
Mar 1, 2008
ARE YOU A KING OR A CLOWN ?

The turban is my crown
and it aint coming down !
The King wears the crown
The cap is for the clown !

Hello All Jio

Calling others clown who wears cap, is very anti Gurmat approach. Or it is a joke! Even then, it seems low level.

May 5, 2008
Maryland
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

As per Sikh tradition, we should tie a turban and not wear a Cap.

I heard somewhere,

hoe sikh sir ttopee dhharai || saath janam kushattee hue marai ||

He who as a Sikh places a hat on their head; will be reborn seven times as a leper.

But, then there are so many other things that we should not be doing,
for instance, one of them is, as per some Sikh saints, Trimming and tying the beard are the same. So keep the beard open and flowing is Sikh Maryada, not possible for most sikhs today due to jobs and living outside India.

I am also very confused, as Sikhism doesn't teach us hating or disliking anyone, and its not a harsh and strict religion.

Most of my friends wear Caps, I dont hate them, but these things look small, 50 yrs from now, Topi may become more popular than the Turban.

Like everywhere else , in sikhism also, there is discipline and code of conduct, and if we wish to be Guru ke Pyaare, the Turban is a gift by Guru Gobind Singh JI to all the sikhs, we keep the Gifts from our friends and relatives with such care, and don't care at all for such a beautiful gift from the Guru, who is ang-sang sahai all the times everywhere.

Finally, Someone who has beard and wear a turban is not always a Sikh.
Turban is not the only thing that makes you a sikh, there are rules and principles to be followed.

Above all is to read Gurbaani and understand for yourself what Guru Ji is telling us, and then we will have no doubt what so ever.

Bhul chuk maaf
Guru Ji saarean te Mehar karan

May 5, 2008
Maryland
"hoe sikh sar topi dhare sat janam kohdee hoe mare."

Can anyone clarify, if 10th Guru Sri Guru Gobind Gingh said this?

And if he did say this, does this apply to only Amritdhari Sikhs? or everyone, even if they trim their beards, and drink alcohol and eat meat.

Bhul chuk maaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
All Jio

Any time we praise our attire and laugh at others, it disqualifies us to be Sikhs. We are supposed to respect all and show humbleness. Guru ji gave Singh name in concept of inspiration to stand up against tyranny and to maintain equality by ending surnames; however, even in those times, Tenth Nanak praises bravery of Aurangzeb in Jaffarnama, that teaches us some thing. After wearing Turban saying others who are wearing caps are inferior or clown, is not a display of Sikhi Spirit.

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

hoie isK isr topI DrY ] swq jnm kuStI huie mrY ]

He who as a Sikh places a hat on their head, will be reborn seven times as a leper.

--'Tankhaanama' Bhai Nand Laal Jee

The poet ( by Harjit Singh ) is taunting all, who call ourselves as Sikhs but try to hide our Sikh Identity. A Gursikh should be Proud of Guru Sahib ji's gift (the turban). We have been blessed with 'Sardari' (leadership) by Guru Gobind Singh ji. So why become a commoner (spiritless, cowardly, fearful person) ?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

hoie isK isr topI DrY ] swq jnm kuStI huie mrY ]

He who as a Sikh places a hat on their head, will be reborn seven times as a leper.

--'Tankhaanama' Bhai Nand Laal Jee

The poet ( by Harjit Singh ) is taunting all, who call ourselves as Sikhs but try to hide our Sikh Identity. A Gursikh should be Proud of Guru Sahib ji's gift (the turban). We have been blessed with 'Sardari' (leadership) by Guru Gobind Singh ji. So why become a commoner (spiritless, cowardly, fearful person) ?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Respected Singhbj ji

So you would ignore Gurbani, humbleness of Tenth Master and follow Bhai Nand Lal's Rehtnama( which is not even sure Bhai Nand Lal wrote it because a lot of things said in it absolutely against Gurmat)? Guru Gobind Singh ji didnt give only this turban gift but also to obey Guru Granth Sahib. So pick one that suits to the ego, ignore the other one that is the stratgy of todays Sikhs? Why become a commoner? Is it your view ?Have you forgot, Satguru Nanak preferred commoner compared to special one of the society( Bhai Lao, remember)? When religion becomes pick and chose stuff, horrible consequences are invited to be doomed. My turban hasnt changed me a bit, I love being commoner because that is what Satguru Nanak taught me, my heartily thanks to Guru ji. Reading Gurbani means nothing unless one lives it.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
“God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh”- Voltaire

I would rather be a clown than a king.
The king; a symbol of order, structure, obedience, control, manipulation, war and fear.
The clown; a symbol of freedom.

Happy
Sinister ji
My sincere thanks for understanding Sikhi as its ocean like approach towards His all creation ! Happy

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM