• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ardas Over Food = Purification Like Halal?

har13

SPNer
Jul 20, 2009
I know that what we do is for blessings, but it is the behaviour of our people, it is as if the food has been purified. That is what I am trying to get at.

Randip Singh ji,
I agree with you. I also think that Ardas is for thanks to God who provides us food.
Not for purifying food.
However we usually recite gurbani when making langar. And ardas before taking it.

Regards,
Har

har13

SPNer
Jul 20, 2009
Here we are talking about soul not the body.So when Indian gov declair that Sikhs are terrorist then you have problem. In this case you approved their ruling. Becouse it suit you. You admit that you are not holy soul that can get the bani from akal purkh. How can you know that it is from akal purkh. This akal purk can not speak by him/her self? Every one can claim that akal purkh is talking to him/her. There are other kind of people in India that the bhoot posess them the bhoot speak through them. Don’t tell me that akal pukh is bhoot. Would you believe me if I tell you that I am from another planet. I am here to see if people here are doing as I told them to do? I am sure you will not. Why do you belive what is written in the book as poems. I can say that poems are good have good message, that’s all. So are the other holly books beside kuran.
All relious people claim that their holy books are the word of god. Christain claim that Jesus is the only son of God, but you don’t believe them. Becouse you are using logic and dot take their word for it. So why do want me and other Sikhs to believe you that it is living guru. There is no living thing about this book. The massage in the SGGS is to naam simran. And do no harm to any life.No where in the book it say to worship the book.Guru Nanak condemn all what we are doing now in his name. If you have problem understanding then I suggest that you should get help from some one who can explain it to you.
Looks to me you have no experience Unbhab of your own. You just want to believe in the ritual. Do you really think that by doing the rituals you can please God? Can God be pleased or anger? By worshiping book as god you are lowering god to your level.
Do the naam simran then you will get some unbhab. Youwill see then what it is.Not just reading the book.
I am sure you have read books in school and learned trade, yet you don’t worship those books. Is that what Nanak wanted us to do? Where is Nanak’s writings that tells us that we should worship his writing.
When murder case go to judge. The judge has to listen all the evidence from a natural point. He is not bias if he is then it will not be justice. You are sikh because you were born in it. How many other religion have you studied before you became sikh? How do you know it is the best of the rest? There maybe ( I maybe wrong ) only about 5% amartdhari Sikhs in the world. Yet 95% are normal Sikhs. Are all these Sikhs going to hell because they are not amratdhari? What about the rest of the world population of the world? It is all about the soul. Think what you are believing. The very same thing I am saying now was said by Nanak. Then the people stoned him called him kuria. People like you are going to be here for ever.

Sat sri Akal ji,
Have you heard about baba Nand singh Ji, who made it true " pargat guran ki deh"

According to my point of view everyone needs a teacher which can show him/her a path. So Guru Granth sahib ji is a teacher ( Guru) which shows us correct path of life.
Hyms are not just poems. Every line teaches us a lesson. So I think it is not bad to give respect to a teacher/ guru. So we do. It is true we are born in a sikh family. Our Guru read every religion and gave us the best things of all. So we do not have any need to read any other religion.
We know when we start ""rasna japti tu hi tu"". there is nothing left.
So Guru Granth Sahib ji is our Guru.

If other religion want to give repect to their holy books it is up to them.

Regards,
Har

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Dear All,

Please recite before eating any food to pay our gratitude to Akal Purkh for providing us with that;

ਜਿਹ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਛਤੀਹ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਖਾਹਿ ॥ਤਿਸੁ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਕਉ ਰਖੁ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ ॥

Jih parsāḏ cẖẖaṯīh amriṯ kẖāhi.Ŧis ṯẖākur ka▫o rakẖ man māhi.

By His Grace, you partake of the thirty-six delicacies; enshrine that Lord and Master within your mind. -----Guru Arjan, Raag Gauri Sukhmani 5th Astpadi, AGGS, Page 269-14

Cordially,

Virinder S. Grewal

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
While doing Ardas we say "Waheguru, we place before you, the Prasad and Langar which you are requested to bless and give permission to serve to the Sangat.

The meaning is quite straightforward. So obviously there should not be any wastage of such prasad and langar.

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
You will find upon closer examination many religious and cultural rituals and ceremonies can be explained scientifically in a spiritual sense.

Life and existence is a constant ongoing chemical reaction, experiences with others, social and interpersonal interaction all depends upon synchronicity, aligned minds, or spirits, or mindsets or an established physical order. The electrical charges emitted by the individual not only determine his attitude and thermodynamic magnetic field {positive or negative} but also gauges the responses to his interaction with his world. Human beings are powerful portals of electromagnetic energy, this energy if stabilised creates an aura of harmony and affinity with the environment and internally with oneself.

A perfectly well balanced and healthy individual is able to function solely upon the chemical nutrients emitted by the brain of a healthy strong willed mind. This is the ultimate state of Sahej for Ascetics. Realistically mans task should be to obtain maximum output to minimum energy input. Prayer and Ardaas prior to feasting is probably based upon this Spiritual system of supplication of the physical receptors to nutrition, enhancing nutritional absorption and maximising the goodness derived from the food consumed.

It is medically well documented a strong steadfast mind creates a fortress like firm body and fine tuned digestive system. This is evidenced in happy people remaining healthy and active on bread and milk staples, whilst stressed and pressurised miserable beings regardless of the expensive and lavish banqueting suffer many maladies’ and bodily dysfunctions because the bio-systems inability to properly absorb and digest nutrients extracted from the food, inhibited further by the excessive energy requirements that heightened states of mental stress and a pressurised psyche demand.

Ardaas literally calms in readiness the digestive system and spirit to maximise absorption of essential nutrients. You may find upon further examination near all Sikhi tradition and customs are rooted in a deep wisdom and knowledge of mans participle role in his world and his ability and objective in gaining mastery of will, mind and thereby body. The thanking The WaheGuru for his benefaction also serves to remind the human of his vulnerability and susceptibility to of availability of food sources vital for his survival.

With regard to wastage or ’’nyiatt’ the greed is prohibited by the sacred law of taking a portion sufficient for one’s lifestyle energy requirement or body usage, overcoming greed born of fear of food shortage and the ingrained need for humans to amass fat stores in case of emergency famines. In this age these basal instinct requires overriding and the mind and body re-programmed to think in terms of requirement than gluttonous or inadequate disproportionate consumption to energy needs in relation to metabolism.

Scientists, Philosophers and researchers of truth are arduous scholars of a truth, Gurmat or Wisdom is present and part of the soul of a Saint and Brahm Giani. Whilst finding great knowledge in the pursuit of truth in the aforementioned, there is nothing to compare to the prose and poetry of the Bani written by the hand of our Guru Ji. ...

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
I will reply to this in due time.My reply may not be posted. I sent one reply it was not posted beacuse it differ from the editer's poit of view. Wait a week or so if you dont see the reply any one wishing to get it may send me private email

Please do not publish your private email in the forum for security and Internet safety reasons. You do not know who will make mischief. If anyone wants to reach you they should use your private messages through SPN, and then you can send your private email that person/those people individually. Hope you understand. Narayanjot Kaur

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Randip Singh ji,
I agree with you. I also think that Ardas is for thanks to God who provides us food.
Not for purifying food.
However we usually recite gurbani when making langar. And ardas before taking it.

Regards,
Har

Unfortunately a lot of people assume ardas somehow purifies food.

How can we as men and women purify Gods creation?

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
The relation between mind, body and focus of consumption – A devotee at the end of Kirtan takes the sacred Parshaad being dispensed by the Gyani, to him its sweet nourishing oil is as manna to his palette. He says Waheguru’’ to distributor and fills his belly and soul with the satisfying mix of wheat, sugar and butter. It satiates a hunger no amount of food can do. Post consuming he gently massages teh residual oil onto his hands marvelling at how they glisten with the Holy Food. His spirit is satisfied. He does not know whether it was braised sufficiently or contained enough quantative ratios of sugar and butter, only that it is given by grace of God to the hungered in Spirit. He is nourished and requires little else. As a Mothers cooking is to the weary traveller. He may eat in many restaurant’s, have the inexhaustible wealth to eat where so his heart pleases, and does, to find no greater fare than the simple vegetarian bhangon ki purji, aloo matter ki sabji, or kheer cooked with a Mother’s Love, simple fare made ineffably nourishing by the hand that dispenses it with love and best intent.

Scenario 2 - An unappreciative mean and fickle mind individual takes parshaad from the Gyani at the Gurdwara, she finds it oily or dry, too sweet or not insufficiently roasted, she pulls a face critical of the inadequate catering skills of the cook, and suggests to the Gyaani he distribute tissues to clean surplus ghee away from the hands post eating the Parshaad. The women is uptight closed minded, probably retentive exposing her to threat of illness and dysfucntion and lacking in the beholden grateful mindset to take of the sacred Parshaad in the spirit of the goodwill intended.

Food is purified by the chemical process of a healthy mind releasing endorphin like chemical when chanting Ardas. These powerful chemicals literally destroy any present toxins in the gut, in turn maximising potency of the nutritional content of the food. A chemical process in a healthy gut makes bread more nourishing to the healthy belly than a thousand ‘organic’ or ‘’home reared’ advertised foodstuffs achieving no such success in highly strung fastidious irreligious constitutions.

It is essentially the link between the dilated mind and body supplicated and amenable to the Spirit in which the daily food or Parshaad is offered. The Ardaas reminds us of The Great Benefactor, The Supreme WaheGuru’s grace and love offered as sustenance. The food is better digested and availed of any nutritional constituents when Love is present. The digestive system is inextricably linked to the mind, Ardas makes mindful the individual in readiness to optimise absorption of nutrition and optimise enjoyment of the food and life in general in the sense of knowing we are tended to and under the Grace of The Almighty WaheGurMat. ...

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
1.What is impure?

2.What is pure and how can it be determined that it was impure before?

3.What does purification mean in this context?

4.How does this purification help our immune systems?

5.One can determine the purity of a metal by the scientific methods, How can one determine the purity of food? What scientific methods should be applied?

6.Does pure mean safe from e.coli and other dangerous diseases that can kill humans?

Would love the guidance of the Sadh Sangat to clarify the above.

Tejwant Singh

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
1.What is impure?

Impure is a mind sullied by paap, haram, kroh, moh, lob, hanker. This infection causes disease in the body, behaviour and attitude and to avoided at all costs. Impurity of the mind is caused be weakness of will, poor counsel or guidance causing mean character, hypocrisy, duality of actions and thoughts and the pursuit of maya to compensate for the subsequent lack of substance and contentment within. The pure mind is free from fear and temptation, anger and zid, and consequently is greater in rationale and reason enabled by a clear conscience and fair mindedness.

The pure mind is free from fear and temptation, anger and zid, and consequently is greater in rationale and reason enabled by a clear conscience and fair mindedness. Impurity is manifest in intolerance, immorality, impropriety, sin vices, attachment to and reliance upon materialism and others rather than mastery of the same. An impure mind is purified by prayer, by understanding, by faith, by altruism in the true sense, by good deeds in the Sangat, by being true to the Supreme Soul and the self it contains. Shedding fears and wilfulness, being sensitive to others, nurturing a love of God and his creation than the ad verbatim recitation of Bani or outward displays of piety. Being courageous and humble sufficiently to live ones Truth than simply preach or chant it. Cynics deem this state of sahej to be unattainable, an opinion I vehemently contest. In the company of the saintly and fair, the defences constructed in the cause of self preservation fall and true freedom and peace is gained.

A balanced mind and spirit creates an equilibrium within where the body gain equipoise and is able to function on a high energy output on minimal nutrition caused by the bio-system, similar to a well tuned car engine, functioning at optimum. A regulated digestive tract ceases to release toxins from impure matter and slowly builds up immunity to the toxins ridding the system of the same and creating antibodies. Once passing this phase the mind, body and spirit become naturally inclined towards good speech, conduct, nutrition and demeanour eliminating the constant struggle man is embroiled in with temptations. This creates a harmonious aura deflecting further assaults from others as there is no contrition or anger to rouse the demons within others.

5.One can determine the purity of a metal by the scientific methods, How can one determine the purity of food? What scientific methods should be applied?

Basic science tests are able to detect the presence of strong cells dominating antibody cells, although crucial in battling infection, drain excessive energy supplies. You should not require scientific testing other than to prove what is apparent for all to see. Drastic chemical changes occur in the person undergoing purification, skin is radiant, naturally fragrant, urges and cravings caused by irregularities diminished and controlled, optimised energy output, mental clarity and peace of mind are the indicators.Source:: Sikh Philosophy Network

6.Does pure mean safe from e.coli and other dangerous diseases that can kill humans?

A pure mind creates a string body and immune system enable to flush out upon contact symptoms of impurity, carnal cravings, sin vices, paap. A strong Mind, Spirit and Body become almost ethereally immortalised, true liberty and peace. Most diseases tend to kill the weak and vulnerable whilst the strong recover and regain good health.

Kahde Pavit, sundhe pavit, se pavit jin mann vasaia - They immersed in truth, speak truth, hear truth, consume purity, and become pure in mind.

Excessive education is detrimental to the mind Tejwant Singh Ji. It makes verbose and sense redundant, ultimately all knowledge leads to The One Truth, for those with clear conscience to hear. Utopia is not disbanded by your disbelief, and they who dwell in peace and love, gain Kiwan Mukhti and swarg here on earth, trolls and demons notwithstanding...

***merry go-round * marys circular reasoning is soon deconstructed and set upon a straight righteous path...

At no point in this response doers it cite ''pure foods', I am well aware of Guru Nanaks response to so called sanctimonious ''puritans'', it is rather of the chemical, emotional and spiritual interaction between man and his world that either impures or makes toxic. Rather what I havehighlighted is in accordance with Guru Nanaks citation, no matter how pure the food is the mind be cunning, the group have malicious intentions, and an individual be arrogant/deceitful in its piety, he becomes impurer than kinder. generous hearted souls. Please reread the post.

Purity, racial purity or Lordship was fought and battled and demarcated only to be replaced by white supremacy and black dominance with no defined cultural or religious parameters resulting in the socio-political chaos we have presiding over us today.. This white supremacy has no other saving grace than it is white {bahroh nirmal andhroh maile }, the demands by women for equality and power regardless of integrity, virtue or any honour they may have gained from their Lord. The. Lord is no longer required to be won, to be loved but be overcome with state assistance, the family, matrimonial laws no longer have any value, marriages are wrecked, homes destroyed, children and mothers emotionally destroyed by women’s demands to wed whom they please regardless. The entire system is impure, hypocritical, based on lies and rights gained by protest than merit. Pure minded good people are rare if not made obsolete, anger wilfulness and wrath rules the day, the consequences of impurity within manifest in desecration without. Purity is the aim of religion yet it is fought for by demander’s of equality for sinners and the good alike. It is a battle fought from the outset and has yet to be won. Maybe you are right and I will heed, Wisdom is fought at all junctures and God blamed for all acts of evil and mans failing in overcoming and conquering it. The days of our Mothers supporting an extended network of family by grace and love are gone, now women bark retorts of governmental assistance if man challenges her demagoguery and demands for rights, she no longer needs to respect or care for family and society is easily won with ingratiation. See what the discarding of Guru Nanaks words has caused. It was then and is now. God has withdrawn, and I am bound by what seems an inescapable Jadugiri, at a time I no longer have any belief in man or God or truth prevailing. The demon lord drives the will and leads where neither sut, mit nor bhai dwell, decidedly impure and I not in the habit of playing victim or advocator. Religions seem underseige by new age interventions seeking to submit its sacred laws for their own interests. Well supported and the old guard traditionalist silent and dignified. Why not become philosophers, scientists or politicians if the basic principles of Spiritual Purity are rejected or deemed unfathomable.

YouTube - teri yaad 1984 repost

YouTube - mere dushman mere bhai from border movie (if you are indian or pakistani must see this video)

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Jeetijohal ji,

Guru Fateh.

Thanks for the response.

Your response shows nothing but your emphasis on Utopia laced with ego which again is a pipe dream and offers nothing practical to anyone in how to live everyday life of Miri- Piri.

The percentage of purity can only be determined in metals and chemicals through scientific methods. There is no other way.

Purity has nothing to do with us humans. Khalsa means purehearted, hence its degree of "purity" can not be gauged nor determinded by an outsider much less by the person him/herself because it is a Gurmat work in progress.

We should all be concerend about safety ( purity) of our food we consume so it does not affect us in negatve ways and comes and haunt us in the future as cancer or other fatal diseases rather that taking a ride on some Utopic Mary go round.

My 2 cent worth.

Tejwant Singh

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
1.What is impure?

Impure is a mind sullied by paap, haram, kroh, moh, lob, hanker. This infection causes disease in the body, behaviour and attitude and to avoided at all costs. Impurity of the mind is caused be weakness of will, poor counsel or guidance causing mean character, hypocrisy, duality of actions and thoughts and the pursuit of maya to compensate for the subsequent lack of substance and contentment within. The pure mind is free from fear and temptation, anger and zid, and consequently is greater in rationale and reason enabled by a clear conscience and fair mindedness.

The pure mind is free from fear and temptation, anger and zid, and consequently is greater in rationale and reason enabled by a clear conscience and fair mindedness. Impurity is manifest in intolerance, immorality, impropriety, sin vices, attachment to and reliance upon materialism and others rather than mastery of the same. An impure mind is purified by prayer, by understanding, by faith, by altruism in the true sense, by good deeds in the Sangat, by being true to the Supreme Soul and the self it contains. Shedding fears and wilfulness, being sensitive to others, nurturing a love of God and his creation than the ad verbatim recitation of Bani or outward displays of piety. Being courageous and humble sufficiently to live ones Truth than simply preach or chant it. Cynics deem this state of sahej to be unattainable, an opinion I vehemently contest. In the company of the saintly and fair, the defences constructed in the cause of self preservation fall and true freedom and peace is gained.

A balanced mind and spirit creates an equilibrium within where the body gain equipoise and is able to function on a high energy output on minimal nutrition caused by the bio-system, similar to a well tuned car engine, functioning at optimum. A regulated digestive tract ceases to release toxins from impure matter and slowly builds up immunity to the toxins ridding the system of the same and creating antibodies. Once passing this phase the mind, body and spirit become naturally inclined towards good speech, conduct, nutrition and demeanour eliminating the constant struggle man is embroiled in with temptations. This creates a harmonious aura deflecting further assaults from others as there is no contrition or anger to rouse the demons within others.

Basic science tests are able to detect the presence of strong cells dominating antibody cells, although crucial in battling infection, drain excessive energy supplies. You should not require scientific testing other than to prove what is apparent for all to see. Drastic chemical changes occur in the person undergoing purification, skin is radiant, naturally fragrant, urges and cravings caused by irregularities diminished and controlled, optimised energy output, mental clarity and peace of mind are the indicators.Source:: Sikh Philosophy Network

A pure mind creates a string body and immune system enable to flush out upon contact symptoms of impurity, carnal cravings, sin vices, paap. A strong Mind, Spirit and Body become almost ethereally immortalised, true liberty and peace. Most diseases tend to kill the weak and vulnerable whilst the strong recover and regain good health.

Kahde Pavit, sundhe pavit, se pavit jin mann vasaia - They immersed in truth, speak truth, hear truth, consume purity, and become pure in mind.

Excessive education is detrimental to the mind Tejwant Singh Ji. It makes verbose and sense redundant, ultimately all knowledge leads to The One Truth, for those with clear conscience to hear. Utopia is not disbanded by your disbelief, and they who dwell in peace and love, gain Kiwan Mukhti and swarg here on earth, trolls and demons notwithstanding...

***merry go-round * marys circular reasoning is soon deconstructed and set upon a straight righteous path...

What are these pure foods?

Please list them.

Are you saying Ardas purifies food? or Ardas purifies the person eating the food?

or is this the same scenario when Guru Nanak joined the mullahs for prayer and laughed? i.e. someone doing Ardas and thinking about something else?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM