• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Anoop- I Want To Become A Sikh

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
After reading alot on sikhism, i have been appraoched by this book...'mystical divine' which is about the truth, reality god etc. I know alot about sikhism, but maybe i am not pure enough to understand it. I have come across this site:

http://www.near-death.com/rosenblit.html

It touched my heart, i want to become a amrit shakh. Where should i start?

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Anoop said:
After reading alot on sikhism, i have been appraoched by this book...'mystical divine' which is about the truth, reality god etc. I know alot about sikhism, but maybe i am not pure enough to understand it. I have come across this site:

http://www.near-death.com/rosenblit.html

It touched my heart, i want to become a amrit shakh. Where should i start?
Veer, this is so good to read. See your local gurudwara for next steps.

Jo boley so nihaallll
Sat Sri akaaaallllllll :wah:

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
Arvind said:
Veer, this is so good to read. See your local gurudwara for next steps.

Jo boley so nihaallll
Sat Sri akaaaallllllll :wah:

Still need more support. I know this is exactly true, but my mum doesnt want me to be liek this, i am stressed. Arvind ji, i know it is easy for you, but for me its hard to become a sikh just like that. I want to, my ego still in the way. Im worried about the future i will have for example, having wife, support etc. Please try to understand.

Mar 26, 2006
bhai anoopji,
satsriakaalji..well i too am not fr ma keshdhaari background however am interested in sikhi...and have always felt as a sikh....veerji i know its not easy to convince folks who are not in this path.
A few years back and sometimes now too i have been also prompted by many others to take amrit....but there is a lot of conflict in the mind....

I had a chat with a close friend of mine who has been a devoted sikh and he said...' I appreciate yor love for sikhi but let me tell you a sikh just by look is not a perfect sikh...A person who follows sikhi with devotion understands Gurbaani and loves the Guru is more sikh rather than a person who wears dastaar and keeps his kesh but doesnt follow the Divine Path...he drinks, boasts, eats kuthe da maas.....that is absolutely of no use...
Love the Guru...ask Him...converse as you converse with yor friend...Its easier said than done ...but keep trying ...its like connecting to the internet...in those early days ..keep trying u shall succeed..The Guru will make your Path....He shall guide you... Seek refuge in Him and He shall guide you...and you will find solace.....

If I have written anything too much...bhool chuk maaf....i m too small of a human being ...to say all this ...but this is what is read and discussed....and this is what i know ...

with love and regards...

raaj karega khalsa

il_sikh

SPNer
Apr 12, 2006
Illinois, USA
dear anoop you are already a sikh

Anoop,
kds1980 is correct. The term 'Sikh' means "disciple" or "learner". I am a sahajdari Sikh which means "slow learner". In plain English it means a Sikh that is moving slow on the path. I am in the same boat as you regarding family, friends, etc. I still live with my parents and they wouldn't understand Sikhi. They've never really understood any faith I've been attracted too, but that's okay I still love them. I plan on becoming Khalsa when I am ready and able. There's no gurdwara around where I live so I pretty much just wing it. I read the Guru Granth Sahib every day, albeit in English, and read a lot on the Internet. A good site is http://www.sikhworld.co.uk. I've found plenty of good information on that one. I wish you all the best and if you ever want to contact someone, even just to chat, my e-mail address is justin_lundeen@khalsa.com. Good luck my brother and may Waheguru guide you,

Justin

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: