• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

And The 6th Sikhtoons.com Caption Contest Winner Is!

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
SPN extends its heartiest congratulations to S. Tejwant Singh ji Malik (Vaheguruseekr) on winning the SIXTH SIKHTOONS CAPTION CONTEST. The winning caption is towards the right side of this message.:

Congratulations to first ever co-winners of the Sikhtoons caption contest, Tejwant Singh from Las Vegas, Nevada (USA) and an Anonymous Singh.

Attachments

• sixthcaptionwinnerOne.jpg
    sixthcaptionwinnerOne.jpg
    66.2 KB · Reads: 571
  • sixthcaptionwinnerTwo.jpg
    sixthcaptionwinnerTwo.jpg
    58.3 KB · Reads: 609

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
I would like to request Tejwant Ji to share his thoughts over the selection of theme and the whole time as to how this all started...

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I would like to request Tejwant Ji to share his thoughts over the selection of theme and the whole time as to how this all started...

Regards

Aman ji,

Guru Fateh.

Well, Vishavjit has started this contest on his Sikhtoons - Sikh cartoons with a message. He designs the cartoons and asks the readers to fill in the captions. So the theme, the artwork and he creatvity is all his.

In fact he wrote about his experience during the 1984 holocaust.

1984 & I:The Cartoonist.
sikhchic.com | The Art and Culture of the Diaspora | Article Detail

I just sent in my caption and forgot about it. The funny part is that when I received an email from him that I had won it with someone else as a co-winner, I had no idea what I had written. I only remembered it when I saw the cartoon yesterday.

It was just a spur of the moment writing with my dry british sense of humour about mothers-in law. The inspiration came from the woman who had octuplets in California recently through invitro fertlization, although she has no mother in law as Antonia ji reminded me in our chat.:)

The proof of its dryness is in my wife of 20 years' question to me," what is funny in it? I do not get it".:)

I would urge all the readers of SPN to participtate in the next cartoon contest. One has the oppotunity to reveals one's hidden talents.

Regards

Tejwant

Jun 1, 2008
:hmm:i wonder if that toon is a jatt in that script in another thread someone told us all that 100% of jatts are clean shaven.

by the way congrats from this shameless creature:shy:

Rani Sandhu

SPNer
Feb 7, 2009
Toronto
Saint Soldier Ji, not all Jatts are cleanshaven...for a fact, I come from a Jatt family and my dad is not cleanshaven....so don't judge the entire jatts clan based on one response.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
CONGRATS TEJWANT JI.....

fROM Dishonest sadhu :)

Sadhu ji

Guru fateh.

Thanks for the compliment. I do appreciate that.

Now coming back to the TITLE of DISHONEST that you have used so often along with many others with great pride, allow me to say a couple of things.

I have no idea how old you are or what you upbringing is like. But so far you have admitted yourself of being a liar, a dishonest, a contradictory and also used many other adjectives to flaunt your traits how ill they may be. Yet, you insist on what you have learnt so far on your some living personified Guru. Hence, the logical conclusion is that whoever your living Guru is has taught you to be what you are. So as you have admitted to all the above traits, then you have also accepted the fact that you have no right to talk ill about Sikhi or any other faith or putting it another way, you have no right to talk ill about any other human being.

This is not my conclusion but the reflection of your own posts.

Good luck with your living Guru who has taught you all the above. And I will never blame your parents for that because all of us who are parents do our best in the upbringing of our children.

Tejwant Singh.

Mar 1, 2009
Vaheguruseekr

I have no idea how old you are or what you upbringing is like. But so far you have admitted yourself of being a liar, a dishonest, a contradictory and also used many other adjectives to flaunt your traits how ill they may be. Yet, you insist on what you have learnt so far on your some living personified Guru. Hence, the logical conclusion is that whoever your living Guru is has taught you to be what you are.
I am 22 years old. My upbringing was just like yours. But the only difference is that i dont mind people calling me dishonest or a liar. And i never jump into arguments to prove myself an honest or a truthful person. I simply accept whatever they have to say about me, as they dont bother me at all.

So as you have admitted to all the above traits, then you have also accepted the fact that you have no right to talk ill about Sikhi or any other faith
Yes i have accepted the above traits, but the next line

[then you have also accepted the fact that you have no right to talk ill about Sikhi or any other faith]
This is your conclusion, i never accepted that. Moreover i never talk ill about sikhi.

This is not my conclusion but the reflection of your own posts.
Yes there was a reflection in my post, but you have taken out your own conclusions out of that reflection.
For example
Hence, the logical conclusion is that whoever your living Guru is has taught you to be what you are.
These are your conclusions out of the reflection of my posts.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM