• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Anand Sahib - Pauri 3rd

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
Dear Khalsa Jee,

I share with you my understanding of the 3rd Pauri of Anand Sahib.

1. swcy swihbw ikAw nwhI Gir qyrY ] saachay saahibaa ki-aa naahee ghar tayrai.

The True Sahib what is not there in your house?

My understanding:

Through this question, Guru Sahib is conveying to me that there is nothing that is not with ‘The Sat’. Any entity or item that I can think of is there with ‘The Sat’. The Sat’ is infinite, unlimited and vast.

2. Gir q qyrY sBu ikCu hY ijsu dyih su pwvey ] ghar ta tayrai sabh kichh hai jis deh so paav-ay.

Though in your house every thing is there, but only those receive to whom you give.

My understanding:

Guru Sahib in this sentence is telling me that though ‘The Sat’ has all that one can imagine, but there is an element of screening done by ‘The Sat’; every thing is not given to every one. Those individuals whom ‘The Sat’ wants to give alone receive the items or entities. Even these graced individuals will not get every thing that potentially ‘The Sat’ can give. Only the items, which ‘The Sat’ wants to give that alone, will reach them.

3. sdw isPiq slwh qyrI nwmu min vswvey ] sadaa sifat salaah tayree naam man vasaava-ay.

Always singing your praise and glory and with Naam enshrined in the mind.

My understanding:

Guru Sahib is now instructing me as to what my state of being should be to qualify for the grace of ‘The Sat’.

Guru Sahibs says that my mind should be imbued with Naam. Once Naam i.e. the remembrance of ‘The Sat’ has occupied my mental space, my thoughts will stem from this true state, they will be true, the speech and actions that result from these thoughts will also be true. My total behavior will be true. ‘The Sat’ will be in all that I do or say. This way, my being will sing the praise and glory of ‘The Sat’.

4. nwmu ijn kY min visAw vwjy sbd Gnyry ] naam jin kai man vasi-aa vaajay sabad ghanayray.

An individual who has enshrined Naam in her/his mind resonates with divine melody.

My understanding:

Guru Sahib is again emphasising that the individual whose mental space is occupied with Naam will resonate with ‘The Sat’ i.e. the divine melody. In other words Guru Sahib has told me that my interface with ‘The Sat’ is the true and pure state of my mind; my mind should echo ‘The Sat’. I should be in spiritually evolved state. I should have risen to a level where I interpret my life in much larger context for the good of all. I should be spending my life for a much larger human cause, very much beyond my own selfish interest.

It is known that as one understands so one interprets; it is true for life also. For example: A labourer utilises the human life for its own sustenance. A scholar makes use of it for erudition. The wise man metamorphoses the human life into the divinity. Guru Sahib is asking me to be a wise human. To become divine, my mental space should be occupied by Naam, which denotes ‘The Sat’. When this happens I will resonate with ‘The Sat’. My natural frequency (tendencies) then will be in tune with my source i.e. ‘The Sat’.

5. khY nwnku scy swihb ikAw nwhI Gir qyrY ]3] kahai naanak sachay saahib ki-aa naahee ghar tayrai. ||3||

Says Nanak, O’ my True Sahib, what is not in your house?

My understanding:

Guru Sahib is awed by the unlimited vastness of ‘The Sat’. Guru Sahib has given expression to his being overwhelmed by the infiniteness of The Sat’.

With this I close.

With love and respect for all.

Amarpal

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Sachey TRUTH
Saheb GOVERNOR
Kya What
NAHIN NOT
GHAR AT HOME ie Within Self
Terey Own

Ghar ta Terry sab kuch hai . Every virtue is within SELF.

Jis Devey so paye. One who gets aware understands and get virtues within.

those who got aware of inner TRUTH praises and discuss, and get attached to TRUE name. And Name resides ie remain aware.
Being Aware, expression of and in abundance appears.

Says Nanak, on governing TRUTH, what is not there, which is not within SELF.

Fir eg All livings belong to nature, and all search and research is done by human forms, and is subset of NATURE,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM