• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

An Important Site

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikh80

I visited the site. Identified the author of the site as a member/follower of the Tal Gurmat or Tapoban sect of Sikhism. Then I visited tapoban.org. There were many pictures. There weren't any women in any of them. But quite a few sadhus-- or so it seemed.

Apr 4, 2007
tapoban.org is the website of Gurudwara Tapoban Sahib, which i believe is AKJ... there are a LOT of women involved in AKJ. possibly you aren't seeing them in the photos because they also wear turbans, just like the men...

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
I am posting the article that is availabale on the ste.

Without Naam - Final Article

Guru Sahib gives us many quotes from Guru Granth Sahib Jee on how our lives would be without the name of the Lord.

ਵਿਣੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਸਾਬਾਿਸ ॥੩॥੩੨॥
vin naavai naahee saabaas
Without the Name, no one is approved. 332

If anybody has any questions or needs any advice in personal Jeevan, please take time out to e-mail this Maahaa Moorakh on gupt_abhiyaas@hotmail.com, Daas will try and answer the questions only through the blessings of Guru Sahib.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Sikh80

I visited the site. Identified the author of the site as a member/follower of the Tal Gurmat or Tapoban sect of Sikhism. Then I visited tapoban.org. There were many pictures. There weren't any women in any of them. But quite a few sadhus-- or so it seemed.

Aad2000 ji
There was an article that I posted above. I could not make out much from your post as above. What is Tapoban sect.?

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
tapoban.org is the website of Gurudwara Tapoban Sahib, which i believe is AKJ... there are a LOT of women involved in AKJ. possibly you aren't seeing them in the photos because they also wear turbans, just like the men...

Hi Jasleen_kaur,
I could not make out anything from the above post .Would you pl. be kind enough to let us know as to about the site that you feel.

Apr 4, 2007
jasleen ji

I made a point of looking for women because I know the women wear turbans. Do the Tapoban women play leadership roles?

Sikh80 - try Tapoban.org

i'm not familiar with the specific demographics of the committies at gurdwara tapoban sahib... but i know many women who are involved in AKJ, and they perform kirtan, do gatka, teach, do seva... pretty much the same as the men. they tend to shy away from fancy suits and jewlery, preferring to wear the same bana the men wear. if anything, the AKJ women i know seem to feel slightly more empowered than average sikh women, probably because of the emphasis on gatka and on guru sahib's hukam being the same for everyone (ie: turbans mandatory for women as well as men).

it's also important to remember that tapoban sahib is simply a gurdwara with a fancy website. it's not a sect.

honestly, the only group of sikhs i see that have a lot of women in leadership roles is 3HO (western sikhs), which makes me think the lack of women otherwise is more cultural and less religious.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: