• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

An Amazing Research - A Must Read

Jun 1, 2004
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Re: An amazing research : a must read...

oh thats so true. I read the complete para without any place, and kept on replacing the mis-spelt words with the correct ones unconsciously

Jul 13, 2004
Canada

etinder said:
selective perceptions, figure ground, part and whole relationships and what not......:)
I have no idea what you are talking about.. etinder ji :confused:

u keep on hitting us with some terms, which are so out-of-world for me at least.

Care to tell more about these in simple words? ;)

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India

i guess i shud create a separate thread abt perceptions..if u think other people on the forums wud also be interested in it.

for start
world around us is nothing but our perceptions. and we can define perception as interpreting or giving meaning to the stimulus/stimuli or information received through our sensory inputs. or in simple words giving meaning to everything or anything around us.

Jun 1, 2004

Etinder Ji, it would be better if you could create another thread about perceptions... well, talking about perceptions, how about this for a perception...

Ancient Egyptians believed the heart was the center of intelligence and emotion. They also thought so little of the brain that during mummification, they removed the brain entirely from bodies. :confused:

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004

Dear Neutral singhji

That was good one as i always wondered why they used to did so ( Pith the brain out) but now I it was fair enough as they thought the heart to be doing all the work

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Aman Singh said:
Etinder Ji, it would be better if you could create another thread about perceptions... well, talking about perceptions, how about this for a perception...

Ancient Egyptians believed the heart was the center of intelligence and emotion. They also thought so little of the brain that during mummification, they removed the brain entirely from bodies. :confused:
but i thought they removed ALL the soft tissues...brains, heart, liver, intestines etc..as these contain a lot of water and rot easily.

The comment about the HEART is right though... the MALAYS in my country also believe all emotions/intelligence etc reside in the HATI (HEART) which by the way is NOT the "heart" we all know...the one beating mass of muscle in the chest...as in heart attack !!!..to the Malays ... "Heart" Hati is the LIVER... HOW about THAT ???

jarnail Singh

21khalsa13

HRH
SPNer
Jan 16, 2005
on earth

hati possibly refers to the seat of the spirit
centre point of being

in martial arts and yoga the solar plexus is this point

when meditating focus on this area
imagine it opening and releasing.

the above research is great!!
anyone ever tried photoreading
thoery being when you look around the room etc. you don't need to register each chair, table, walls etc for your mind to build up picture.
so when you read why do we only read one word at a time.
our minds have amazing capacity to process information and focus energy.
these methods are being the west by CIA and management thoeries, and acclerated learning techniques.
these are just rehashed old ideas guess where from

i think about time we got together and presented eastern wisdom in scientific methodology.
between all the different branches there is some amazing insights into the nature of the universe. the world needs these right now!
problems we face together can only be overcome be learning from each other and not sitting so stubbornly on our theory.

:unsure:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: