• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Amrit And Maryada

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Satsriakal to all and Inderjit Singh Dhillon Ji!

Please do not try to hear words which are never spoken.

Please enliven the Truth which can never be spoken.

The guru gives me Prasaad of Simran. Truth of Gurbani accompanies His Shabad. Only words I can say are 'Wahu Guru'.
This is how Gurbani has become my Guru.

It is your history that You have found gurus in history.

You wrote ". . . I do have a problem with people who misrepresent our religion."
And your last sentence is ". . . I have love for all even those that commit evil because god lives in them too."

I pray your problems are removed soon and you start loving God in your own existence too.

Love.

Balbir Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
ISDhillon said:
Satsriakal Balbir Singh Ji,

So now you agree that their is nothing written by our gurus that historically adi granth was conferred with gurgaddi, however you then erronousley continue to call bani your guru, which seems to suggest that you have a pick and mix attitude when it comes to historical truth claims, ie you accept that historically Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave gurgaddi to granth but do not accept the status of guru to the panth because it does not suit your lifestyle, I dont have a problem with people who are not ready to give their heads for the guru but I do have a problem with people who misrepresent our religion.

You then tell me I am ignorant and I feel sorry for you because what you are doing is chucking the baby out with the bathwater I hope you understand that saying and how it fits with you.

I will not be responding further to you as I am confident that I have driven my position home and believe it is etched in your mind where your errors lie and hope it has become ingrained in the minds of others who reads this.

Finally I would just like to say I have love for all even those that commit evil because god lives in them too.

WJKK WJKF

Inderjit Singh Dhillon :wah:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji KI fateh.

It is an indisiputable fact that Guru Granth Ji is GURU of the Guru Khalsa Panth. One is MIRI and the other is PIRI..the concept already strengthenend by Guru hargobind Ji by building the Akal Takhat outside the Darbar Sahib.

Guru Khalsa Panth was accepted and codified as GURU..at vasakhi 1699 when GURU GOBIND SINGH JI knelt BEFORE the PANJ and begged them to give hIm Khande De Pahul. This Proves that something was lacking in Gobind Rai and He needed to receive the Khande Batte de Pahul from the Punj. Guru Gobind Singh Ji asserted the Divine Authority of the GURU KHALSA PANTH twice...once at Chamkaur..and also at a Pir's Grave when Guru JI accepted "punishment" from the Punj for a violation. IF the KHALSA had NOT been GURU..they wouldnt have DARED punish Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

This si what is so unique in..AApeh Guru aapeh Gurchela...one and only instance in World History.

Vested interests are deeply into "DENYING" the Guru Khalsa Panth as a GURU..becasue IF they manage to BREAK it up into various "sects"..then the various Maryadas can have a field day....That is why the entire SANT SAMAJ..and all the others REFUSE to accept the GURU KHALSA PANTH. Some of them do "accept" the GURBANI as GURU..just for the sake of it..so as not to arouse too much opposition ( but then many liek the namdahrees, Radhasoamis who already have grown strong..and dont quite "need" Gurbani..have thrown it away in favour of their own human Guru ?? Even these are not too averse to "USING" Gurbani for their own purposes as and when they like it..as kirtan, katha etc becasue THEIR GURU is INCAPABLE of writign fresh New GURBANI ( and its not for lack of trying..many have tried writing new so called gurbani and failed miserbaly). The example of Avatr bani of the narakdharee guru gurbachan coems to mind. There are many others along the same path..trying to write new "history" on the Panj, Khalsa, Amrti etc which are their own coloured variations....

in 1708 Guru Granth Ji was given Gurgadhi and Guru Khalsa Panth ahs to be in its Tabaiah.. There can be NO GURU GRANTH without GURU KHALSA PANTH and vice versa. That is what GURU GOBIND SINGH JI came to accomplish. Otherwise GURBANI is Ilahi and has been GURU all along..no need to give Gurgadhi in 1708..Guru Ji made it all FORMAL.

I agree with what IS Dhillon is trying to say..110% Correct.

The one tiny mistake we have made is calling KHANDEH BATTEH DEE PAHUL..."amrit". In every written instance this is mentioned as Peevoh PAHUL KHANDEHDHAAR hoveh janam sohela.... and secondly IF we search GURBANI..we find that there is ONLY ONE "AMRIT"..and that is GURBANI. so when we refer to PAHUL as amrit we self contradict and invite criticism.

Jarnail Singh Gyani "Arshi"

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Satsriakal to all and Gyani Jarnail Singh Ji!

You started this post with "It is an indisiputable fact that Guru Granth Ji is GURU of the Guru Khalsa Panth."

Then you started the next paragraph with "Guru Khalsa Panth was accepted and codified as GURU..at vasakhi 1699 when GURU GOBIND SINGH JI knelt BEFORE the PANJ and begged them to give hIm Khande De Pahul."

Please clarify this. How many are your present Gurus?

Is there any protocol available from Guru Gobind Singh Ji or Panj Pyaras?

It seems that the greed to rule and enjoy the authority over our Guru's earning is very strong in some. Their claim that "Guru Khalsa Panth was accepted and codified as GURU" shows their mean mentality.

It is not surprising why so many heads roll to become leaders to feel and live like gurus of the present Panth.

The deep Moh and greed, to be known as Guru, have brought some to such lowest level that they are not ashamed to say "This Proves that something was lacking in Gobind Rai and He needed to receive the Khande Batte de Pahul from the Punj."

What kind of wisdom is this? What was lacking in our enlightened Guru?

I am sorry. I cannot read your post further.

Balbir Singh

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Sat Sri Akal respected BalBir Ji and All fellow Readers,

Please accept my best regards.

I am not advocating anyone here. I believe, everybody has got a different style to convey/express his/her messages to others. In this case, in Gyani ji strong tone, i can feel his love his Guru... if you will read his entire message only then will you be able to understand what said initially. We have to read all his previous messages on this forum and other forums to really understand his style of expressing his throughts on various aspects on sikhism... and only then make a decision.

Respected BalBir ji, even i can say that most of your posts contain too much sarcasam for messages posted by fellow members. We do appreciate your philosophy or understanding of sikh school of thought but to ridicule and criticise others for their thinking is far too easy for a intellectual person like yourself... this only makes it far more difficult for others to reach at your level and understand what you want to convey. Everyone has his/her own personality, let us not judge them just because they said something in a particular manner... Let us all try to give everybody his due place to breath & groom their spirituality as per their own present level of understanding. As they may never adhere to your thinking at this stage or vice versa and thats the beauti of spiritualism, mysticism. Let us try to find our paths while appreciating others path too. My humble request.

Please accept my best regards

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Satsriakal to all and Aman Singh Ji!

Thanks for your suggestions.

God may be available easier in discussions for some, specially on Internet Forums. I wish them all good luck.

It was great to know many views about Sikhism.

It is not surprising to note how Sikhs have become many. The Gurus message is about ONE, though.

I wish all best of Satsangs further.

Love.

Balbir Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

First Master bowed to Second Master and Latter told that it was like fathers bowing doen to pick up his child from mud.

so Tenth Master did respect us so that we be like him as our father wants us to be like him.

He told us to reconganise ourself and let thier be a raise inour dignity.:wah:

Guru is one Akal and verbal manifetaion is Sabad Guru and Physical incarnation is Guru Panth Khalsa.

It is Avtar of Kaliyuga(as per Sau Sakhi).

Sep 11, 2005
Dear Friends

Good and Bad are the two aspects of one object .

Negative and Positive are the two aspects of the one object.

When ever one writes or speaks , whatever he/she writes will always carry both the aspects.

The listener or the reader who has been exposed to much Negative or bad aspect , his/her mind will direct him/her to always look for negative and bad aspect of whatever is written .

The listener or the reader who has been exposed to much Positive or Good aspect , his/her mind will direct him/her to always look for Positive and Good aspect of whatever is written .

And if a listener and reader is a man/woman of wisdom , he/she will absorb the wisdom from both the aspects of the object.

rosethorne

SPNer
Aug 13, 2005
New Delhi
WJKK WJKF

My dear Gursikhs its really not the question of AMRIT And MARYADA, but the question of two aspects only? Dear devinesanativeji said of two aspects of anything. But in the view of Gursikhi Has only one aspect MARYADA of GURU. Whatever the facts are in writing or by other means we know, can't make any difference. We are just Humans and having knowlegde through our academics. But our GURU's were having knowlegde from AKAL. We know a little of that our GURUS knows it all.
Whenever a Gursikh take Khande-Bate-Da-Pahul then only he realize the fact about DHANGURUGOBINDSINGH MAHARAJ, Whatever HE said or Done in his Entire 42yrs, can anybody say to do as little as 1% of that. That Pahul By HIMSELF He has given to Baba Deep Singh Ji Shaheed. And Baba Deep Singh proved the power of the PAHUL. We are scared by the PAHUL nowadays. Then we are trying to escape from that. Thats why we are making so many excuses in words. If we know the power of word then we willbe not in trying to escape from Pahul. Because Pahul gets everybody to nearer the SHABDGURU. May Satguru sanu samat dein.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Awesome discussion.

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Dear All,

Here are my two cents on;

Sabd Guru on Rahat/Rahit(ਰਹਤ /ਰਹਿਤ)

The two words Rahat ਰਹਤ and Rahit ਰਹਿਤ have different meanings and have to be understood as such.

The word Rahatਰਹਤis derived from Rahi, which in turn is derived from Raha/Rahana, meaning reside, dwell, exist, continue, or remain, custom, habit, manner, mathod as written in Mahan Kosh and Gurmukhi word dictionary of AGGS by Dr. Surinder Singh Kohli.

The words Rahat/ਰਹਤ(way of life or desciplin)and Rahit/ਰਹਿਤ (without or excep) are incorporated in AGGS in the following hymns of Guru Nanak (Ragas Bilawal and Parbhati) and Guru Arjan in (Ragas Bhairo and Sarang;)

ਸਾਚੀ ਰਹਤ ਸਾਚਾ ਮਨਿ ਸੋਈ

Full Sabd

ਨਿਕਟਿ ਵਸੈ ਦੇਖੈ ਸਭੁ ਸੋਈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਵਿਰਲਾ ਬੂਝੈ ਕੋਈ ਵਿਣੁ ਭੈ ਪਇਐ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਈ ਸਬਦਿ ਰਤੇ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਈ ਐਸਾ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਪਦਾਰਥੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਾਵਸਿ ਰਸਿ ਰਸਿ ਮਾਨੁ ਰਹਾਉ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਕਥੈ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਈ ਕਥਿ ਕਥਿ ਬਾਦੁ ਕਰੇ ਦੁਖੁ ਹੋਈ ਕਥਿ ਕਹਣੈ ਤੇ ਰਹੈ ਨ ਕੋਈ ਬਿਨੁ ਰਸ ਰਾਤੇ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਈ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਸਭੁ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਹੋਈ ਸਾਚੀ ਰਹਤ ਸਾਚਾ ਮਨਿ ਸੋਈ ਮਨਮੁਖਕਥਨੀਹੈਪਰੁ ਰਹਤ ਨ ਹੋਈ ਨਾਵਹੁਭੂਲੇ ਥਾਉ ਨ ਕੋਈ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਇਆ ਬੰਧਿਓ ਸਰ ਜਾਲਿ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਬਿਆਪਿ ਰਹਿਓ ਬਿਖੁ ਨਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਆਂਜੈ ਸੋ ਦੀਸੈ ਕਾਲਿ ਕਾਰਜੁ ਸੀਧੋ ਰਿਦੈ ਸਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਲਿ ਸੋ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈ ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਪਤਿ ਗਵਾਈ ਆਪੇ ਕਰਤੈ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰਾਈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਆਪੇ ਦੇ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਰੈਣਿ ਅੰਧਾਰੀ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਜੋਤਿ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਝੂਠੇ ਕੁਚਲ ਕਛੋਤਿ ਬੇਦੁ ਪੁਕਾਰੈ ਭਗਤਿ ਸਰੋਤਿ ਸੁਣਿ ਸੁਣਿ ਮਾਨੈ ਵੇਖੈ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਸਿਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਮੰ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਊਤਮ ਕਰਾਮੰ ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਜੋਨੀ ਦੂਖ ਸਹਾਮੰ ਬੰਧਨ ਤੂਟੇ ਇਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਸਾਮੰ ਮੰਨੇ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਚੀ ਪਤਿ ਪੂਜਾ ਕਿਸੁ ਵੇਖਾ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋ ਦੂਜਾ ਦੇਖਿ ਕਹਉ ਭਾਵੈ ਮਨਿ ਸੋਇ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਕਹੈ ਅਵਰੁ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਇ

Nikat vasai ekai sab so▫ī. Gurmuk virlā būjai ko▫ī. vi bai pa▫i▫ai baga na ho▫ī. Saba rae saā suk ho▫ī. ||1|| Aisā gi▫ān paārath nām. Gurmuk pāvas ras ras mān. ||1|| rahā▫o. Gi▫ān gi▫ān kathai sab ko▫ī. Kath kath bā kare uk ho▫ī. Kath kahai e rahai na ko▫ī. Bin ras rāe muka na ho▫ī. ||2|| Gi▫ān ḏẖi▫ān sab gur e ho▫ī.Saachee Rahat Saachaa Man Soyee, Manmukh Kathnee Hai Par Rahat Na Hoyee, Naavoh Bhoolay Thaou Na Koyee. Man mā▫i▫ā banḏẖi▫o sar jāl. Gat gat bi▫āp rahi▫o bik nāl. Jo āʼnjai so īsai kāl. Kāraj sīḏẖo riai samĥāl. ||4|| So gi▫ānī jin saba liv lā▫ī. Manmuk ha▫umai pa gavā▫ī. Āpe karai baga karā▫ī. Gurmuk āpe e vadi▫ā▫ī. ||5|| Rai anḏẖārī nirmal jo. Nām binā jūṯẖe kucal kacẖẖo. Be pukārai baga saro. Su su mānai vekai jo. ||6|| Sāsar simri nām ari▫ām. Gurmuk sāʼn ūam karāmaʼn. Manmuk jonī ūk sahāmaʼn. Banḏẖan ūte ik nām vasāmaʼn. ||7|| Manne nām sacī pa pūjā. Kis vekā nāhī ko ūjā.ek kaha▫o bāvai man so▫e. Nānak kahai avar nahī ko▫e. ||8||1||

Akal Purkh dwells close at hand, and sees all,but how rare is the Guru willed who understands this. Without the Fear of God, there is no devotional worship. Imbued with the Word of the Sabd, eternal peace is attained. ||1|| Such is the spiritual wisdom, the treasure of the Naam; obtaining it, the Guru willed enjoy the subtle essence of this nectar. ||1||Pause|| Everyone talks about spiritual wisdom and spiritual knowledge.Talking, talking, they argue, and suffer. No one can stop talking and discussing it. Without being imbued with the subtle essence, there is no liberation. ||2|| Spiritual wisdom and meditation all come from the Guru. The True way of life comes through Truth embedded in the mind. The self-willed talks about it, but does not practice it. Forgetting the Name, one does not find any solace or peace. Maya has caught the mind in the trap of the whirlpool. Each and every heart is trapped by this bait of poison and sin. See that whoever has come, is subject to death. Your affairs shall be adjusted, if you contemplate the Akal Purkh in your heart. ||4|| He alone is a spiritual teacher, who lovingly focuses his consciousness on the Word of the Sabd.The self-willed, egotistical self willed loses his honor.The Creator Itself inspires us to Its devotional worship. God blesses the Gurmukh with glorious greatness. ||5|| The life-night is dark, while the Divine Light is immaculate. Those who lack the Naam, are false, filthy and untouchable. The Vedas preach sermons of devotional worship. Listening, hearing and believing, one beholds the Divine Light. ||6|| The Shaastras and Simritees implant the Naam within. The Guru willed lives in peace and tranquility, doing deeds of sublime purity. The self-willed suffers the pains of reincarnation. Enshrining the Name of the One Akal Purkh bonds are broken. ||7|| Believing in the Naam, one obtains true honor and adoration. Who should I see? There is none other than the Akal Purkh. I see, and I say, that Akal Purkh alone is pleasing to my mind. Says Nanak, there is no other at all. ||8||1||
-----Guru Nanak, Raag Bilawal, AGGS, Page. 831-12

ਸਚੀ ਰਹਤ ਸਚਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਏ

Full Sabd

ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹਿ ਸਗਲ ਜਗੁ ਛਾਇਆ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਦੇਖਿ ਕਾਮਿ ਲੋਭਾਇਆ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਅਪਨਾ ਇਕੁ ਰਾਮੁ ਪਰਾਇਆ ਐਸਾ ਜਾਪੁ ਜਪਉ ਜਪਮਾਲੀ ਦੁਖ ਸੁਖ ਪਰਹਰਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਨਿਰਾਲੀ ਰਹਾਉ ਗੁਣ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਾਚ ਸਬਦਿ ਤੁਝ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਇਆ ਆਵਾ ਗਉਣੁ ਤੁਧੁ ਆਪਿ ਰਚਾਇਆ ਸੇਈ ਭਗਤ ਜਿਨ ਸਚਿ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇਆ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਨਰਹਰਿ ਨਿਰਬਾਣੀ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਭੇਟੇ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਜਾਣੀ ਸਗਲ ਸਰੋਵਰ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਮਾਣੀ ਆਨਦ ਰੂਪ ਵਿਟਹੁ ਕੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਭਾਉ ਭਗਤਿ ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਪਾਏ ਹਉਮੈ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਸਬਦਿ ਜਲਾਏ ਧਾਵਤੁ ਰਾਖੈ ਠਾਕਿ ਰਹਾਏ ਸਚਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੰਨਿ ਵਸਾਏ ਬਿਸਮ ਬਿਨੋਦ ਰਹੇ ਪਰਮਾਦੀ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਮਾਨਿਆ ਏਕ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗੀ ਦੇਖਿ ਨਿਵਾਰਿਆ ਜਲ ਮਹਿ ਆਗੀ ਸੋ ਬੂਝੈ ਹੋਵੈ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵੇ ਭਰਮੁ ਚੁਕਾਏ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਜਾਗੈ ਸਚਿ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਏ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣੈ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ਸੇਵੇ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਹੋਇ ਸੇਵਾ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ ਜਪੁ ਤਪੁ ਸੰਜਮੁ ਹਉਮੈ ਮਾਰਿ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਜਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਣਾਏ ਸਚੀ ਰਹਤ ਸਚਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਏ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਮੇਟਣਹਾਰਾ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਸੂਝਸਿ ਬੀਜੀ ਕਾਰਾ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਧਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਆਗੈ ਰਾਖਿਆ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਕਹੈ ਮਹਾ ਰਸੁ ਚਾਖਿਆ

Mā▫i▫ā mohi sagal jag cẖẖā▫i▫ā. Kāmaek kām lobā▫i▫ā. Su kancan sio he vaḏẖā▫i▫ā. Sab kicẖẖ apnā ik rām parā▫i▫ā. ||1|| Aisā jāp japao japmālī.uk suk parhar baga nirālī. ||1|| rahā▫o. Gu niḏẖān erā an na pā▫i▫ā. Sāc sabauj māhi samā▫i▫ā. Āvā gaouḏẖāp racā▫i▫ā. Se▫ī baga jin sac ci lā▫i▫ā. ||2|| Gi▫ān ḏẖi▫ān narhar nirbāī. Bin sagur bete koe na jāī. Sagal sarovar jo samāī. Āna rūp vitahu kurbāī. ||3|| Bā▫o baga gurmaī pā▫e. Haumai vicahu saba jalā▫e. Ḏẖāva rākai ṯẖāk rahā▫e. Sacā nām man vasā▫e. ||4|| Bisam bino rahe parmāī. Gurma māni▫ā ek liv lāgī.ek nivāri▫ā jal mėh āgī. So būjai hovai vadbāgī. ||5|| Sagur seve baram cukā▫e. Anin jāgai sac liv lā▫e. Ėko jāai avar na koe. Sukāa seve nirmal hoe. ||6|| Sevā sura saba vīcār. Jap ap sanjam haumai mār. Jīvan muka jā saba suā▫e. Sacī raha sacā suk pā▫e. ||7|| Sukāa uk metahārā. Avar na sūjas bījī kārā. Ŧan man ḏẖan har āgai rāki▫ā. Nānak kahai mahā ras cāki▫ā. ||8||2||

Emotional attachment to Maya is spread out all over the world. Seeing a beautiful woman, the man is overcome with sexual desire. His love for his children and gold steadily increases. He sees everything as his own, but he does not own the One God. ||1|| I meditate as I chant on such a mala, that I rise above pleasure and pain; I attain the most wondrous devotional worship of the Akal Purkh. ||1||Pause|| O Treasure of Virtue, Your limits cannot be found. Through the True Word of the Sabd, I am absorbed into You. You Yourself created the comings and goings of reincarnation. They alone are devotees, who focus their consciousness on You. ||2|| Spiritual wisdom and meditation on the God of Nirvaanaa- without meeting the True Guru, no one knows this. Akal Purkh's Light fills the sacred pools of all beings. I am a sacrifice to the Embodiment of Bliss. ||3|| Through the Guru's Teachings, one achieves loving devotional worship. The Sabd burns away egotism from within.The wandering mind is restrained and held in its place.The True Name is enshrined in the mind. ||4|| The exciting and intoxicating worldly plays come to an end, for those who accept the Guru's Teachings, and become lovingly attuned to the One Akal Purkh. Seeing this, the fire in the water is extinguished. They alone realize this, who are blessed by great good fortune. ||5|| Serving the True Guru, doubt is dispelled. Those who are lovingly attuned to the True God remain awake and aware night and day. They know the One Creator, and no other. Serving the Giver of peace, they become immaculate. ||6|| Selfless service and intuitive awareness come by reflecting upon the Word of the Sabd. Chanting, intensive meditation and austere self-discipline come by subduing the ego. One becomes Jivan-mukta - liberated while yet alive, by listening to the Sabd. Living a truthful way of life, one finds true peace. ||7|| The Giver of peace is the Eradicator of pain. I cannot conceive of serving any other. I place my body, mind and wealth in offering before God. Says Nanak, I have tasted the supreme, sublime Essence of the Lord. ||8||2|| -----Guru Nanak, Raag Parbhatee, AGGS, Page, 1343-4 & 5

ਰੋਗਰਹਿਤਮੇਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਜੋਗੀ
Full Sabd

ਹਉਮੈ ਰੋਗੁ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਕਉ ਦੀਨਾ ਕਾਮ ਰੋਗਿ ਮੈਗਲੁ ਬਸਿ ਲੀਨਾ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਰੋਗਿ ਪਚਿ ਮੁਏ ਪਤੰਗਾ ਨਾਦ ਰੋਗਿ ਖਪਿ ਗਏ ਕੁਰੰਗਾ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਦੀਸੈ ਸੋ ਸੋ ਰੋਗੀ ਰੋਗ ਰਹਿਤ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਜੋਗੀਰਹਾਉ ਜਿਹਵਾ ਰੋਗਿ ਮੀਨੁ ਗ੍ਰਸਿਆਨੋ ਜਿਹਵਾ ਰੋਗਿ ਮੀਨੁ ਗ੍ਰਸਿਆਨੋ ਬਾਸਨ ਰੋਗਿ ਭਵਰੁ ਬਿਨਸਾਨੋ ਹੇਤ ਰੋਗ ਕਾ ਸਗਲ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ ਤ੍ਰਿਬਿਧਿ ਰੋਗ ਮਹਿ ਬਧੇ ਬਿਕਾਰਾ ਰੋਗੇ ਮਰਤਾ ਰੋਗੇ ਜਨਮੈ ਰੋਗੇ ਫਿਰਿ ਫਿਰਿ ਜੋਨੀ ਭਰਮੈ ਰੋਗ ਬੰਧ ਰਹਨੁ ਰਤੀ ਨ ਪਾਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਰੋਗੁ ਕਤਹਿ ਨ ਜਾਵੈ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮਿ ਜਿਸੁ ਕੀਨੀ ਦਇਆ ਬਾਹ ਪਕੜਿ ਰੋਗਹੁ ਕਢਿ ਲਇਆ ਤੂਟੇ ਬੰਧਨ ਸਾਧਸੰਗੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਿ ਰੋਗੁ ਮਿਟਾਇਆ ੨੦
Ha▫umai rog mānuk ka▫o īnā. Kām rog maigal bas līnā.arisat rog pac mu▫e paangā. Nā rog kap ga▫e kurangā. ||1|| Jo jo īsai so so rogī. Rog rahi merā sagur jogī. ||1|| rahā▫o. Jihvā rog mīn garsi▫āno. Bāsan rog bavar binsāno. He rog kā sagal sansārā. Ŧaribaḏẖ rog mėh baḏẖe bikārā. ||2|| Roge marā roge janmai. Roge fir fir jonī barmai. Rog banḏẖ rahan raī na pāvai. Bin sagur rog kaėh na jāvai. ||3|| Pārbarahm jis kīnī a▫i▫ā Bāh paka rogahu kad la▫i▫ā. Ŧūte banḏẖan sāḏẖsang pā▫i▫ā. Kaho Nānak gur rog mitā▫i▫ā. ||4||7||20||

Mankind is afflicted with the disease of egotism. The disease of sexual desire overwhelms the elephant. Because of the disease of vision, the moth is burnt to death. Because of the disease of the sound of the bell, the deer is lured to its death. ||1|| whoever I see is diseased. Only my True Guru, the True Yogi, is free of disease. ||1||Pause|| Because of the disease of taste, the fish is caught. Because of the disease of smell, the bumble bee is destroyed. The whole world is caught in the disease of attachment. In the disease of the three qualities, corruption is multiplied. ||2|| In disease the mortals die, and in disease they are born. In disease they wander in reincarnation again and again. Entangled in disease, they cannot stay still, even for an instant. Without the True Guru, the disease is never cured. ||3|| When the Supreme Akal Purkh grants Its Mercy, grabs hold of the mortal's arm, and pulls him up and out of the disease. Reaching the Company of the Holy, the mortal's bonds are broken and the Guru cures him of the disease, says Nanak ||4||7||20|| -----Guru Arjan, Raag Bhairo, AGGS, Page, 1140-17

ਰਹਿਤਬਿਕਾਰ ਅਲਪ ਮਾਇਆ ਤੇ ਅਹੰਬੁਧਿ ਬਿਖੁਤਿਆਗੀ

Full Sabd

ਜਾ ਕੀ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗੀ ਸਜਨੁ ਸੁਰਿਦਾ ਸੁਹੇਲਾ ਸਹਜੇ ਸੋ ਕਹੀਐ ਬਡਭਾਗੀ ਰਹਿਤਬਿਕਾਰ ਅਲਪ ਮਾਇਆ ਤੇ ਅਹੰਬੁਧਿ ਬਿਖੁਤਿਆਗੀ ਦਰਸ ਪਿਆਸ ਆਸ ਏਕਹਿ ਕੀ ਟੇਕ ਹੀਐਂ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਪਾਗੀ ਅਚਿੰਤ ਸੋਇ ਜਾਗਨੁ ਉਠਿ ਬੈਸਨੁ ਅਚਿੰਤ ਹਸਤ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਨਿ ਜਗਤੁ ਠਗਾਨਾ ਸੁ ਮਾਇਆ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਠਾਗੀ ੪੪੬੭

Jā kī rām nām liv lāgī. Sajan suriā suhėlā sehjė so kahī­ai badbāgī. Rahi bikār alap mā­i­ā ė ahaʼn­buḏẖ biki­āgī.

One who is lovingly absorbed in the Name of Akal Purkh is a good-hearted friend, intuitively embellished with happiness. He is said to be blessed and fortunate, who is without sin or corruption, is detached from Maya, and has renounced the poison of egotistical intellect. -----Guru Arjan, Raag Sarang, AGGS, Page, 1217-10

Guru Arjan also ponders on the way of life similarly in the following references:

Guru Arjan, Raag Gauri Sukhmani, AGGS, Page, 283-14

Guru Arjan, Siri Raag, AGGS, Page 71-7

Guru Arjan, Siri Raag, AGGS, Page, 51-12&13

Cordially,

Virinder S. Grewal

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Since the official language of the forum is English. People who are Punjabi only speakers most likely do not frequent an English-language forum. They go to Punjabi language forums. So it would be most kind and an act of true seva for someone to give an English synopsis of the comments made in the YouTube video.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Narayanjot Kaur Ji,
My sincere apologies for not adding comments earlier as the utmost important thing I had in mind during the time I posted this video was making copies (burning CDs) for free distribution esp on "Taksal on Dasam Granth". I find the explanation in the 4 parts in Youtube to be a sincere effort in bringing forth the most logical explanation for Charitropakhians which I myself endorse to be reasonably explained.

With regards to the above video on Maryada, the commentator talks about how Maryada has been changed by SGPC without having any basis of agreement to do so in previous meetings of Jathedars of the various sects held since 1933 onwards. A description of the minutes of various meetings on Maryada were highlighted by the commentator. He said that the last two meetings up till 1945 were heated arguments and no conclusive decision was made on the proposed changes put forward. So how could SGPC hold a meeting after 1945 and made the amendments. On what basis did they make the changes.

The commentator says that the original Maryada is still being followed by Taksal and Late Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawala.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: