• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Amitabh And Abhishek Bachchan Are 18th And 19th Of Guru Nanak Dev JI

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
(Sorry for the error in heading - it should read as ---- Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan are 18th and 19th generation of Guru Nanak Dev JI ??? )

Hi guys please please comment this:::=>

The news of Mrs. Teji Bachchan's demise on December 21, 2007 has been widely covered in Indian media. That the eldest Mrs. Bachchan, wife of Allahabad's Harivansh Rai Bachchan, was a Sikh woman born Teji Suri in 1914 and from Lyallpur (Faisalabad), Pakistan is known.
However there maybe more to the Sikh connection in the Bachchan family than that. In a potential revelation putting Abhishek Bachchan as a blood descendant of Sikh precursor Guru Nanak Dev, an unconfirmed report has been brought to note that the 93 year old Teji Bachchan was the great grand daughter of renowned 19th century marksman and aristocrat turned founder of the Sikh Sabha, Khem Singh Bedi (b1832 - 1905).
Khem Singh Bedi however was the 14th descendant of son of Guru Nanak Dev, Lakshmi Das. Guru Nanak had one other son named Sri Chand.
This would imply that in part Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan, tracing 18th and 19th generation respectively, are among the few surviving descendants of the Sikh prophet himself.
Guru Nanak himself was born into a Hindu family in 1469 before going on to introduce the values of Sikhism.

(Teji Bachchan & Guru Nanak: The unknown part of Bachchans' Sikh ancestry)

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
I am sure there are plenty of bedi's who beleive that they are descendents of guru nanak.Even if they are then what's so special in it.lineage of guru nanak dev ji or any other guru is no special for sikhs.

Yes i am completly agree!

but its just human curiosity to know the unknown facts and a little funny ( in negative sense ) to see that the decedents of our great Guru ji are now in bollywood indulged in braminwad stuff. It is a little shaky for me.

bhul chuk maf
stupidjassi

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Yes i am completly agree!

but its just human curiosity to know the unknown facts and a little funny ( in negative sense ) to see that the decedents of our great Guru ji are now in bollywood indulged in braminwad stuff. It is a little shaky for me.

bhul chuk maf
stupidjassi

Let me tell you something more shocking some descendents of guru nanak dev ji openly called punjabi's to kill their infant daughters.

Anju

SPNer
Jun 5, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Let me tell you something more shocking some descendents of guru nanak dev ji openly called punjabi's to kill their infant daughters.

I will agree that killing of female children happen in Panjab, But it happens elsewhere as well in other communites. (Not just in India) And the action is equally horrific - who cares what linage one has. We are all of the same blood, the same lord gives to us as needed. - (Meant in the sense we are all human - and the same creator.)

But to return to the original topic -
I think most people are curious about and find interest in wh is linked to who. Especially when it comes to Celebs.

onewithinall

SPNer
Mar 6, 2009
it's this curiousity with munade interests of todays society that keeps us from asking relevant questions....... lest we forget that the second Guru was a devotee, not guru Nanak's offspring,....it would seem lineage wasn't as improtant to Guru Nanak, as it to us.

Mar 26, 2006
The next forth coming descendent of Guru Nanak dev ji Maharaj Pehli Paadshaahi is none other than the most charming ...POOJA BEDI

Pooja Bedi says :

Though Pooja is widely known as a Sikh girl as the daughter of actor Kabir Bedi, her grandmother was a Christian who took to Buddhism, her mother Protima Bedi was a Hindu, while she was married to a Muslim.

However, the initial influence in her life was her grandfather Baba Phyare Lal Bedi, father of Kabir Bedi.

“My grandfather was a direct descendent of Guru Nanak, which my father also carried forth,” said Pooja.

Baba Phyare Lal was a philosopher and an author who married a British woman, Frida Houlston, …

I?m a mixture of all religions: Pooja Bedi - Kabir Bedi - Zimbio

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
In the History, Guru Angad, Guru Amar Das, Guru Ram Das, Guru Arjan, Guru Hargobind, Guru Har Rai, Guru Harkrishan, Guru Teg Bahadur and Guru Gobind Singh were known as descendents of Guru Nanak, some of them even did not belong to Bedi clan. You are descendent of Guru Nanak if you follow him very sincerely; clan-pride was made insignificant by Guru himself

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
The next forth coming descendent of Guru Nanak dev ji Maharaj Pehli Paadshaahi is none other than the most charming ...POOJA BEDI

Pooja Bedi says :

Though Pooja is widely known as a Sikh girl as the daughter of actor Kabir Bedi, her grandmother was a Christian who took to Buddhism, her mother Protima Bedi was a Hindu, while she was married to a Muslim.

However, the initial influence in her life was her grandfather Baba Phyare Lal Bedi, father of Kabir Bedi.

“My grandfather was a direct descendent of Guru Nanak, which my father also carried forth,” said Pooja.

Baba Phyare Lal was a philosopher and an author who married a British woman, Frida Houlston, …

I?m a mixture of all religions: Pooja Bedi - Kabir Bedi - Zimbio

rajkhalsa ji

I am completely lost -- is she a Kaur? Or is the point that she is every possible thing? Let me know. :confused:

Granthi at a gurdwara near me says I am a Kaur, which suits me fine. But truly I am not sure because I am not amritdhari. So that is why I am enjoying this thread on a personal plane.

Mar 26, 2006
She herself should reveal who she is ..its difficult...to recognize her ..well she is fond of {censored}tails and would want to be one..and there she is ..being a kaur for her perhaps could be degrading...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Degrading!!!

That I don't understand either. But maybe in truth she is not a Kaur in terms of how she sees her own identity. That of course is her business.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
There are Sodhi, Bedi and Bhalla Families in Ferozepore, Punjab,my hometown. The Sodhis call themselves Gurus. Infacts their names start with Guru so and so. The town where most of them have land is called Guru Harsahai. Bhallas claim that they are the direct descendants from Ram Chander ji. A writer named Dr. Diwaan Singh Bhalla was writing a book about this fiction before he passed away.

Both Sodhis and Bedis claim to have Pothis from the Gurus which they keep under the wraps and invite the ignorants to matha tek for a price. This is the way they rake money from those who have no idea what Sikhi is all about.One of them was my classmate and is a known politician in the congress party.

The main point to be made here is that our indian culture is full of heirachy. Taya is more important than Chacha. Bhuas, Massis, Mamas deives, jeths etc..etc.. all have their important hierarchical roles in Indian culture.

As Pk70 ji said so eloquently and it needs mentioning again that Guru Nanak eliminated all heirachy in Sikhi
- What a vision of equality!-

Thanks to Guru Nanak, he put a stop to the tribal heirachy in Sikhi although we manmukhs do not get it. In order to eliminate this patriarchal system, Guru Nanak chose Guru Angad as the second Guru not his son. Same way Guru Ram Das chose Guru Arjan as the 5th Guru rather than Prithvi Chand the eldest son.

What age was Guru Gobind Singh Ji when he told his Dad- Guru Tegh Bahadur ji- to sacrifice his life for the sake of justice?

How old were the four sahibzadas when they faced odds that none of us adults (aged) are capable of facing and gave their lives?

It pains me to see the way we Sikhs demand heirachy from our younger ones. The best example is that we Sikhs demand Matha Tek from our daughter in law and feel insulted if our own daughter wants to do the same to us. What double standards!!

The above is just one blatant practice amongst many we perform and also demand.

Unfortunately age becomes the heirachy ladder in our 'hinduised Sikh' society. We demand respect from our youngsters no matter how rudely we adults may behave towards them. It is sad to see how we judge our youngsters and treat them as 'nothings' when probed with an interesting or shall I say daring queries.

The practices by our Gurus show us that one is not born a Sikh but becomes one. Hence bloodlines are only the part of nature whereas Sikhi is pure nurturing after Nature has nurtured us in the mother's womb for 9 months.

Tejwant Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
In the History, Guru Angad, Guru Amar Das, Guru Ram Das, Guru Arjan, Guru Hargobind, Guru Har Rai, Guru Harkrishan, Guru Teg Bahadur and Guru Gobind Singh were known as descendents of Guru Nanak, some of them even did not belong to Bedi clan. You are descendent of Guru Nanak if you follow him very sincerely; clan-pride was made insignificant by Guru himself

aptly put pk70 Ji.

The very fact that Guru Nanak Ji, Guru Angad Ji and Guru Amardass Ji..ALL REJECTED their own Flesh and Blood - SONS as UNFIT for the Gurgadee speaks volumes about what "value" Guru Ji placed on such "relations/relatives/descendants/Family ties....etc etc....absolute ZERO.
Bhai Lehna Ji so faithfully and earnestly followed the TEACHINGS of Guru nanak ji to the "letter" that He became the "ANGAD"....LIMB of Guru nanak ji and ascended to the Gurgadee. Same thing happeend with Bhai Amardass Ji..who became GURU AMARDASS Ji and at an age that most of us becoem SENILE and our brains refuse to function....Guru Amardass Ji wrote the Most Beautiful Gurbani aptly named ANAND SAHIB..Absolute BLISS...Celestial BLISS...a Shahkaar equally as inspiring as the JAPJI of Guru nanak ji Sahib. This is from a person who didnt write any thing before that !!! Proof that GURBANI is directly from AKAL PURAKH..when the time is RIGHT..it flows in an uninterrupted stream of Bliss.....

It is indeed TRUE that from Guru Ramdass Jo onwards...the Gurgadee was passed on to BLOOD RELATIVES...but then that is also based on the BEST CANDIDATE....elder son can be passed over...grandson can be chosen....8 year old child can be chosen..and then the Gurgadee can take a few steps back in time.....and...Grandfather can be chosen..and finally a 11 year old Gobind Rai...and the Four Sahibzadahs by their supreme sacrifice proved their METTLE. So simply being a "blood relative" is also NOT soemthing to be "rejected"....the CHOICE of the NINE GURUS shows a Diversity of talent...ability...and Gurta Qualities....no "automatic" candidiates.

NOW...the very same principles apply....as you have so aptly explained..a SIKH is one who follows the Teachings of the GURU - SGGS to the letter....He/She is entitled to be called DESCENDANT of the GURU. Blood relations are aplenty..but they hold ZERO value now as before and will in the future..unless they show thier mettle and follow the SGGS.
This Khem Sin gh Bedi was the same one who insisted on having a special Gaddah/Sirhanna ( pillow and special mat) placed in the Gurus Darbar in the presence of the SGGS....which is clearly against the Maryada and was protested by the Singh Sabha. This was then inserted into the Sikh Rehat maryada of the SGPC.:thumbup:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
slightly off topic..but what the heck....here are soem quotes on "lineage" from the SGGS...
Food for Thought ??

bysuAw kY Gir bytw jnimAw ipqw qwih ikAw nwmu sdeIAw ]6] (837-3, iblwvlu, mÚ 4)
When a son is born in the house of a prostitute, who can tell the name of his father? ||6||[/FONT]

ijau bysuAw pUq bwpu ko khIAY iqau Pokt kwr ivkwrw hy ]5] (1029-5, mwrU, mÚ 1)
Just as no one knows who is the father of the prostitute's son, such are the worthless, useless deeds that are done. ||5||[/FONT]
ibKu mwieAw kwrix Brmdy iPir Gir Gir piq gvwie ] (1415-11, slok vwrW qy vDIk, mÚ 3)
For the sake of the poison of Maya, they wander from house to house, and lose their honor.[/FONT]
bysuAw kyry pUq ijau ipqw nwmu iqsu jwie ] (1415-12, slok vwrW qy vDIk, mÚ 3)
They are like the son of a prostitute, who does not know the name of his father.[/FONT]

ivic haumY krm kmwvdy ijau vysuAw puqu innwau ] (82-1, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Those who do their deeds in ego are like the prostitute's son, who has no name.[/FONT]
swkq bysuAw pUq innwm ]3] (239-4, gauVI, mÚ 5)
The faithless cynic is nameless, like the prostitute's son. ||3||[/FONT]
ijau bysuAw ky Gir pUqu jmqu hY iqsu nwmu pirE hY DRktI ]1] rhwau ] (528-8, dyvgMDwrI mÚ 4)
Like the son, born into the house of a prostitute, his name is cursed. ||1||Pause||[/FONT]

corw jwrw rMfIAw kutxIAw dIbwxu ] vydInw kI dosqI vydInw kw Kwxu ] (790-1, sUhI, mÚ 1)
Thieves, adulterers, prostitutes and pimps, make friendships with the unrighteous, and eat with the unrighteous.[/FONT]
:shy::work:
[/FONT]

prabhsmart

SPNer
Jan 22, 2009
Mumbai
What foolish thing is this. These jurks as Guru's decendents.
Amitabh B was involved in antisikh riots in Allahabad in 1984, he even came on Tv declaring sikh as terrorist and killer of Indria nad asked every true hindu to go and burn sikh's alive.

Don't be a part of such things, the new report and everything is a part of cover up as some eye witness have filed a case against him for being a part of anti sikh riots.

There is no forgiveness for this jurk.
If possible i would rather like to offer his head to Guruji.

May 24, 2008
What foolish thing is this. These jurks as Guru's decendents.
Amitabh B was involved in antisikh riots in Allahabad in 1984, he even came on Tv declaring sikh as terrorist and killer of Indria nad asked every true hindu to go and burn sikh's alive.

Don't be a part of such things, the new report and everything is a part of cover up as some eye witness have filed a case against him for being a part of anti sikh riots.

There is no forgiveness for this jurk.
If possible i would rather like to offer his head to Guruji.
Amitabh Bachan is a big mass murderer nothing more nothing less . well said Prabh Smart Ji

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM