• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General All Religions Are Doomed To Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
many lessons

here is one:

Truthful living and truthful thought,
Will only steady you on your path
It's Akal's grace that sets you upon it
tread ever, for your next breath maybe last

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks Huck Finn ji

I have a question about two remarks you made a few posts earlier. Here they are...

discussions done with blinkers on do not yield insights.

and lastly, i did not mean to hurt someone, asking questions might hurt a bit now, but i hope it helps in the long run.

These seem a bit arrogant to me. Almost as if you had to open the eyes of the blind and tell the truth even if it hurts to prevent various discussants in the thread from perishing in their blindness and fallacies of thinking. Was that your meaning?

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
narayanjot ji

first line was a very contextual remark.
it was not meant for blindness but to point out that sometimes it is important to look at the underlying questions.
I did not mean that people have blinkers on :)

second one was in response you your line which said that my questions were hurtful to people who were strict adherents of Sikhism.
what i meant was that it's personal choice to follow any -ism. However, at expense of seeming rude, i was ready to ask some questions, which in purely my opinion, are important.

the original lines i refered to are here

<I do not understand why you want to derail the conversation away from the original purpose of the thread into a discussion of whether is makes sense to be a member of any religion at all. It is hurtful actually. It mocks the choice of anyone who is willing to stand up as an adherent of Sikhism.>

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
And this is real, very real,

I do not understand why you want to derail the conversation away from the original purpose of the thread into a discussion of whether is makes sense to be a member of any religion at all. It is hurtful actually. It mocks the choice of anyone who is willing to stand up as an adherent of Sikhism.

When an individual or group of individuals wish to discuss their faith and how to practice that faith, then a digression into the limitations of "faith" or "religion" in general is very hurtful and is perceived as mocking the serious feelings they have about faith and practice.

And the place to discuss whether religion is good or bad or indifferent is in a different thread.

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
i have no qualms about leaving people to discuss the practice.

Sometimes similar minded people having discussions leads nowhere.

everyone would agree that Rehat is the final word, slap each other's back..well done, good discussion...job over.

Where is Vichaar there?

i merely raise the question, at expense of being the bogeyman, which everyone should be asking (in my humble opinion)

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
and as always

you or the thread starter can anytime delete my posts if those are inflammatory to other members.

I wouldn't bother mods with questions, unless it was a blanket censor to a valid thought.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
i have no qualms about leaving people to discuss the practice.

Sometimes similar minded people having discussions leads nowhere.

everyone would agree that Rehat is the final word, slap each other's back..well done, good discussion...job over.

Where is Vichaar there?

i merely raise the question, at expense of being the bogeyman, which everyone should be asking (in my humble opinion)

Huck Finn ji

Some would find your words are very patronizing of our ability to think critically. Do we need to be reminded that, if we agree too often, then our discussion will lead us nowhere. Do you know know where we are supposed to end up? Do we need a bogey man to keep us from saying good job, well done, and keep all that back-slapping to a minimum? Can we be trusted to think of questions to ask on our own?

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<Some would find your words are very patronizing of our ability to think critically. Do we need to be reminded that, if we agree too often, then our discussion will lead us nowhere. Do you know know where we are supposed to end up? Do we need a bogey man to keep us from saying good job, well done, and keep all that back-slapping to a minimum? Can we be trusted to think of questions to ask on our own?>>

as i said before

if my questions insult someone's senses, please feel free to delete them.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
When birds migrate from one place to another, they may find themselves surrounded with unfamiliar grounds like different way of getting the food and different language to speak. All this adds to frustration. They might not be able to find a psychiatrist who is as hospitable towards them than the earlier one.

But the migrating bird forgets to look within itself because there is something within that never changes, it never leaves your side and it is part of you. So look within for the peace you're finding and understand that different places require different talents to get by.

My two cents.:welcome:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Huck_Finn writes:

all religions are doomed to die

true path and the markers are constant.

They will always be there for the seeker.

Until and unless he explains and elaborates with concrete examples, his "prophecies" become nothing but empty meaningless babble full of echoes, which only shows some kind of self centered attitude. Nothing more. Sad to see that.

Empty rheotoric does not do anyone any good nor does it help in any interaction.

Tejwant Singh

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<Empty rheotoric does not do anyone any good nor does it help in any interaction.>>

have you heard of a computer program called Eliza?

That gives just answers like you. picks up words from the previous line the person wrote and responds with a general comment or another question.

It might seem like a conversation, but all the person is doing is deluding himself with a proxy for real intelligence.

ELIZA

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
<<Empty rheotoric does not do anyone any good nor does it help in any interaction.>>

have you heard of a computer program called Eliza?

That gives just answers like you. picks up words from the previous line the person wrote and responds with a general comment or another question.

It might seem like a conversation, but all the person is doing is deluding himself with a proxy for real intelligence.

ELIZA

Nice cop out once again. :) Some are gifted in that and you have shown and flaunt this gift quite naturally and gallantly.:)

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<Nice cop out once again. Some are gifted in that and you have shown and flaunt this gift quite naturally and gallantly.>>

O' Wise and lofty one,

please share the pearls of your wisdom instead of rebuking the illiterate !

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
<<Nice cop out once again. Some are gifted in that and you have shown and flaunt this gift quite naturally and gallantly.>>

O' Wise and lofty one,

please share the pearls of your wisdom instead of rebuking the illiterate !

Thanks for the compliment but I am just a Sikh, a seeker, a learner. The fact of the matter is that the following are your " Wise and lofty" Prophecies, not mine, so it is your moral duty and responsibility to explain not mine, nor anyone else's.:)

all religions are doomed to die

true path and the markers are constant.

They will always be there for the seeker.
If you do not know about them, then, be truthful and say so.:) No good beating around the bush.

Anyone can copy and paste long posts or some catchy sentences. The poster should have the courage and the grit to explain when asked.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM