• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Akal Takht Diktat Against Same-sex Marriages

TeraRoop11

SPNer
Jan 8, 2005
WJKK, WJKF!

sry ji, that i contradict you, but Guru Ji is not the supreme authority in Sikhism. Waheguru Ji is. do u mind i ask, ji, ki which individual has hated in such a way that they have mocked the equality that our religion stands for? i may have a few words with them as well, ji.

Regards to ALL . . . . . . . . . .

Jul 13, 2004
UK
Faujan said:
sry ji, that i contradict you, but Guru Ji is not the supreme authority in Sikhism. Waheguru Ji is. do u mind i ask, ji, ki which individual has hated in such a way that they have mocked the equality that our religion stands for? i may have a few words with them as well, ji.
No no, I mean that after WAHEGURU Guruji is supreme authority from which Sikhs should derive all answers to life's questions...

Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti is the one with the hate... He is the one that says such ideas come from sick minds... I must say his choice of wording was very unSikh.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Guru ji in His 250 Years on Earth freed us from the BONDAGE of the Brahmin, the Priest, the Holy man, the Holy Cow, the Holy Superstition, the Holy Ash, the Holy Pilgrim, the Holy Pilgrimage, the Holy diet, the Holy Cloth....etc etc etc..
GURU JI created the PERFECT MAN, the COMPLEAT MAN and Gave Our DESTINY firmly in our own TWO HANDS...with just three injunctions...Naam japna, KIRT karnee, and Waand Chhkana..no other HOCUS POCUS...NO INTERMEDIARIES between SIKH and GURU..DIRECT CONTACT.

The moment GURU JI left this earth in 1708... we began the slide into the same pit that Guru Ji pulled us out of. Now we REAP what we have Sowed... we allowed these PRIESTS, the Holy Brahmins, the Holy cloths, the holy ashes, the holy golden domes, golden palkis, the holy sants babas maharjs satgurus....the Holy Jathedars to take charge of our lives...and DICTATE to US (what GURU JI says to us...) WHY have we Forsaken the GURU JI ( and NEGLECTED to STUDY GURBANI, read the Paath for ourselves..as GURU JI instructed, why havent we learnt the ARDASS ourselves as GURU JI instructed.....so much so that we RUSH AFTER these so called Priests, Kirtaniyas, the Holy men in cholas and round turbans...to do our adrass, paath, kirtan ??? FOR US. Are we then surprised that they want to CONTROL our LIVES...put our necks on the chopping block as we BOW before them in IGNORANCE ??

Tell me whose fault is this ?? Is it GURU JI's fault ?? GURU JI is there AVAILABLE 24/7/365 days for us to READ, VICHAAR, LOVE and FOLLOW and solve our problems....but we prefert to push for the kirtaniya, the bhai ji, the gyani ji, the jathedar ji..because we are too LAZY.

No offense meant..just the stark reality staring us in the face. IF we dont take stock and Run after GURU JI..these Jathedars are going to tear us alive and roast us for breakfast...real soon.

Jarnail Singh

:u):

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Brother Caramel

I dont think you should mind these sayings of vedanti and a syou know he is no aouthority on sikh sangat but the sad side of thing is that position vedanti is holding was really to help sikh sangat meaning ful and wel worked out concensus on various problem they face . i dont know what other sikh think of it but I really believe that Guruship was transfered by Pur Tenths Master Guru Gobind Singh ji to Guru Granth Sahib which is infact treasure of teachings and as such lifeless unless some body read and assimilate in his pwn life and that is how khalsa is born in each and every human who seeks guidance from Guru Granth Sahib and this clearly means that I we sikhs ( whoso ever it be) follows the teaching of guru and become pure ( khalsa) we become living representation of our guruji and we can take our decision ourself instead of waiting for some authority to tell us what is write and what is wrong .

As for the case of homosexuality i am really shocked who vedanti just passed on his dissicion just like some ruling king without giving any details whom he consulted how hw interpreted Our Guruji teaching to be against it . What I know from my experience is that people hardly know in india what homosexuality is they just afraisd of it like a many other taboo and it seems unfair pass on decision on something of ehich you know little . but any ways what I could say is In sikhism if you do NAAM JAPNA ,KIRT KARNA, WAND CHAKNA without hurting any body in phsysical and in feelings you are deserving candidate for Waheguru grace , so dont be bothered I am sure If you are true in your devotion Waheguru will show you the way which I myself cant comment

Jatinder Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM