• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Akal Takhat Says No To Kirtan Sewa By Women At Darbar Sahib

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
The most disgusting and absurd argument one could ever hear... :}--}: Are Sikhs still living in a primitive stage... and we claim Sikhism to be the most advanced and modern religion... :rofl!!:Since when did Sikhism promoted hatred against women... who wrote this edict and who implemented this edict... is this hatred inscribed in any rehatnama or something?? A matter of Great Shame for Sikh Community... :down:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Aman ji

Speaking as a woman I thank you. But at the same time I try to understand that culture not religion is speaking on the question of kirtan seva in the Harimandir. So from one side we need to push a different view of women, but on the other hand sometimes it is important to understand that the hierarchy is trapped in its own version of Maya and it will take them a while longer to shift and see things clearly.

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Dear Narayanjot Ji,

Guru Nanak in Raag Sorath clearly depicts his philosophy in simple words;

ਬਾਬਾ ਮਾਇਆ ਸਾਥਿ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥ਇਨਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਜਗੁ ਮੋਹਿਆ ਵਿਰਲਾ ਬੂਝੈ ਕੋਇ ॥

ਮਨੁ ਹਾਲੀ ਕਿਰਸਾਣੀ ਕਰਣੀ ਸਰਮੁ ਪਾਣੀ ਤਨੁ ਖੇਤੁ ॥ਨਾਮੁ ਬੀਜੁ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਸੁਹਾਗਾ ਰਖੁ ਗਰੀਬੀ ਵੇਸੁ ॥ਭਾਉ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਿ ਜੰਮਸੀ ਸੇ ਘਰ ਭਾਗਠ ਦੇਖੁ ॥ਬਾਬਾ ਮਾਇਆ ਸਾਥਿ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥ਇਨਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਜਗੁ ਮੋਹਿਆ ਵਿਰਲਾ ਬੂਝੈ ਕੋਇ ॥ ਹਾਣੁ ਹਟੁ ਕਰਿ ਆਰਜਾ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਿ ਵਥੁ ॥ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸੋਚ ਕਰਿ ਭਾਂਡਸਾਲ ਤਿਸੁ ਵਿਚਿ ਤਿਸ ਨੋ ਰਖੁ ॥ਵਣਜਾਰਿਆ ਸਿਉ ਵਣਜੁ ਕਰਿ ਲੈ ਲਾਹਾ ਮਨ ਹਸੁ ॥ਸੁਣਿ ਸਾਸਤ ਸਉਦਾਗਰੀ ਸਤੁ ਘੋੜੇ ਲੈ ਚਲੁ ॥ਖਰਚੁ ਬੰਨੁ ਚੰਗਿਆਈਆ ਮਤੁ ਮਨ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਕਲੁ ॥ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਕੈ ਦੇਸਿ ਜਾਹਿ ਤਾ ਸੁਖਿ ਲਹਹਿ ਮਹਲੁ ॥ਲਾਇ ਚਿਤੁ ਕਰਿ ਚਾਕਰੀ ਮੰਨਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਿ ਕੰਮੁ ॥ਬੰਨੁ ਬਦੀਆ ਕਰਿ ਧਾਵਣੀ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਆਖੈ ਧੰਨੁ ॥ਨਾਨਕ ਵੇਖੈ ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਚੜੈ ਚਵਗਣ ਵੰਨੁ ॥

Man hālī kirsāṇī karṇī saram pāṇī ṯan kẖėṯ.Nām bīj sanṯokẖ suhāgā rakẖ garībī vės.Bẖā¬o karam kar jammsī sė gẖar bẖāgaṯẖ ḏėkẖ. Bābā mā¬i¬ā sāth na ho¬ė.In mā¬i¬ā jag mohi¬ā virlā būjẖai ko¬ė. Rahā¬o.Hāṇ hat kar ārjā sacẖ nām kar vath.Suraṯ socẖ kar bẖāʼndsāl ṯis vicẖ ṯis no rakẖ.vaṇjāri¬ā si¬o vaṇaj kar lai lāhā man has. Suṇ sāsaṯ sa¬uḏāgrī saṯ gẖoṛė lai cẖal.Kẖaracẖ bann cẖang¬ā¬ī¬ā maṯ man jāṇeh kal.Nirankār kai ḏės jāhi ṯā sukẖ laheh mahal. Lā¬ė cẖiṯ kar cẖākrī man nām kar kamm.Bann baḏī¬ā kar ḏẖāvṇī ṯā ko ākẖai ḏẖan.Nānak vėkẖai naḏar kar cẖaṛai cẖavgaṇ vann.

Make your mind the farmer, good deeds the farm, modesty the water, and your body the field. Let the Akal Purkh's Name be the seed, contentment the plow, and your humble dress the fence. Doing deeds of love, the seed shall sprout, and you shall see your home flourish. O Baba, the wealth of Maya does not go with anyone. This Maya has bewitched the world, but only a rare few understand this. Make your ever-decreasing life your shop, and make the Akal Purkh's Name your merchandise. Make understanding and contemplation your warehouse, and in that warehouse, store the It's Name. Deal with the It's dealers, earn your profits, and rejoice in your mind. Let your trade be listening to scripture, and let Truth be the horses you take to sell. Gather up merits for your traveling expenses, and do not think of tomorrow in your mind. When you arrive in the land of the Formless Akal Purkh, you shall find peace in the Mansion of Its Presence. Let your service be the focusing of your consciousness, and let your occupation be the placing of faith in the Naam. Let your work be restraint from sin; only then will people call you blessed. O Nanak, the Akal Purkh shall look upon you with Its Glance of Grace, and you shall be blessed with honor four times over.-----Guru Nanak, Raag Sorath, AGGS, Page, 596

Cordially,

Virinder

Dec 1, 2006
Yes, Gurmat teaches equality. However, those who are controlling Darbar Sahib and Akaal Takht aren't followers of Gurmat. They are followers of orders of Badal. Badal follows orders of RSS and BJP. BJP and RSS aren't Sikhs. Just today, Head Granth Jagtar Singh didn't even follow proper procedure to take Hukamnama. He took hukamnama from Anand Sahib but only read 4 pauris. What kind of Hukamnama is that?

Dec 1, 2006
What to do is to educate the common Sikhs and awaken them. People have no clue about Gurbani. People are too busy making dough to learn Gurmat.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Ordinary sikhs are busy earning dough..so they can have enough to feed the vehlarr saadhs. brahmgyanis, sants,derawallahs....Sikhs feed the stomach...and not the Mann..so it grows weaker day by day...while the vehlarr tola gets bigger and bigger as free food 36 padarath are available all over the globe...air tickets are paid for..show me one sant who stays at the Gurdwara Rooms (sarais) during kiratn parchaar tours ?? and i will show you a good sant..

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
I think that power corrupts, that all humans have the capacity to be shallow and protective of their power and that all religion includeing our own are subject to the frialites of human behavoiur.

I think we should be saddend and ashamed, I think that perhaps the people that make these chioces shold be made to feel even more ashamed, ahhhh but how to do that when we belive that where 5 Gurshiks are then Guru ji is also?

The answer seems obvious to me, and again it rather saddens me to report that I have never seen 5 Gursikhs, let alone in the same room.

Where is our sadh sanagat?

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Dear Lee ji,

You say:

How do you define a Gursikh?

Chardi Kala! :ice:

Mai Harinder Kaur ji,

A Gursikh is a true Sikh of Guru ji, one who unquestionly follows Guru Granth Sahib, and takes note of what all of our Guru's have said. I am not one, heh indeed perhaps you can tell by the tone of my last post I feel anger, I am imersered in maya as are we all. I have personaly met perhaps one, or maybe two such Gursikhs in my life, and my life has become richer for it.

Would I call call those who sit at the top of our religious institution Gursikh? How can I when stuff like this happens, ahhh yes I feel anger about it, but at the same time I feel that this must be Gods will.

Never-the-less I am as God has made me, I know not Gods porpuse in makeing me so, perhaps one day I shall, perhaps I shall never.

I can say though that as I type this, I can feel that anger disipate, what a wounderouse master we have huh!

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
OFF TRACK...women have always had a higher IQ....and so may be BETTER KIRTANIYAS than Men any day....heres the proof:

These three scientists decided to go fishing one day. So they
packed up all of their gear and headed down to the lake.

They were having terrible luck, they weren't catching a thing.
But all the sudden, one of the scientists feels a pull at his
line. He shouts out, "I got something, I got something!"

So he reels his catch in and much to his surprise, it's a
Mermaid. She tells the scientists, "If you let me go, I will
grant you each one wish." Well they think that's a pretty good
deal, so they agree.

The first scientist, the one who caught the Mermaid, tells her,
"I want you to double my IQ." The Mermaid says, no problem.
Snaps her fingers, and suddenly he's solving all of these
problems they had been working on for months.

So the next scientist thinks that's pretty neat, so he tells
the Mermaid, "I want you to tripple my IQ." So the Mermaid
says, "No problem." snaps her fingers once again, and now this
scientist is finding cures for AIDS and Cancer.

So the last scientist is really excited about all of this. He
tells the Mermaid, "I want you to quadruple my IQ."

The Mermaid looks at him and says, "Are you sure about this?
I'm not so sure you want to do that." But the scientist is
stubborn and tells her, "You granted the other guys wishes, now
grant mine or we're not letting you go."

So the Mermaid sighs and says, "Whatever you want." She snaps
her fingers and the scientist turned into a woman.
:D:D:D:D:D

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Dear Giani Ji,

On the other side when God made Adam & Eve, he comes after few years and asks Adam how it is going?

Adam said Great God but I have few questions.

God said, OK, shoot!

Adam said why did you made Eve so beautiful?

God replied, so you can love her.

Adam said, why you made her so caring, warm, and good?

God replied, so you can love her.

Adam asked the last question, why you made her so stupid?

God laughed and said, so that she can love you.

Have a good day.

Cordially,

Virinder

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Heh heh. Of course we all like to laugh at jokes, and I am of the opinion that comedy may well be the very last bastion of free speach. That is to say that you should be free to make a joke about anything, yes even if some find it offensive. Why do I say this?

Well I have already made public my ideas about offense and the power that it can have if you let it. Further to that I would add that homour can and does bring leveity to tense situations.

Case in point, and I know that some here will disgaree. Sadar ji jokes! Well perhaps that is a wholely differant debate and so I'll leave that one for now, if you please.

Getting back to seriousness though. It is still a man's world, and a great pity it is so, but the fight is well on it's way. Carry on the fight my sisters and see how many brothers line up besides you, I think you'll be pleasently supprised.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
None of US would dare to call our wives a "*****" ?? unless oen wnats to sleep on the sofa ?? or get thrown out of the hosue...? any one ?
But anyone and everyone can call his wife...(B)eautiful.. (I)ntelligent..(T)houghtful...(C)aring...and (H)omemaker !!! Its just how we look at..wives..women..words !!
Its OUR "LOOK"..and not the reality that colours our vision...right now the wannabes at the Takhats are having clouded vision..(serious cases of glaucoma/cataract)...no one can make them see right.:welcome:

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
Here I am taking this liberty of pasting a mail message from Sardar Gurmukh Singh Ji of UK. A very interesting information from his research work. May be, it may help us to open our eyes.

Dear Sikh scholars

Please correct me if there is any historical doubt about the following:

Bhai Ratan Singh Bhangu's SGPC publication "Sri Guru Panth Parkash" 1994 p. 290;

"Guru ka Sikh, a poor Kalal [caste], Dyal Singh [father of Jassa Singh Ahluwalia] passed away leaving behind his son and wife."

The following is about his widowed wife:

Huti Singhan ki beti soi, pita prraee acchar toi
(Daughter of a Singh (family), she was taught Gurmukhi by her father)

Gurbani tis kanth ghaneri, huti Sikhani doe pakh keri.
(She had memorised much Gurbani and was a Sikh from both side, her parents and in-laws.)

Pothi rakhat gaatray pai, Sikh sangat meh pahunchay jai.
Badi praat utth chaunki karray, samai sanjhai bhi Sodar parraeh.

(She kept a Shabad-potthi (Gutka) wearing it like a Kirpan at the end of a sash, and would join the holy congregation (sangat). She performed devotional Kirtan later in the morning and also Kirtan of "Sodar" in the evening i.e she sang Kirtan morning and evening.)

---------------------------------------------
Jaha(n) Khalsay lai divaan, jai karray Shabad chaunki gaan.
(Where the Khalsa held religious function, she sang Shabad-Kirtan.)

Sun Khalsay Amrisar aayo, tin bhi darshan Pantheh paayo.
KEETI CHAUNKI PREMEH LAI, SUNI PANTH BAHO SHAANT BARTAI.

(Hearing of the Khalsa, she came to Amritsar and had holy sight of the assembled Khalsa Panth. She sang Kirtan with deep devotion, and the Khalsa Panth heard in great meditative contentment.)

ATT PARSANN PANTH TIS PAR BHEYO........

(Khalsa Panth was extremely please with her.....[that her son became the Emperor of India on 11 March 1783 - if only for a short time !)

AND WHY IS THE PANTH NOT "ATT PARSANN" (EXTREMELY PLEASE) WITH BIBIAN DOING KIRTAN AT DARBAR SAHIB ?

I am sure someone will tell me that I have got it wrong in the translation, or Bhangu Sahib was making it up.

Gurmukh Singh (UK)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: