Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Akaal Purkh Ki Fauj international movement.

Discussion in 'Sikh Youth' started by Neutral Singh, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

I recenly has the previleage of visiting Anandpur Sahib Ji, there i noticed some neon signs about Akaal Purkh Ki Fauj international movement... i could not get more information. It would be gr8 if someone could put some light on this movement.

Regards

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Usage of the Word - Akaalpurkh in Sikhi Gurmat Vichaar Jun 28, 2009
    Does Akaal Forgive? Questions and Answers Mar 11, 2016
    Sikhi allows Worshiping of only Akaal or all the Gurus??? Questions and Answers May 1, 2015
    USA Akaal Takhat Forms Committee to Represent US Sikhs Breaking News Sep 13, 2013
    Controversial Politics and Akaal Takht Hard Talk Jan 9, 2013

3. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

This is a SGPC sponsored International Movement...initiated by the Then Acting Jathedar Akal takhat Manjit Singh (Keshgarh Jathedar)..in the late 1990's.
    This Vasakhi in Amrtisar it launched the DASTAAR YEAR 2005. This is Promoted via posters printed in INDIA through its Amrtisar Headquarters. The Dastaar Pride Year 2005 has received widepsread support and is good initiative in view of the troubles in France.

The "APKF" was initially begun as a sort of Sikh SCOUT Movement for YOUTHS...there were special uniforms, Officers,Area Commanders, Regional Commanders and Commander in Chief, International Commander In Chief...etc etc...very much like a "FAUJ" (military lines)..but this soon fizzled out ( in malaysia anyway where it is now almost defunct with NO units in any Gurdwara...no membership drive , no prgrammes ) Perhaps in the USA/Britain units may still be active.

Practically speaking Each and Every SINGH is already a member of the Akaal Purakh Ki Fauj of GURU GOBIND SINGH Ji...our children should have been "automatic" members of this organisation ???

The fauj maintains a website and runs a Gurmat Learning Zone Mailing list on Yahoo Groups..at 4300++ memebers..de facto largest mailing list in Sikh groups......both are run from MALAYSIA., by Bhai Autar Singh and Dr.Kanwar Ranbir Singh USA

Anyone wishing to learn more can join the GLZ or visit the website.

jarnail Singh

4. Sher Singh

Sher Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I have NEVER heard about htis movement. Thank You to Aman Singh who brought up this topic, and Thank You to Giani Jarnail Singh Ji who took the time to respond. Thank You both.