Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Advice to yourself?

Discussion in 'Sikh Youth' started by Navdeep88, Feb 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Navdeep88

Navdeep88 Canada
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Supporter

To all members, if you could give one piece of advice to your younger self (before you were married, before you choose your career etc., before you committed to anything), what would it be?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Advice On Situation New to Sikhism Aug 31, 2016
    Islam The Guru's Advice to Muslims Interfaith Dialogues Oct 8, 2015
    Do you believe in seeking help and advice on worldly matters from SGGS, via taking gur-vaaks ? Intellectual Articles May 19, 2015
    Marriage and Caste... Advice please Love & Marriage Mar 6, 2013
    Relationship advice Love & Marriage Sep 30, 2012

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

navdeep ji

I am really glad that you put this in terms of "advice to yourself." Giving advice to others has always back-fired for me. So though I still do it, give advice, it always makes me somewhat nervous.

My advice to my younger self. Dream bigger dreams. Don't sell yourself short. Don't give up on the possibilities of success. Take a few more risks. You are young, and have time to make mistakes. The divine is there to catch you if you fall. Believe!

Hope that is OK.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

I would advise myself to always be prepared, physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually, for whatever might happen. Remember that anything can happen to anyone at any time. And when that "anything" pleasant or unpleasant does occur, remember that it is the Hukam of Vaheguru. There is nothing to worry about.

In my affairs with others, be kind. Sure some people will mistake kindness and gentleness for weakness and take advantage. That's their problem. Looking back on my life, I most regret the times I have been unnecessarily unkind.

And to live according to one of my Dad's favourite lines, "Always look up. Sure you might stumble and fall once in a while, but how else can you see the stars?"

• Like Like x 3
  5. Navdeep88

Navdeep88 Canada
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Supporter

:wah::happy:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

:yippie:

7. Sinister

Sinister
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

advice to younger self...."do what you want to do now. For life is time and time is all there is."

• Like Like x 1