• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

About SGGS

Jassy

SPNer
Aug 25, 2004
Dreamland
SSA, ok first of all I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong section, I know how frustrating that can be.:unsure:

Right the question I have is about SGGS. I have posted this on another forum but no luck as yet. Did anyone ever notice that there are 2 Granth Sahib's Ji' at Harmandir Sahib? There is one on the 2nd level and there is one on the ground level. It's no big deal, but I was wondering if there was a symbolic difference between the two. Anyone know?

Thx in advance.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Right the question I have is about SGGS. I have posted this on another forum but no luck as yet. Did anyone ever notice that there are 2 Granth Sahib's Ji' at Harmandir Sahib? There is one on the 2nd level and there is one on the ground level. It's no big deal, but I was wondering if there was a symbolic difference between the two. Anyone know?

Thx in advance

Sat Shri Akal Jassy ji,

as from my personal experience of been to Harimandir Sahib since my childhood is that there are NOT Two But atleast 4 Parkash of Guru Granth sahib in the Main building of Harimandir Sahib

One on the ground floor as you said and that is Parkash in Main Hall where every body Do Matha Teek
Beside it there are atleast three more parkash on the secong Floor and one of them as I remeber is Bigger than Normal Size of Guru Ji parkash

And Forgive me as I couldnot undersatnd your question fully where you asked Symbolic Difference between the two ?? or Symbolic Significance

But as I told you One of the Parkash on Second Floor is Huge (almost 2 times the normal size) andas a kid I was always excited to go upstair to have a look at this Parkash of Guru ji

But If you can wait for few days then I can give you latest information as I am planning to go Amrritsar Soon !:)

Jatinder Singh

Jassy

SPNer
Aug 25, 2004
Dreamland
drkhalsa said:
Sat Shri Akal Jassy ji,

as from my personal experience of been to Harimandir Sahib since my childhood is that there are NOT Two But atleast 4 Parkash of Guru Granth sahib in the Main building of Harimandir Sahib

One on the ground floor as you said and that is Parkash in Main Hall where every body Do Matha Teek
Beside it there are atleast three more parkash on the secong Floor and one of them as I remeber is Bigger than Normal Size of Guru Ji parkash

And Forgive me as I couldnot undersatnd your question fully where you asked Symbolic Difference between the two ?? or Symbolic Significance

But as I told you One of the Parkash on Second Floor is Huge (almost 2 times the normal size) andas a kid I was always excited to go upstair to have a look at this Parkash of Guru ji

But If you can wait for few days then I can give you latest information as I am planning to go Amrritsar Soon !:)

Jatinder Singh

Sat sri akal, pheww at last someone knows what I'm talking about. I myself just got back from there, it was my first visit as I was too young to remember anything when I visitied before that.

You're right, I remembered that there is a third SGGS on the top level, hmmm but I can't remember seeing the fourth.

Well that's the question you see, I sat on the 2nd floor for a little while. I couldn't help but notice the size of the SGGS in front of me, it was/is huge in comparison to any other I've ever seen. Why is that?

And now I have another question for you, I saw the evening palki seva during my stay there as well. Are all (3/4) the SGGS's in the palki at that time?

Btw have a great trip :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM