Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Controversial Abducted Sikh returns home without converting to Islam

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by spnadmin, Apr 14, 2010.

1. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Abducted Sikh returns home without converting to Islam

ISLAMABAD: Yet another Pakistani belonging to the Sikh community, who was kidnapped by the Taliban from Peshawar, the capital of the north-west frontier province, has returned home safely, defying his captors’ demand to convert to Islam.

The 33-year-old Sikh information technology professional, Robin Singh, was kidnapped on February 11 by three armed men, when he came out of his office at University Town, Peshawar.

“I was blindfolded on Ring Road and driven for over an hour before being shifted to a basement and shackled. The cell had neither a light nor a toilet. They did not torture me, except when I was snatched,” Robin recalled.

“I don’t know who the captors were, but they had insisted I should change my religion. They criticized me for keeping long hair and beard, but I refused to convert to Islam, referring to the religion itself, which does not force anyone to change his/her religion,” claimed Robin, who was greeted by hundreds of relatives and well-wishers at the house of a cousin in Peshawar’s Gulgasht colony.

He said he was unaware why he was released without fulfilling their demands. “They told me to get prepared as they were going to shoot me. However, they later they dropped me on Ring Road in Peshawar. I am still in shock and mental stress after my captivity,” he said.

Elder brother Rajin Singh, a civil engineer, denied payment of ransom for his release. However, family sources said Rajin had received calls from the captors, who had directed him to arrange

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    #1 spnadmin, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
  2. Loading...