• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A Question To Naam Abhiyassis

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Good idea stupidjassi ji

Here is the answer for today,

Awsw ]
aasaa ||
Aasaa:

swsu kI duKI ssur kI ipAwrI jyT ky nwim frau ry ]
saas kee dhukhee sasur kee piaaree jaet(h) kae naam ddaro rae ||
I am bothered by my mother-in-law, Maya, and loved by my father-in-law, the Lord. I fear even the name of my husband’s elder brother, Death.

sKI shylI nnd ghylI dyvr kY ibrih jrau ry ]1]
sakhee sehaelee nanadh gehaelee dhaevar kai birehi jaro rae ||1||
O my mates and companions, my husband’s sister, misunderstanding has seized me, and I am burning with the pain of separation from my husband’s younger brother, divine knowledge. ||1||

myrI miq baurI mY rwmu ibswirE ikn ibiD rhin rhau ry ]
maeree math bouree mai raam bisaariou kin bidhh rehan reho rae ||
My mind has gone insane, since I forgot the Lord. How can I lead a virtuous lifestyle?

syjY rmqu nYn nhI pyKau iehu duKu kw sau khau ry ]1] rhwau ]
saejai ramath nain nehee paekho eihu dhukh kaa so keho rae ||1|| rehaao ||
He rests in the bed of my mind, but I cannot see Him with my eyes. Unto whom should I tell my sufferings? ||1||Pause||

bwpu swvkw krY lrweI mwieAw sd mqvwrI ]
baap saavakaa karai laraaee maaeiaa sadh mathavaaree ||
My step-father, egotism, fights with me, and my mother, desire, is always intoxicated.

bfy BweI kY jb sMig hoqI qb hau nwh ipAwrI ]2]
baddae bhaaee kai jab sa(n)g hothee thab ho naah piaaree ||2||
When I stayed with my elder brother, meditation, then I was loved by my Husband Lord. ||2||

khq kbIr pMc ko Jgrw Jgrq jnmu gvwieAw ]
kehath kabeer pa(n)ch ko jhagaraa jhagarath janam gavaaeiaa ||
Says Kabeer, the five passions argue with me, and in these arguments, my life is wasting away.

JUTI mwieAw sBu jgu bwiDAw mY rwm rmq suKu pwieAw ]3]3]25]
jhoot(h)ee maaeiaa sabh jag baadhhiaa mai raam ramath sukh paaeiaa ||3||3||25||
The false Maya has bound the whole world, but I have obtained peace, chanting the Name of the Lord. ||3||3||25||

Funny you have made that suggestion, because last night - this morning May 4 at Harimandir, I read the hukam and thought of this thread. Psychic connection, stupidjassji.

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
Here is from 6th May
qwpu gvwieAw guir pUry ] vwjy Anhd qUry ] srb kilAwx pRiB kIny ] kir ikrpw Awip dIny ]1]bydn siqguir Awip gvweI ] isK sMq siB srsy hoey hir hir nwim iDAweI ] rhwau ] jo mMgih so lyvih ] pRB ApixAw sMqw dyvih ] hir goivdu pRiB rwiKAw ] jn nwnk swcu suBwiKAw]2]6]70]

pUry gurU ny hir-nwm dI dvweI dy ky ijs mnu`K dy AMdroN qwp dUr kr id`qw, aus dy AMdr Awqmk AwnMd dy mwnoN iek-rs vwjy v`jx l`g pey[ pRBU ny ikrpw krky Awp hI aus swry suK AwnMd b^S id`qy[1[ hy BweI! swry is`K sMq prmwqmw dw nwm ismr ismr ky AwnMd-BrpUr hoey rihMdy hn[ ijs ny BI prmwqmw dw nwm ismirAw, gurU ny Awp aus dI hryk pIVw dUr kr id`qI[ rhwau[hy pRBU! qyry dr qoN qyry sMq jn jo kuJ BI mMgdy hn, auh hwsl kr lYNdy hn[ qUM Awpxy sMqW nUM Awp sB kuJ dyNdw hYN[ hy BweI! bwlk hir-goibMd nUM BI pRBU ny Awp bcwieAw hY, iksy dyvI Awidk ny nhIN[ hy dws nwnk! AwK- mYN qW sdw iQr rihx vwly pRBU dw nwm hI aucwrdw hW[2[6[70[

The Perfect Guru has dispelled the fever. The unstruck melody of the sound current resounds. God has bestowed all comforts. In His Mercy, He Himself has given them. || 1 || The True Guru Himself has eradicated the disease. All the Sikhs and Saints are filled with joy, meditating on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || Pause || They obtain that which they ask for. God gives to His Saints. God saved Hargobind. Servant Nanak speaks the Truth. || 2 || 6 || 70 ||

Last edited by a moderator:

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
By analysing the above hukunmana: (It clearly shows)

1. Simran is done for cure of disease.
2. Note the Line ( They obtain that which they ask for.)
This is an important Line which require attention. It describes that Whatever the Naam practitioner has asked for he did obtain by Lord himself. now the question is what shall a Naam practitioner can ask? He`ll never ask wordly things for sure . He`ll never ask any nonsense. They Always seek the truth and they got the truth by God Himself. In the same way Guru Hargobind ji got enlighted. 5th Nanak further says 'belive me' ' I have spoken the truth' .

So clearly Guru ji are saying us that Simran followed by feeling of unstuck sound of Vibration will eradicated all false lies. Something like a little candle dispell the dark.

So again Go strong with you simran. explorer yourself. Ther`s certianly something out there.

thanks
stupidjassi

Here is from 6th May
qwpu gvwieAw guir pUry ] vwjy Anhd qUry ] srb kilAwx pRiB kIny ] kir ikrpw Awip dIny ]1]bydn siqguir Awip gvweI ] isK sMq siB srsy hoey hir hir nwim iDAweI ] rhwau ] jo mMgih so lyvih ] pRB ApixAw sMqw dyvih ] hir goivdu pRiB rwiKAw ] jn nwnk swcu suBwiKAw]2]6]70]

pUry gurU ny hir-nwm dI dvweI dy ky ijs mnu`K dy AMdroN qwp dUr kr id`qw, aus dy AMdr Awqmk AwnMd dy mwnoN iek-rs vwjy v`jx l`g pey[ pRBU ny ikrpw krky Awp hI aus swry suK AwnMd b^S id`qy[1[ hy BweI! swry is`K sMq prmwqmw dw nwm ismr ismr ky AwnMd-BrpUr hoey rihMdy hn[ ijs ny BI prmwqmw dw nwm ismirAw, gurU ny Awp aus dI hryk pIVw dUr kr id`qI[ rhwau[hy pRBU! qyry dr qoN qyry sMq jn jo kuJ BI mMgdy hn, auh hwsl kr lYNdy hn[ qUM Awpxy sMqW nUM Awp sB kuJ dyNdw hYN[ hy BweI! bwlk hir-goibMd nUM BI pRBU ny Awp bcwieAw hY, iksy dyvI Awidk ny nhIN[ hy dws nwnk! AwK- mYN qW sdw iQr rihx vwly pRBU dw nwm hI aucwrdw hW[2[6[70[

The Perfect Guru has dispelled the fever. The unstruck melody of the sound current resounds. God has bestowed all comforts. In His Mercy, He Himself has given them. || 1 || The True Guru Himself has eradicated the disease. All the Sikhs and Saints are filled with joy, meditating on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || Pause || They obtain that which they ask for. God gives to His Saints. God saved Hargobind. Servant Nanak speaks the Truth. || 2 || 6 || 70 ||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

thanks
stupidjassi

Yes, we all get that we expect and hope or desire whether in this life or the next and this is what Hindus/Vedantists call as 'Sankalpa' or the impressions of/on mind.

It is for this reason that Guru sahibs have advised that we should not have either hope or desire and we should be involved in selfless service and we should not be bothered about the fruits of the actions. It is the same that is stated in Hindu scriptures.

Where is the difference ?
It is a part of sikh philosophy as well.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

1. Simran is done for cure of disease.
This is an important Line which require attention. It describes that Whatever the Naam practitioner has asked for he did obtain by Lord himself. now the question is what shall a Naam practitioner can ask? He`ll never ask wordly things for sure . He`ll never ask any nonsense. They Always seek the truth and they got the truth by God Himself. In the same way Guru Hargobind ji got enlighted. 5th Nanak further says 'belive me' ' I have spoken the truth' .

Jassi ji

Guru Shabad is not about what you are saying. Look at the reference to Guru Hargobind. People got worried about when Guru's only son caught a disease and being "mannmatte they started saying to Guru to do some thing to cure the only child. It is Guru's humble response" Gods devotees should not worry HE takes care of them." It also says that Devotee leaves every thing to HIM, in this case God stood by him to save the only child.It is humble thanks. Inspiration is to be faithful to HIM unconditionally regardless the problem. We do not guess any thing out of it. There is not a word of enlightenment of Hargobind.
Hope you understand that. Thanks.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
As i was searching for my quest . I have found following verses in Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
This is excetly what i was looking for .

Page 946

ਜਾ ਇਹੁ ਹਿਰਦਾ ਦੇਹ ਹੋਤੀ ਤਉ ਮਨੁ ਕੈਠੈ ਰਹਤਾ
जा इहु हिरदा देह न होती तउ मनु कैठै रहता ॥
Jā ih hirḏā ḏėh na hoṯī ṯa*o man kaiṯẖai rahṯā.
When this heart and body did not exist, where did the mind reside?

ਨਾਭਿ ਕਮਲ ਅਸਥੰਭੁ ਹੋਤੋ ਤਾ ਪਵਨੁ ਕਵਨ ਘਰਿ ਸਹਤਾ
नाभि कमल असथ्मभु न होतो ता पवनु कवन घरि सहता ॥
Nābẖ kamal asthambẖ na hoṯo ṯā pavan kavan gẖar sahṯā.
When there was no support of the navel lotus, then in which home did the breath reside?

ਰੂਪੁ ਹੋਤੋ ਰੇਖ ਕਾਈ ਤਾ ਸਬਦਿ ਕਹਾ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈ
रूपु न होतो रेख न काई ता सबदि कहा लिव लाई ॥
Rūp na hoṯo rėkẖ na kā*ī ṯā sabaḏ kahā liv lā*ī.
When there was no form or shape, then how could anyone lovingly focus on the Shabad?

ਰਕਤੁ ਬਿੰਦੁ ਕੀ ਮੜੀ ਹੋਤੀ ਮਿਤਿ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਪਾਈ
रकतु बिंदु की मड़ी न होती मिति कीमति नही पाई ॥
Rakaṯ binḏ kī maṛī na hoṯī miṯ kīmaṯ nahī pā*ī.
When there was no dungeon formed from egg and sperm, who could measure the Lord's value and extent?

ਵਰਨੁ ਭੇਖੁ ਅਸਰੂਪੁ ਜਾਪੀ ਕਿਉ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਪਸਿ ਸਾਚਾ
वरनु भेखु असरूपु न जापी किउ करि जापसि साचा ॥
varan bẖėkẖ asrūp na jāpī ki*o kar jāpas sācẖā.
When color, dress and form could not be seen, how could the True Lord be known?

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮਿ ਰਤੇ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ਇਬ ਤਬ ਸਾਚੋ ਸਾਚਾ ॥੬੬॥
नानक नामि रते बैरागी इब तब साचो साचा ॥६६॥
Nānak nām raṯė bairāgī ib ṯab sācẖo sācẖā. ||66||
O Nanak, those who are attuned to the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are detached. Then and now, they see the Truest of the True. ||66||

ਹਿਰਦਾ ਦੇਹ ਹੋਤੀ ਅਉਧੂ ਤਉ ਮਨੁ ਸੁੰਨਿ ਰਹੈ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ
हिरदा देह न होती अउधू तउ मनु सुंनि रहै बैरागी ॥
Hirḏā ḏėh na hoṯī a*oḏẖū ṯa*o man sunn rahai bairāgī.
When the heart and the body did not exist, O hermit, then the mind resided in the absolute, detached Lord.

ਨਾਭਿ ਕਮਲੁ ਅਸਥੰਭੁ ਹੋਤੋ ਤਾ ਨਿਜ ਘਰਿ ਬਸਤਉ ਪਵਨੁ ਅਨਰਾਗੀ
नाभि कमलु असथ्मभु न होतो ता निज घरि बसतउ पवनु अनरागी ॥
Nābẖ kamal asthambẖ na hoṯo ṯā nij gẖar basṯa*o pavan anrāgī.
When there was no support of the lotus of the navel, the breath remained in its own home, attuned to the Lord's Love.

ਰੂਪੁ ਰੇਖਿਆ ਜਾਤਿ ਹੋਤੀ ਤਉ ਅਕੁਲੀਣਿ ਰਹਤਉ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁ ਸਾਰੁ
रूपु न रेखिआ जाति न होती तउ अकुलीणि रहतउ सबदु सु सारु ॥
Rūp na rėkẖ*i*ā jāṯ na hoṯī ṯa*o akulīṇ rahṯa*o sabaḏ so sār.
When there was no form or shape or social class, then the Shabad, in its essence, resided in the unmanifest Lord.

ਗਉਨੁ ਗਗਨੁ ਜਬ ਤਬਹਿ ਹੋਤਉ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਜੋਤਿ ਆਪੇ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੁ
गउनु गगनु जब तबहि न होतउ त्रिभवण जोति आपे निरंकारु ॥
Ga*un gagan jab ṯabeh na hoṯa*o ṯaribẖavaṇ joṯ āpė nirankār.
When the world and the sky did not even exist, the Light of the Formless Lord filled the three worlds.

ਵਰਨੁ ਭੇਖੁ ਅਸਰੂਪੁ ਸੁ ਏਕੋ ਏਕੋ ਸਬਦੁ ਵਿਡਾਣੀ
वरनु भेखु असरूपु सु एको एको सबदु विडाणी ॥
varan bẖėkẖ asrūp so ėko ėko sabaḏ vidāṇī.
Color, dress and form were contained in the One Lord; the Shabad was contained in the One, Wondrous Lord.

ਸਾਚ ਬਿਨਾ ਸੂਚਾ ਕੋ ਨਾਹੀ ਨਾਨਕ ਅਕਥ ਕਹਾਣੀ ॥੬੭॥
साच बिना सूचा को नाही नानक अकथ कहाणी ॥६७॥
Sācẖ binā sūcẖā ko nāhī Nānak akath kahāṇī. ||67||
Without the True Name, no one can become pure; O Nanak, this is the Unspoken Speech. ||67||
(forgive me if somebody else has already posted out)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: