• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A Conscious Creator In Sikhi And Other Faith Traditions?

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
For one to be aware of the other's conscious state, then the one has to be conscious of it.
agree or disagree ??
But to whom does it really matter ??

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
For one to be aware of the other's conscious state, then the one has to be conscious of it.
agree or disagree ??
But to whom does it really matter ??
Veer Luckysingh ji let us revisit the depiction of consciousness,

Experts say it is a continuum and the truest of all relationships or interactions happening at the unconscious level. You yourself also mentioned intuition. So too much fetish about consciousness or conscious appears to be misplaced the way I see it.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Luckysingh ji states the following,
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/inter...khi-other-faith-traditions-10.html#post182233

If/when we are conscious of God, then He too, is conscious of us.

Likewise, if we are not conscious of him, then he too is not conscious of us.

When we realise God, then He too, realises us !

''When we are at peace after realisation, then he too, is at peace with us''
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
One other point I want to bring to your attention regarding duality of us and the creator as coupled inter-actors. Like in if I am seeing the creator then he sees me, if I love the creator such loves me, etc. How many girls in your younger days that you saw who never saw you the same way, how many puppy loves you had that the other side did not respond to and so on. I believe the infinite creator does not need to be one on one in a reactive way with us. If you are suggesting that we are blessed (Gurparsad) and that is why we see and love that is a different and more in line with Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Same as loving "Satt" that spnadmin ji has eluded to.

In SGGS it is stated that the creator's attributes towards creation are without dependency, reciprocity, etc. The one creator of all in all their forms of conscious, unconscious, living, non-living, here one earth, the sun, the moon and the universe.

Regards and Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I'm sorry but I don't understand the point above. It's not that I disagree but I can't see an explanation !
I don't think that I've said that the relationship with God is like for like in any way.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
If the creator is unconscious then from whom Bhagat Dhanna is demanding all these worldly things?

ਧੰਨਾ ॥
धंना ॥
Ḏẖannā.
Dhannaa:

ਗੋਪਾਲ ਤੇਰਾ ਆਰਤਾ ॥
गोपाल तेरा आरता ॥
Gopāl ṯerā ārṯā.
O Lord of the world, this is Your lamp-lit worship service.

ਜੋ ਜਨ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰੰਤੇ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਕਾਜ ਸਵਾਰਤਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
जो जन तुमरी भगति करंते तिन के काज सवारता ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Jo jan ṯumrī bẖagaṯ karanṯe ṯin ke kāj savāraṯā. ||1|| rahā▫o.
You are the Arranger of the affairs of those humble beings who perform Your devotional worship service. ||1||Pause||

ਦਾਲਿ ਸੀਧਾ ਮਾਗਉ ਘੀਉ ॥
दालि सीधा मागउ घीउ ॥
Ḏāl sīḏẖā māga▫o gẖī▫o.
Lentils, flour and ghee - these things, I beg of You.

ਹਮਰਾ ਖੁਸੀ ਕਰੈ ਨਿਤ ਜੀਉ ॥
हमरा खुसी करै नित जीउ ॥
Hamrā kẖusī karai niṯ jī▫o.
My mind shall ever be pleased.

ਪਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀਆ ਛਾਦਨੁ ਨੀਕਾ ॥
पन्हीआ छादनु नीका ॥
Panĥī▫ā cẖẖāḏan nīkā.
Shoes, fine clothes,

ਅਨਾਜੁ ਮਗਉ ਸਤ ਸੀ ਕਾ ॥੧॥
अनाजु मगउ सत सी का ॥१॥
Anāj maga▫o saṯ sī kā. ||1||
and grain of seven kinds - I beg of You. ||1||

ਗਊ ਭੈਸ ਮਗਉ ਲਾਵੇਰੀ ॥
गऊ भैस मगउ लावेरी ॥
Ga▫ū bẖais maga▫o lāverī.
A milk cow, and a water buffalo, I beg of You,

ਇਕ ਤਾਜਨਿ ਤੁਰੀ ਚੰਗੇਰੀ ॥
इक ताजनि तुरी चंगेरी ॥
Ik ṯājan ṯurī cẖangerī.
and a fine Turkestani horse.

ਘਰ ਕੀ ਗੀਹਨਿ ਚੰਗੀ ॥
घर की गीहनि चंगी ॥
Gẖar kī gīhan cẖangī.
A good wife to care for my home -

ਜਨੁ ਧੰਨਾ ਲੇਵੈ ਮੰਗੀ ॥੨॥੪॥
जनु धंना लेवै मंगी ॥२॥४॥
Jan ḏẖannā levai mangī. ||2||4||
Your humble servant Dhanna begs for these things, Lord. ||2||4||

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Uhoh, Dhanna Ji is in trouble cos Guru Arjun Sahib Ji says on Ang 958

ਮਃ
Mėhlā 5.
Fifth Mehl:
ਵਿਣੁ ਤੁਧੁ ਹੋਰੁ ਜਿ ਮੰਗਣਾ ਸਿਰਿ ਦੁਖਾ ਕੈ ਦੁਖ
viṇ ṯuḏẖ hor jė mangṇā sir ḏukẖā kai ḏukẖ.
To ask for any other than You, Lord, is the most miserable of miseries.
ਦੇਹਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੰਤੋਖੀਆ ਉਤਰੈ ਮਨ ਕੀ ਭੁਖ
Ḏėh nām sanṯokẖī▫ā uṯrai man kī bẖukẖ.
Please bless me with Your Name, and make me content; may the hunger of my mind be satisfied.
ਗੁਰਿ ਵਣੁ ਤਿਣੁ ਹਰਿਆ ਕੀਤਿਆ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਿਆ ਮਨੁਖ ॥੨॥
Gur vaṇ ṯiṇ hari▫ā kīṯi▫ā Nānak ki▫ā manukẖ. ||2||
The Guru has made the woods and meadows green again. O Nanak, is it any wonder that He blesses human beings as well? ||2||

Also I'm not sure this discussion can be helped with Gurbani because it doesn't make sense if you read it from the perspective of someone who has faith in a conscious, personal creator. Am struggling. It only starts to fall into place with the borderline atheist perspective.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
Consiosness is imparted to all beings by the Comscious Creator only.
The Creator has inumerous ascribed qualities and Being Conscious is
one of the qualities for which the Creator is refered as OMNISCIENT.
other than being refered as OMNIPOTENT and OMNIPRESENT.

Asking material things from the Creator only is one of the many dimensions
of askings. The message of Bhagat Dhanna ji is directing a common man to even ask for his Basic Needs from the Creator Only.The context of the message is crucial.
for correct understanding of the messages.
The message of 5th Nanak can not be equated with context of the messages of Bhagat Dhanna ji.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Also I'm not sure this discussion can be helped with Gurbani because it doesn't make sense if you read it from the perspective of someone who has faith in a conscious, personal creator. Am struggling. It only starts to fall into place with the borderline atheist perspective.

Ishna Ji, there exist so many places in SGGS that tell us that the creator and the creation are in fact the same thing. That we need to realize that we are the creator and the creator is us. "The creation was born of the light, and the light is in the creation" "the actor stages play and plays the parts of all the characters, but when the play is over and he takes off all the costumes there is only ONE" "realize 'He is Me'" etc. It makes no sense to me to put athiest perspective to it at all...once we realize that one truth. I AM he and he IS me. I AM, therefore he IS. I AM conscious, therefore he is conscious.... because we are in fact, one in the same.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Akasha Ji

There is a lot more stuff in the universe that is unconscious in contrast to the stuff that is conscious. Does that change the picture at all?

I don't think my brain can handle this thread anymore! I'm going to hang my coat up on this paurhi of Japji Sahib, ang 5.

<TABLE width="84%"><TBODY><TR><TD>ਅੰਤੁ ਸਿਫਤੀ ਕਹਣਿ ਅੰਤੁ
Anṯ na sifṯī kahaṇ na anṯ.
Endless are His Praises, endless are those who speak them.

ਅੰਤੁ ਕਰਣੈ ਦੇਣਿ ਅੰਤੁ
Anṯ na karṇai ḏeṇ na anṯ.
Endless are His Actions, endless are His Gifts.

ਅੰਤੁ ਵੇਖਣਿ ਸੁਣਣਿ ਅੰਤੁ
Anṯ na vekẖaṇ suṇaṇ na anṯ.
Endless is His Vision, endless is His Hearing.

ਅੰਤੁ ਜਾਪੈ ਕਿਆ ਮਨਿ ਮੰਤੁ
Anṯ na jāpai ki▫ā man manṯ.
His limits cannot be perceived. What is the Mystery of His Mind?

ਅੰਤੁ ਜਾਪੈ ਕੀਤਾ ਆਕਾਰੁ
Anṯ na jāpai kīṯā ākār.
The limits of the created universe cannot be perceived.

ਅੰਤੁ ਜਾਪੈ ਪਾਰਾਵਾਰੁ
Anṯ na jāpai pārāvār.
Its limits here and beyond cannot be perceived.

ਅੰਤ ਕਾਰਣਿ ਕੇਤੇ ਬਿਲਲਾਹਿ
Anṯ kāraṇ keṯe billāhi.
Many struggle to know His limits,

ਤਾ ਕੇ ਅੰਤ ਪਾਏ ਜਾਹਿ
Ŧā ke anṯ na pā▫e jāhi.
but His limits cannot be found.

ਏਹੁ ਅੰਤੁ ਜਾਣੈ ਕੋਇ
Ėhu anṯ na jāṇai ko▫e.
No one can know these limits.

ਬਹੁਤਾ ਕਹੀਐ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਹੋਇ
Bahuṯā kahī▫ai bahuṯā ho▫e.
The more you say about them, the more there still remains to be said.

ਵਡਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਊਚਾ ਥਾਉ
vadā sāhib ūcẖā thā▫o.
Great is the Master, High is His Heavenly Home.

ਊਚੇ ਉਪਰਿ ਊਚਾ ਨਾਉ
Ūcẖe upar ūcẖā nā▫o.
Highest of the High, above all is His Name.

ਏਵਡੁ ਊਚਾ ਹੋਵੈ ਕੋਇ
Ėvad ūcẖā hovai ko▫e.
Only one as Great and as High as God

ਤਿਸੁ ਊਚੇ ਕਉ ਜਾਣੈ ਸੋਇ
Ŧis ūcẖe ka▫o jāṇai so▫e.
can know His Lofty and Exalted State.

ਜੇਵਡੁ ਆਪਿ ਜਾਣੈ ਆਪਿ ਆਪਿ
Jevad āp jāṇai āp āp.
Only He Himself is that Great. He Himself knows Himself.

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਦਰੀ ਕਰਮੀ ਦਾਤਿ ॥੨੪॥
Nānak naḏrī karmī ḏāṯ. ||24||
O Nanak, by His Glance of Grace, He bestows His Blessings. ||24||

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

*shrugs*

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Ishna Ji, that very quote you posted suggests God 'knows' his position. Knowing = Conscious of.

Aside from that you mention that some things in the Universe are unconscious... again you are viewing everything from the limited viewpoint that physical matter is the basis of our reality, the Universe. We have to realize that matter is an illusion of our perceptions and consciousness is the base of reality.

99.9999% of each and every atom is empty space (if you held a marble and imagined that was the nucleus of an atom, the electron orbiting it would be outside of your current city), that means that 99.9999% of everything you can see and touch is also really empty space (including your brain). So why does everything feel so solid? It's only your perceptions that tell you that the Universe has physical form that you can touch, see, hear, smell, taste. In reality, everything is held together by strong electromagnetic fields... So you are actually experiencing something that's not really physical at all. Your own physical body is included in this.

Once you realize that the Universe is not really matter (but instead it's energy), that it's just our perception that lets us experience it that way, then you are not limited to thinking in merely physical terms. Because you see your brain is also made of the same exact basic constituents as say... a rock. You say a rock is unconscious, but yet your brain is conscious? Are you sure it's really your brain that's the one who is conscious? Or is your brain merely a vehicle that you use?

When you get away from the idea that physical matter is all there is to reality, then it's easy to unsderstand in Gurbani how we can be him, how he can be the creator and the creation, how we can all be really ONE...

When I say that "he is me" and "I am him" and that the ONE is also the characters in his own play etc (which are all quotes from SGGS) I am not even putting physical matter into the equation. I realized the Universe is not what / how we experience it to be. When I instead think of the Universe as one pool of conscious energy and NOT physical matter, then it makes sense. Physical form is only an illusion of our perceptions, and is transitory. So, is a rock really a rock? Is a brain really a brain? When you look at the electrons and quarks that make them up, they are in fact identical.

And yes, we can not imagine the limits of his 'mind' which also btw inplies consciousness... a mind must be able to think and contemplate. We are experiencing everyting as only a fragment of what the whole is. Each of us contains only a very a tiny piece of the vast puzzle of his consciousness. He is the whole, and we are only a fragment, and we are experiencing from the viewpoint of that fragment.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Regardless of how much Nothing is out there, there is also still stuff. Gurbani also says that the creation is True. It's the ego and it's constructs which are the illusion.

Totally off-topic but are you trying to tell me something here...?
that means that 99.9999% of everything you can see and touch is also really empty space (including your brain).
Think about it lol

that very quote you posted suggests God 'knows' his position. Knowing = Conscious of.

*shrugs* I don't know enough about Gurbani or the source of creation to really be able to comment anymore.

Although I do have a question for you, and please forgive me if you've already answered it elsewhere, but what exactly is 'consciousness' anyway? Does that mean that 'God' consciously makes decisions? If so, what's the scale of the decision making? Does he knowingly allow the rapist to rape and the tsumani to kill thousands? Does he get offended by things? Does he have a personality or his own identity?

Last edited:

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
hahaha opps... I didn't mean YOUR brain... I meant everyone's brain! LOL

Actually the little bit that's left when you take out all the empty space (the 0.0001%) is basically electrons and quarks (protons and nutrons break down into quarks). Electrons only exist ever in relation to something else and not as a stand alone particle, in fact they behave as either a wave or a particle... and the only way the exist as a particle is if they are measured. So the rest of the time where are they? Same for quarks.... so there dissolves reality.

I am not saying creation isn't true... (does the word 'true' = 'physical'??? hmmmm) It's obvious creation is true because we are here and we have to abide by the rules that govern it. I am just saying that it's not the hard physical matter that we think it is. It's really just energy in varying states of vibration, and our perceptions are what make us think it's physical matter that we can touch etc. Saying that the basis of the Universe is really consciousness/energy and not matter does not make it somehow 'untrue'. And yes our perception / construct is driven by our ego. So it still makes sense... to me anyway.

As for the questions about 'his' identity or personality... that's what we can never know because each of us only holds one teeeeeny fragmented piece of the whole. The best way I can try to resolve it in my own mind is to imagine myself immersed within my own dream, and witnessing a tsunami in that dream. In reality I created it, and the victims from it, and I was conscious of it from the perspective of the character I played within the dream....

Regardless of how much Nothing is out there (I'm using Krauss's nothing with a capital N there), there is also still stuff. Gurbani also says that the creation is True. It's the ego and it's constructs which are the illusion.

Totally off-topic but are you trying to tell me something here...?

Think about it lol

*shrugs* I don't know enough about Gurbani or the source of creation to really be able to comment anymore.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Oh! Oh! For those members in the 'God is not conscious' camp, what do you think of this passage by respected T. Singh of www.gurbani.org ?

Thus, the Cosmic Consciousness (Siva, Transcendent Reality, Kartaa Purakh, Akaal Purakh, Paarbrahm, Light, Param Tant etc.) and the material energy (Shakti) of "the Supreme Essence of the Reality" are inseparable. One can be taken as that which represents the constitutive elements of the universe, while the other can be taken as the dynamic potency which makes these elements vibrate. The entire Universe is perceived as being emanated, penetrated and sustained by the Spiritual Force and material force, which are permanently in a perfect and indestructible union. In other words, God is the Eternal Witness to all that takes form and to all that is formless. This Pure Consciousness is of the nature of Absolute Truth, Beauty and Bliss (Anand) — ਸਤਿ ਸੁਹਾਣੁ ਸਦਾ ਮਨਿ ਚਾਉ (sggs 4).

From this article: http://www.gurbani.org/articles/webart298.htm

Eagre to hear perspectives if anyone has the brain stamina left to continue with this 'how long is a piece of string' discussion!

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Pardon my ignorance, but I have no idea who/what Conscious Creator is or what he/she/it means.
Can someone help me with the help of Gurbani and explain this please?

Thanks and regards

Tejwant Singh

Allow me to repeat the question that I asked on March 26th on this very thread and unfortunately no one responded to it.

Can someone help me with the question, so I can understand what this thread is all about?

Is there an unconscious creator somewhere in a coma?

Conscious is a word used for the animal world including ourselves.

Was the Asteroid that hit Russia some weeks ago conscious and had its own GPS knowing very well where it was going to hit or was it just a random direction helped by physics?

Are the Faults underneath California and other earthquake prone regions conscious?

How about the Volcanoes spewing lava all over?

The reason of my question is because Ik Ong Kaar is omnipresent. It is interesting to notice how some of us cling to one thing which they are confused about rather than seeking other gems from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our only Guru which may help them answer their own question eventually.

Time to move on to some more interesting investigation of Gurbani, digging some more gems from the within with its help in my opinion.

Tejwant Singh

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Tejwant Singh ji if I may attempt to contribute. I believe the issue is interpreting what consonant living in creation is.

For example the following threads were started with this in mind,

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->
Living in Consonance with Creation
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
<center>
I believe lot of the circular loops in this thread arise as we try to make the creator look like ourselves. We are taking liberties in using concepts of consciousness as though it is a fundamental truth in creation versus the fundamental truths espoused about the creator and creation in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

There is nothing wrong in inquisitions as in this thread and may be the creator is conscious, sub-conscious, intuitive, etc., and all of that. The only difficulty or pitfall is that if it is used as a search for the master key, or the ultimate door (say Dasm dwar/tenth gate) and traded off against consonant living that much is lost. It leads to massive mis-direction and we become vulnerable to exploitation by Dehras, swamis, pandits, magic makers, yogis, etc. An anti-thesis of what Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji enables us with or teaches us!

By the way all of the following are explainable in reference to concept of consonance with creation and hence living per the creator who creates,

• Suffering
  • Hurricanes
  • Tsunamis destruction
  • Sickness
  • Consciousness with others and the creator
  • Love
  • Disparities
  • Disease
  • Why innocents may suffer and the probable guilty go Scott free?
  • etc.
All of the above are contextual within consonant living per the creator's creation.

Without trying to hijack this thread I believe we need to redefine and refocus what is it that we are trying to prove or show through "conscious relationships" with the creator versus everything else?

Just some humble thoughts if these help.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: Tejwant Singh ji's questions, my attempt at answering,

1. Is there an unconscious creator somewhere in a coma?
    • State of creator is undefined in human terms other than being timeless, etc., as eluded to for example in mool mantar
  2. Conscious is a word used for the animal world including ourselves.

• Was the Asteroid that hit Russia some weeks ago conscious and had its own GPS knowing very well where it was going to hit or was it just a random direction helped by physics?
    • Acted as per truths in creation? It was obviously guided by earth's gravitational forces and one wonders what causes earth to attract such to create devastation? What is the underlying truth of creation for such matters?
    • Is it consonance that same methodology perhaps zillions of years ago created earth and would do so for zillions of years to come :kaurfacepalm:
3. Are the Faults underneath California and other earthquake prone regions conscious?

• Part of creation but the question is are we living in consonance when we do the following,
    • Tighten building code to protect against earthquake scenarios (it is in consonance to put the wisdom of creation to use)
    • Would we own up if we don't calculate correctly given our knowledge as we will never know all?
      • Probably not! We want to have our cake and eat it too!
    • Isn't destruction and regeneration basic part of consonance even though it can be painful or not the desired outcome from our perspective?
    • Isn't it consonance or our misunderstanding of nature or what surrounds us that Seagulls fly freely over the Tsunami zone in Japan while people perished?
4. How about the Volcanoes spewing lava all over?

• How else would you create paradise on earth like Hawaii, and other islands so much sought after?
  • Creation has own timetable which does not always line up with our visual horizons or life times
</center>

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ishna ji

Uhoh, Dhanna Ji is in trouble cos Guru Arjun Sahib Ji says on Ang 958

It seems like that, but Dhanna is not really in trouble. His bani is included by Guru Arjan Dev because it is a testimony to a simple and unwavering faith in the power of the divine. His life story is that of a movement from idol worship to that of finding the magic of creation in every stone and blade of grass. He echoes this verse of Guru Arjan dev, but in his own way.

ਗੁਰਿ ਵਣੁ ਤਿਣੁ ਹਰਿਆ ਕੀਤਿਆ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਿਆ ਮਨੁਖ ॥੨॥
Gur vaṇ ṯiṇ hari▫ā kīṯi▫ā Nānak ki▫ā manukẖ. ||2||
The Guru has made the woods and meadows green again. O Nanak, is it any wonder that He blesses human beings as well? ||2||

I do however agree with you that debate by Gurbani does not really work very well on this particular kind of thread. Perhaps this is because the thread is more about a general theological concept that needs to be debated a different way. There is a problem with saying, "So there! This shabad proves my point." The shabadGuru is not like a stamp of approval from Waheguru, proving the thoughts of individual minds 'true." The shabadGuru is there to find the "sat" which overcomes the creations of individual minds.

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I believe lot of the circular loops in this thread arise as we try to make the creator look like ourselves. We are taking liberties in using concepts of consciousness as though it is a fundamental truth in creation versus the fundamental truths espoused about the creator and creation in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Thanks. Majestic in its simplicity.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2008
A conscious creator in Sikhi?

I have noticed on here in recent times that some people claim to be Sikh and yet do not believe in a conscious creator, but instead personally interpret Gurbani to be instruction on how to live in harmony with nature / creation and compare Sikhi to Athiesm.

Sat sri Akaal , Akaasha ji

i too waana ask from Athiest Sikhs , who denies Conscious ,Awake Creator . how they interpret following Gurbani ?

<table cellspacing="5"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td> ਏਕਾ ਸੇਜ ਵਿਛੀ ਧਨ ਕੰਤਾ
एका सेज विछी धन कंता ॥
Ėkā sej vicẖẖī ḏẖan kanṯā.
One bed is spread out for the bride and her Husband Lord.
</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#BABAC7"><td> ਧਨ ਸੂਤੀ ਪਿਰੁ ਸਦ ਜਾਗੰਤਾ
धन सूती पिरु सद जागंता ॥
Ḏẖan sūṯī pir saḏ jāganṯā.
The bride is asleep, while her Husband Lord is always awake.
</td></tr> <tr><td> ਪੀਓ ਮਦਰੋ ਧਨ ਮਤਵੰਤਾ
पीओ मदरो धन मतवंता ॥
Pī▫o maḏro ḏẖan maṯvanṯā.
The bride is intoxicated, as if she has drunk wine.
</td></tr> <tr><td> ਧਨ ਜਾਗੈ ਜੇ ਪਿਰੁ ਬੋਲੰਤਾ ॥੨॥
धन जागै जे पिरु बोलंता ॥२॥
Ḏẖan jāgai je pir bolanṯā. ||2||
The soul-bride only awakens when her Husband Lord calls to her. ||2||

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=54&punjabi=t&id=2202#l2202

Sri waheguru ji ki fateh

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 28, 2010
From Gurbanee it is observed that the Creator is stated to be in ints two States,
One state is VIBRATING STATE and Other STATE is NON VIBRATING STATE.

It is Non Vibrating State of the Creator which can be understood as unconscious State
like that of Coma..... SUNN

It is because of Vibrating State ,The Creator can be understood as AWAKEor CONSCIOUS.

One can look at a Quote from Banee Sukhmani Sahib as
SALOK... Sargun Nirgun Nirankaar Sunn Samaadhi Aapi
Apan Keeya Nanakaa Ape hi Phir Jaapi

In the above Salok the reference Meaning of the Word Aapi is very important.
As per my own understanding the reference for the word Aapi is for SABADu GuROO
.THE SOURCE OF NIRANKAAR CREATOR.
Prakash.S.Bagga

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM