• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

1984 Anti-Sikh Pogrom '84 Riots Case: Witness Terms Police As Killers

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
A woman, who lost five of her family members in 1984 anti-Sikh riots, today alleged before a court in New Delhi conducting trial against Congress leader Sajjan Kumar that she did not have any faith in police as they were among the killers.

"I did not like to speak about the Delhi police because they were the culprits and killers," Kaur told additional sessions judge Sunita Gupta.

Kaur made the remarks in answer to a query posed by IU Khan, counsel for Kumar, during her cross examination for the 16th day before the court.

Khan had asked her whether she received a summons from the Delhi Police to depose in a criminal case registered by them in 2003-04.

Kaur, 69, who now resides in Amritsar, complained to the court that she has been in the national capital for more than a month and had to suffer.

"I am sitting here for the last month and half month. I am being punished while the accused are roaming free," she remarked on the conclusion of the proceedings.

The court, meanwhile, directed the counsel for Kumar to conclude her cross examination tomorrow.

Kaur had on July 3 identified Kumar and his nephew Khokkar, and other accused Girdhari Lal and captain Bhagmal as accomplices who had allegedly instigated mobs during the 1984 carnage.

Kaur's family members, including her husband Kehar Singh, were killed in the riots that followed the assassination of the then prime minister Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984.

The CBI had filed two chargesheets against Kumar and others on January 13 in the riots cases registered in 2005 on the recommendation of the GE Nanavati Commission.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_84-riots-case-witness-terms-police-as-killers_1422561

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: