• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

4 Boyfriends

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
4 Boyfriends - This Is Something To Think About.

Once upon a time, there was this girl who had four boyfriends.

She loved the 4th boyfriend the most and adored him with rich robes and treated him to the finest of delicacies. She gave him nothing but the best.

She also loved the 3rd boyfriend very much and was always showing him off to neighboring kingdoms. However, she feared that one day he would leave her for another.

She also loved her 2nd boyfriend. He was her confidant and was always kind, considerate and patient with her.. Whenever this girl faced a problem, she could confide in him, and he would help her get through the difficult times.

The girls 1st boyfriend was a very loyal partner and had made great contributions in maintaining her wealth and kingdom. However, she did not love the first boyfriend. Although he loved her deeply, she hardly took notice of him.

One day, the girl fell ill and she knew her time was short. She thought of her luxurious life and wondered, I now have four boyfriends with me, but when I die, I'll be all alone.'

Thus, she asked the 4th boyfriend, I loved you the most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company? No way! Replied the 4th boyfriend, and he walked away without another word. His answer cut like a sharp knife right into her heart.

The sad girl then asked the 3rd boyfriend, 'I loved you all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company? No!', replied the 3rd boyfriend. 'Life is too good! When you die, I'm going to marry someone else! 'Her heart sank and turned cold.

She then asked the 2nd boyfriend, 'I have always turned to you for help and you've always been there for me.

When I die, will you follow me and keep me company? I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time , r eplied the 2nd boyfriend. At the very most, I can only walk with you to your grave. His answer struck her like a bolt of lightning, and the girl was devastated.

Then a voice called out: 'I'll go with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go.'

The girl looked up, and there was her 1st boyfriend. He was very skinny as he suffered from malnutrition and neglect.

Greatly grieved, the girl said, 'I should have taken much better care of you when I had the chance!.

In truth, you have 4 boyfriends in your li fe:

Your 4th boyfriend is your body. No matter how much time and effort you lavish in making it look good, it will leave you when you die.

Your 3rd boyfriend is your possessions, status and wealth. When you die, it will all go to others.

Your 2nd boyfriend is your family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for you, the furthest they can stay by you is up to the grave.

And your 1st boyfriend is your Soul , o ften neglected in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the world.

However, your Soul is the only thing that will follow you where ever you go. Cultivate, strengthen and cherish it now, for it is the only part of you that will follow you to the throne of God and continue with you throughout Eternity.

Thought for the day: Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray.

Pass this on to someone you care about - I just did.

Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections. I hope this touched you!

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
That is a very good lesson for the young ladies of today to learn, related in a very cool and hard hitting way, well done. To lose contact with ones own soul, is to lose oneself. We then become susceptible to cravings and desires to replace that void that our lack of spirituality creates. After much fruitless and futile toil and accumalating of much friends, fame, and wealth we ar eleft with a huge emptiness, a yearning and questioning of what life is all about and why we are here. It is then we become seekers of that great knowledge and truth , that sets us free. It is the soul, spirit within us. Sometime we are led to it by our hearts, and some lead us to that peace. But it is the ultimate and absolute end goal. To rejoin to the awakened ascended spirit within, which pervades all about. God is that Universal Spirit, the gaining of which, everything in life becomes clear and simple. And we gain peace for we become reconciled to th eworld as gods will.

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Evolution of Man. Mans ultimate goal and destiny.

The evolution of man, has been non eventful since his creation. for man to evolve he mustshed his sinful inclinations in the form of the seven deadly sins. Once cleansed he becomes pure and is thereby eligible to join the great universal spirit of the world. Since the sin of the creators first man, Adam, and his experimental fornication with the animals, resulting in introducing animal nature, in the form of the aforementioned sins into humanity, the human race has been waging war, with battle after battle, to cleanse humanity of sin and reneter the heavenly state of sahej, heaven or th euniversal spirit and be freed form the shackles and bondage of life after death after life. never learning, never growing, merely being born to die, only to be recast into this again. Religion's are that path to the great evolution of man and humanity.

<<<<<<<<<<<< This is a double post>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
This message also appears in thread: "Goal of Human Life"

~ namjap ~

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM