• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Yogism 3H0 Gurudwaras And Yoga

rskas01

SPNer
Nov 25, 2008
Hello Everyone,

To paraphrase, the more I read and study the less I know. So I will offer these quotes from the Varan Bhai Gurdas.

Pauri 16 (Activities in Kaliyug);
In kaliyug, only repeating the name of the Lord is considered grand.

And;

Pauri 7 (The obsession with the world and the Guru word)
Hypocrisy by and large enters into the praxis of continence, burnt offerings, feasts, penances and gifts. Incantations and spells ultimately turn out to be hypocritical plays. The worship of the fifty-two heroes, of the eight yoginis of cemeteries and of places of cremations leads to whopping dissimulation. People are obsessed with the pranayam exercises of the inhalation, suspension of breath, the exhalation, the nioli feat and straightening of kundalini, the serpent power. Many employ themselves in sitting in the siddhasanas and thus we have seen them seeking myriad miracles. The belief in the philosopher's stone, the jewel in the serpent's head and the miracle of life immortalising elixir are nothing but the darkness of ignorance. People are engaged in the worship of idols of gods and goddesses, in fasting, uttering and giving blessings and curses. But without the holy congregation of the saints and the recitation of the Guru sabad even the very good person cannot find acceptance. The superstitions bind themselves with a hundred knots of falsehood.

As my final argument I will ask the reader to do a search on the word 'yoga' in the Sikhi to the Max search engine. I think that most people will agree that hatha yoga (of which Kundalini is a part) has no part in Sikhism.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Hello Everyone,

To paraphrase, the more I read and study the less I know. So I will offer these quotes from the Varan Bhai Gurdas.

Pauri 16 (Activities in Kaliyug);
In kaliyug, only repeating the name of the Lord is considered grand.

And;

Pauri 7 (The obsession with the world and the Guru word)
Hypocrisy by and large enters into the praxis of continence, burnt offerings, feasts, penances and gifts. Incantations and spells ultimately turn out to be hypocritical plays. The worship of the fifty-two heroes, of the eight yoginis of cemeteries and of places of cremations leads to whopping dissimulation. People are obsessed with the pranayam exercises of the inhalation, suspension of breath, the exhalation, the nioli feat and straightening of kundalini, the serpent power. Many employ themselves in sitting in the siddhasanas and thus we have seen them seeking myriad miracles. The belief in the philosopher's stone, the jewel in the serpent's head and the miracle of life immortalising elixir are nothing but the darkness of ignorance. People are engaged in the worship of idols of gods and goddesses, in fasting, uttering and giving blessings and curses. But without the holy congregation of the saints and the recitation of the Guru sabad even the very good person cannot find acceptance. The superstitions bind themselves with a hundred knots of falsehood.

As my final argument I will ask the reader to do a search on the word 'yoga' in the Sikhi to the Max search engine. I think that most people will agree that hatha yoga (of which Kundalini is a part) has no part in Sikhism.

You are right and I agree fully with you on this point, I shall post a complete article in which I shall prove that Gurbani doesn't support practicing Yoga is a path to the Creator:yes:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
NamJap ji

Thanks for remembering this video. I had forgotten about it, and wish I had not forgotten it for use in several recent threads. It givens the balanced understanding of what 3HO Sikhs, properly the Western Dharma, are in fact and in action.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
The sun's rising from the west.
If this was one of the gurbani riddles, I'd sure know the answer to it.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM