Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!
  1.   Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   
    Target (Recurring Monthly): $200 :: Achieved: $98

2 Questions: Code to exit via cmdExit; Code to hide/disable tool b

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by AndyG, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. AndyG

    AndyG
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Would someone please tell me what code to use for:

    1)To exit application via
    Private sub cmdExit ()
    ???
    End sub

    2) To hide/disable tool bars
    Private sub Form_Load ()
    ???
    End sub

    and to enable them on exit ??? if needs be???
    Thank you
     
  2. Loading...

    Similar Threads Forum Date
    Anyone Have Any Unanswered Questions On Sikhi Or God? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jan 7, 2017
    Marriage And Discrimination Related Questions Blogs Mar 21, 2016
    Entering into Sikhism: Questions on Reht Maryada. Blogs Oct 22, 2015
    A Few Questions About Racism, Prejudice, Sikh, Sikhi, Sikhism Questions and Answers Mar 30, 2015
    Questions From A Non-sikh Questions and Answers Mar 23, 2015

  3. Ofer Cohen

    Ofer Cohen
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    > 1)To exit application via
    > Private sub cmdExit ()
    > ???
    > End sub


    ================
    Docmd.Quit
    ================


    > 2) To hide/disable tool bars
    > Private sub Form_Load ()
    > ???
    > End sub
    >

    ===================
    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "ToolBarName", acToolbarNo

    And it better to use the form Activate event then the load event, just
    incase you moving between forms, and this tool bars will be set to yes in
    other forms

    ===================
     
  4. AndyG

    AndyG
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    RE: 2 Questions: Code to exit via cmdExit; Code to hide/disable to

    Dear Ofer,
    Thank you for your reply. The exit works perfectly.

    How do I find a list of what the toolbar names are?
    I would like to turn-off all of the Drop-Down menus (not show them),
    and turn-off all of the toolbars (not show them) - form view, formatting,
    & web
    Where do I find out the names of these, or can I turn-off all of them at
    once?

    Thank you,
    Andy

    "Ofer Cohen" wrote:

    > > 1)To exit application via
    > > Private sub cmdExit ()
    > > ???
    > > End sub

    >
    > ================
    > Docmd.Quit
    > ================
    >
    >
    > > 2) To hide/disable tool bars
    > > Private sub Form_Load ()
    > > ???
    > > End sub
    > >

    > ===================
    > DoCmd.ShowToolbar "ToolBarName", acToolbarNo
    >
    > And it better to use the form Activate event then the load event, just
    > incase you moving between forms, and this tool bars will be set to yes in
    > other forms
    >
    > ===================
     
  5. Ofer Cohen

    Ofer Cohen
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    RE: 2 Questions: Code to exit via cmdExit; Code to hide/disable to

    Open the MDB, in the menu bar select Tools > startup options > there you can
    remove the toolbars.

    If then you want to open the MDB and see the toolbars, for development
    reasons, open the MDB while the shift key is pressed

    --
    Good Luck
    BS"D


    "AndyG" wrote:

    > Dear Ofer,
    > Thank you for your reply. The exit works perfectly.
    >
    > How do I find a list of what the toolbar names are?
    > I would like to turn-off all of the Drop-Down menus (not show them),
    > and turn-off all of the toolbars (not show them) - form view, formatting,
    > & web
    > Where do I find out the names of these, or can I turn-off all of them at
    > once?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Andy
    >
    > "Ofer Cohen" wrote:
    >
    > > > 1)To exit application via
    > > > Private sub cmdExit ()
    > > > ???
    > > > End sub

    > >
    > > ================
    > > Docmd.Quit
    > > ================
    > >
    > >
    > > > 2) To hide/disable tool bars
    > > > Private sub Form_Load ()
    > > > ???
    > > > End sub
    > > >

    > > ===================
    > > DoCmd.ShowToolbar "ToolBarName", acToolbarNo
    > >
    > > And it better to use the form Activate event then the load event, just
    > > incase you moving between forms, and this tool bars will be set to yes in
    > > other forms
    > >
    > > ===================
     
  6. AndyG

    AndyG
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    RE: 2 Questions: Code to exit via cmdExit; Code to hide/disable to

    That does get rid of the toolbars, however it still leaves the Drop-down
    menues.
    Can I programatically (or otherwise) hide/disable them?

    "Ofer Cohen" wrote:

    > Open the MDB, in the menu bar select Tools > startup options > there you can
    > remove the toolbars.
    >
    > If then you want to open the MDB and see the toolbars, for development
    > reasons, open the MDB while the shift key is pressed
    >
    > --
    > Good Luck
    > BS"D
    >
    >
    > "AndyG" wrote:
    >
    > > Dear Ofer,
    > > Thank you for your reply. The exit works perfectly.
    > >
    > > How do I find a list of what the toolbar names are?
    > > I would like to turn-off all of the Drop-Down menus (not show them),
    > > and turn-off all of the toolbars (not show them) - form view, formatting,
    > > & web
    > > Where do I find out the names of these, or can I turn-off all of them at
    > > once?
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > > Andy
    > >
    > > "Ofer Cohen" wrote:
    > >
    > > > > 1)To exit application via
    > > > > Private sub cmdExit ()
    > > > > ???
    > > > > End sub
    > > >
    > > > ================
    > > > Docmd.Quit
    > > > ================
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > > 2) To hide/disable tool bars
    > > > > Private sub Form_Load ()
    > > > > ???
    > > > > End sub
    > > > >
    > > > ===================
    > > > DoCmd.ShowToolbar "ToolBarName", acToolbarNo
    > > >
    > > > And it better to use the form Activate event then the load event, just
    > > > incase you moving between forms, and this tool bars will be set to yes in
    > > > other forms
    > > >
    > > > ===================
     
  7. Ofer Cohen

    Ofer Cohen
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    RE: 2 Questions: Code to exit via cmdExit; Code to hide/disable to

    It should hide also the menue bar, unless you didn't uncheck it, or mybe yu
    can see the menu of Access and not the MDB.


    --
    Good Luck
    BS"D


    "AndyG" wrote:

    > That does get rid of the toolbars, however it still leaves the Drop-down
    > menues.
    > Can I programatically (or otherwise) hide/disable them?
    >
    > "Ofer Cohen" wrote:
    >
    > > Open the MDB, in the menu bar select Tools > startup options > there you can
    > > remove the toolbars.
    > >
    > > If then you want to open the MDB and see the toolbars, for development
    > > reasons, open the MDB while the shift key is pressed
    > >
    > > --
    > > Good Luck
    > > BS"D
    > >
    > >
    > > "AndyG" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Dear Ofer,
    > > > Thank you for your reply. The exit works perfectly.
    > > >
    > > > How do I find a list of what the toolbar names are?
    > > > I would like to turn-off all of the Drop-Down menus (not show them),
    > > > and turn-off all of the toolbars (not show them) - form view, formatting,
    > > > & web
    > > > Where do I find out the names of these, or can I turn-off all of them at
    > > > once?
    > > >
    > > > Thank you,
    > > > Andy
    > > >
    > > > "Ofer Cohen" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > > 1)To exit application via
    > > > > > Private sub cmdExit ()
    > > > > > ???
    > > > > > End sub
    > > > >
    > > > > ================
    > > > > Docmd.Quit
    > > > > ================
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > > 2) To hide/disable tool bars
    > > > > > Private sub Form_Load ()
    > > > > > ???
    > > > > > End sub
    > > > > >
    > > > > ===================
    > > > > DoCmd.ShowToolbar "ToolBarName", acToolbarNo
    > > > >
    > > > > And it better to use the form Activate event then the load event, just
    > > > > incase you moving between forms, and this tool bars will be set to yes in
    > > > > other forms
    > > > >
    > > > > ===================
     
Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

    Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution     



Share This Page