• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

1984 Anti-Sikh Pogrom 1984 Sikh Genocide: 26 Years On, New Evidence Of Mass Killings In Haryana Surfaces

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Re: 1984 Sikh Genocide: 26 Years On, New Evidence of Mass Killings in Haryana Surface

wonderful examples of a good Sikh artist Bhagat Singh Bedi of our times from Sikhiart,

Hari Singh Nalwa
hari-singh-nalwa-by-bhagat-singh.jpg

Baba Deep Singh
baba-deep-singh-by-bhagat-singh.jpg

Banda Singh Bahadur - to victory
banda-singh-bahadur-to-victory-by-bhagat-singh1.jpg

Mata Bhag Kaur
mata-bhag-kaur-by-bhagat-singh1.jpg

Massacre of even One Sikh is too Many, let us draw
a line in the sand!

51.jpg

Sat Sri Akal.

minhas

SPNer
Dec 22, 2010
ludhiana
Re: 1984 Sikh Genocide: 26 Years On, New Evidence of Mass Killings in Haryana Surface

Respected Mai Harinder kaur ji ,

In my opinion sikhs have to forget that they will get justice in this genocide . Culprits are freely moving here and there . For SGPC this genocide is a like a golden hen whenever they want to cash it they can . They use this one for vote bank only .I have all those horrible memories with me . I was just 8 year old when this was happened . It's a very long story to tell but whenever somebody talk about it or i heard some thing about this genocide blood comes in my eyes .

A hand folded apology if this hurt some body .

Regards

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

A post has been moved in order to evaluate the political content. Once a decision is made it will either be moved back or not. Thank you.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Sikh massacre: SGPC rejects Haryana government's probe
2011-02-22

Chandigarh, Feb 22 (IANS) The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), the mini-parliament of Sikh religion, Tuesday rejected the Haryana government's move to seek a report from a divisional commissioner into an alleged massacre of Sikhs in Rewari district during riots in 1984.

Avatar Singh Makkar, SGPC president, told IANS that they have rejected the ongoing inquiry by a divisional commissioner.

Makkar, who was accompanied by family members of victims from Bathinda and Ludhiana districts of Punjab, visited Hondh-Chillar village in Rewari district, some 350 km from here.

'The SGPC rejects the inquiry by a divisional commissioner. This is a very serious issue and we demand a judicial probe by a judge of the Punjab and Haryana High Court,' Makkar told IANS.

'It was a planned attack in broad daylight, right under the nose of the government. We demand registration of FIR (first information report) and immediate action against the culprits. We want the government to return the land of the victims as their family members fled after the incident,' said Makkar, who met victims' families in Bathinda district Monday.

Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Tuesday expressed full faith in a probe by Gurgaon divisional commissioner.

Members of the Sikh community also met Hooda and submitted a memorandum, detailing their demands.

'I strongly condemn the heinous act of mass killing of the Sikhs during the riots in 1984 at Hondh-Chillar village in Rewari district. The inquiry is on and we would make sure that guilty people are strictly punished. I am expecting the preliminary inquiry report from the divisional commissioner in the next two-three days,' said Hooda, while talking to reporters.

'A delegation of Sikhs met me in the morning and they have submitted a memorandum to me,' he said.

Sikh organisations in neighbouring Punjab and other places have sought a thorough investigation into allegations that several Sikhs were targeted and killed by mobs in Hondh-Chillar village Nov 2, 1984 during the anti-Sikh riots in the aftermath of the assassination of then prime minister Indira Gandhi by her two Sikh bodyguards in New Delhi.

The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal in Punjab Saturday announced the setting up of a seven-member fact-finding committee.

http://www.sify.com/news/sikh-massa...rnment-s-probe-news-national-lcwwElbjdge.html

Also related news

Khalsa Action Committee seeks to probe Haryana Sikh carnage by sitting HC Judge

Punjab Newsline Network
Tuesday, 22 February 2011

CHANDIGARH: The Sikh organizations under the aegis of the Khalsa Action Committee on Monday submitted a memorendum Bhupinder Singh Hooda Chief Minister of Haryana regarding anti-Sikh carnage and mayhem at village Hond Chillarh on 2 November 1984.

The memorendum said that "we take this opportunity to apprise you of the anguish and concerns of the Sikhs at the discovery of the ruins of houses, Gurdwara Sahib and lands of nearly forty Sikh residents in village Hondh Chillarh in Haryana, which bore witness to the inhuman, well-orchestrated and executed mass killing of Sikhs on 2-3 November 1984.

We demand that a full scale judicial probe be ordered by a sitting judge of the Punjab and Haryana High Court into the killing of more than 35 Sikhs in the village Hondh Chillarh in Haryana. While your
government was not involved in the killing, your government has a lot to answer.

We need to know:
1. Who were the killers and where did they come from? What was the role of other villagers at the time when Sikhs were being set on fire? What happened to the women folk? What was the role of the police after the killings were discovered? Why was no FIR filed by name? What steps did the concerned police station take to find out the killers? Under whose orders were the investigations stopped? Under whose instructions and patronization such well planned assault was organized? Who were the conspirators?

2.When the government of Haryana decided to give them compensation few years ago, what steps it took to rehabilitate the families or even to assuage the feeling of fear among the Sikh residents? Did the Home Ministry of Haryana order a probe upon discovery of so many victims from one village itself? If not, why not?

3.What was the role of the then Chief Minister of the State, Bhajan Lal, who was a notorious Sikh-baiter?

Kanwarpal Singh spokesperson of Dal Khalsa said that they look up to your good sense to undo the past and look into the future for an inclusive society not based on religion and caste but based on norms of civil society and internationally acceptable criminal jurisprudence.

The memorendum read, "Hondh-Chillarh is a testimony to the injustice done to the Sikhs and the only way in which justice can be done is by prosecuting the guilty in an exemplary manner in the shortest time possible. Please ensure that a comprehensive mandate within a stipulated time frame is given to the judge who is to probe the killings so that there is no prevarication or obfuscation of facts. The passage of time should not be hindrance and the anti-Sikh sentiment in the village or its
neighbourhood should be addressed appropriately and not allowed to
politicise the judicial process.

The Sikh residents of Hondh-Chillarh had made it their home after migrating en masse after the partition riots of 1947. In the dark days of November 1984, they were again made to leave their home and hearth. With family members killed, with neighbours, lumpen elements baying for their blood, the scared families did not dare to look back into the charred remains of their home and sold off their precious lands at pitiable throwaway price to whoever was willing to buy them in the surcharged post-carnage atmosphere.

Khalsa Action Committee (KAC) believes that these families deserve more exemplary compensation on humanitarian and compassionate grounds -much more which has been awarded and given by the state and the Supreme Court of India. We urge your government to do this without delay and that would pave the way for solace to the victim families and would also instil the message of justice to the perpetrators. We also demand that the neighbours and others who have occupied the houses of the victim families be evicted and the climate of fear be reduced by taking all necessary actions.

The entire Sikh world is looking up to you and Haryana. The focus has shifted from Delhi to Haryana as regards justice to families of November 1984 victims of anti-Sikh carnage. Do not let us down. Do not
let justice down. Kindly do not subvert justice. History beckons you to be truthful and lawful; otherwise nemesis can still catch up, the memorandum said.

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/conte...e-haryana-sikh-carnage-sitting-hc-judge/28849

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

REWARI: It was a painful moment for 10 surviving members of Sikh families when they paid a visit to their native place where their kith and kin were allegedly burnt alive and houses plundered by a mob in broad day light 27 years ago. The men, in their 50s and 60s, who visited Hondhh Chillar village of this district, were in their prime at the time when all hell broke loose on them on November 2, 1984, three days after the assassination of the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.

SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar accompanied these men, including Gulab Singh, Sardar Singh, Gurdyal Singh, Uttam Singh and Manmohan Singh, living in Ludhiana and Bathinda districts of Punjab who identified their places where they used to live with their families.

Talking to media persons at the site where crumbled remains of their houses still stood testimony of the horror they had undergone, Gulab Singh, 55, recalled how the people were butchered and burnt to death by the assailants, who came in tempos and buses from outside.

"We somehow survived with injuries in the brutal attack by a mob of 40-50 persons. I hid myself in the house and fled from the village at around 11 pm. The mob plundered and killed our people for around 6-7 hours during the day in which around 32 persons were murdered," he said.

Manmohan informed that around 20 close-knit families used to live in the village.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-Chillar-riot-victims/articleshow/7552765.cms

REWARI: It was a painful moment for 10 surviving members of Sikh families when they paid a visit to their native place where their kith and kin were allegedly burnt alive and houses plundered by a mob in broad day light 27 years ago. The men, in their 50s and 60s, who visited Hondhh Chillar village of this district, were in their prime at the time when all hell broke loose on them on November 2, 1984, three days after the assassination of the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.

SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar accompanied these men, including Gulab Singh, Sardar Singh, Gurdyal Singh, Uttam Singh and Manmohan Singh, living in Ludhiana and Bathinda districts of Punjab who identified their places where they used to live with their families.

Talking to media persons at the site where crumbled remains of their houses still stood testimony of the horror they had undergone, Gulab Singh, 55, recalled how the people were butchered and burnt to death by the assailants, who came in tempos and buses from outside.

"We somehow survived with injuries in the brutal attack by a mob of 40-50 persons. I hid myself in the house and fled from the village at around 11 pm. The mob plundered and killed our people for around 6-7 hours during the day in which around 32 persons were murdered," he said.

Manmohan informed that around 20 close-knit families used to live in the village.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

'Evidence of abominable crime against Sikhs'

CHANDIGARH: Hondh Chillar village was discovered by chance by Ludhianabased Manwinder Singh Giaspur, 35, exactly a month ago. He still remembers the day. Interestingly, though Chillar was bigger, the sarpanch was always elected from Hondh, which comprised havelis and farm houses of some influential Sikhs who had migrated from Pakistan in 1947,'' said Manwinder, who now checks the village daily for signs of destruction of evidence.

"A pucca road ran right up to Hondh. But it has wild growth on both sides now. Obviously, no one has walked the footpaths for years now. At the very beginning, there was a burntdown haveli .... Some structures had a few bones scattered in them. It was scary, and haunting,'' Manwinder recounted.

When he paused on seeing a bundle of husk stacked on a platform inside a door-less concrete structure, realization dawned that the place was a gurdwara once. "It had quotes from Sikh scriptures written on the walls. An old man working in a nearby field walked over to meet us and confirmed that the place was indeed a gurdwara which had been burned during 'Indira kaand'," he said. Manwinder also visited the local police station to get a copy of FIR, which mentioned the number of those killed at 20.

He also posted about 50-60 pictures of the village on facebook and sent letters and articles to various Punjabi publications with an appeal to preserve the place.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...e-crime-against-Sikhs/articleshow/7552776.cms

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Survivor recounts how father played saviour amid bloodbath

Amrita Chaudhry

Ludhiana Harbhajan Singh, a survivor of the 1984 Sikh massacre at Chillar village in Haryana, has tried to put the past behind him. But the passage of 26 years has neither dulled the pain nor dropped a curtain on the bloody nightmare that clouds his eyes. Yet, amidst the dark images of the fateful day — November 2, 1984 — one figure darts across like a ray of light: that of his father Balwant Singh, who stood up to the 300-strong murderous mob and alone saved more than 30 lives.

“After the riots broke out in other cities, we were apprehensive about our safety, too. We were some nine Sikh families who had come to live in this village after the 1947 Partition. We were all huddled together, pondering on how to save our lives when the attackers came for us. The entire group got divided into two, so while some 30 people ran in one direction, another 30 ran into our haveli,” says Harbhajan Singh, a relative of SGPC President Avtar Singh Makkar.

Only the 30 who sought shelter in the haveli survived. “We shut the doors of our haveli and at first requested the attackers to take anything that they wanted but spare us. We thought that they had come to loot us and would go back after taking the belongings. But the mob was too agitated, shouting ugarwadiyon ko maar bhagao (kill the terrorists) and they would not listen to us. They broke down the main door and poured diesel over my father Balwant Singh and set him afire. But my father was very strong and he threw off his clothes. I too helped douse the fire and then my father asked me to bring the sword that we had at our home. The mob saw that my father and I were ready to die but not before killing at least a handful of them. The mob retreated a little but then they broke down the roof of the very room where we hid and as we ran to another room they pelted us with bricks,” recounts Harbhajan Singh. Singh and his father along with the smaller male members of the house fought the mob for over seven hours, “and with just one sword to keep the mob away.”

As per Harbhajan Singh, “It was around 10 in the night that we stepped out of our homes and headed for another village, Dhanuar. A Hindu friend of my father had a tractor trolley and he took us to Rewari and from there we came to Guniana Mandi.”

Harbhajan visited his village after 26 years along with SGPC President Avtar Singh Makkar recently. “I had not stepped into this village ever since the riots and the feeling was very strange. At the time of the attack we did not know that the other group had been killed. They, too, were our relatives.” Asked why the Chillar survivors had not spoken up sooner, Singh said, “to be honest, the Chillar carnage is the largest killing (of the 1984 riots). Thirty people of one village were killed. We were given red cards when we came to Punjab and even Rs 2 lakh compensation, but honestly we never felt the need to talk about the issue. Just after the riots, we were too broken to speak up and so no one heard us. After that we got busy rebuilding our lives. Our self respect does not allow up to ask for donations and compensations.”

SGPC writes to PM for judicial probe in case
Amritsar: Shiormani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee President Avtar Singh Makkar on Thursday shot off a letter to Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, demanding a high-level judicial probe into the Hondh-Chillar massacre. Makkar said it was unfortunate that even after 26 years justice had not been done. Copies of the letter were marked to Home Minister P Chidambaram and Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda.

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-...-father-played-saviour-amid-bloodbath/754438/

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Satellite view from Google earth maps. Forwarded by Mai Harinder Kaur ji.

Attachments

• pind Hoodh 2.png
    pind Hoodh 2.png
    367 KB · Reads: 213

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Am I missing something as I find the following absolutely shocking and incredible unless it is a mis-report,

“After the riots broke out in other cities, we were apprehensive about our safety, too. We were some nine Sikh families who had come to live in this village after the 1947 Partition. We were all huddled together, pondering on how to save our lives when the attackers came for us. The entire group got divided into two, so while some 30 people ran in one direction, another 30 ran into our haveli,” says Harbhajan Singh, a relative of SGPC President Avtar Singh Makkar.:noticemunda:

• A relative of SGPC President who suffered is giving the details
  • I hope and wish for SGPC that it is the first time he ( Harbhajan Singh ) told his relative ( Avtar Singh Makkar) about such life changing event in 26 years

Patta Patta Singha da vairy
YouTube - Patta Patta Singha da vairy

----------------------- May Sikhism get better --------------------------
sarbans daniya ve

YouTube - sarbans daniya ve

SARDAR KALLA

YouTube - SARDAR KALLA

Sat Sri Akal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Chillar tears lost to wind as cops ‘lose’ FIR
March 03, 2011 3:18:26 AM

Rakesh Ranjan | Chillar (Rewari)

It is the sorry tale of 30-odd victims of the anti-Sikh pogrom of 1984, craving justice but being denied. Successive Haryana Governments made a brazen attempt to hush up the mass killing in a hamlet, Chillar, on the outskirts of Rewari in Haryana, following assassination of then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.

The FIR registered in this connection, according to police claims, has been lost and none of the perpetrators have been identified to date. The Pioneer, however, managed to lay its hands on a copy of the FIR, available with the survivors.

The police’s reluctance in investigating the matter is evident from the fact that they did not even bother to record the statement of the eyewitness who had lodged the FIR. This was obviously done under the influence of the Government of the day, as perpetrators of the crime belonged to the then ruling Congress. “They were raising slogans to avenge the assassination of Indira Gandhi,” says Dhanpat Singh, a survivor.

As old-timers point out, police inaction not only allowed the killers to go scot free but also left the panic-stricken and vulnerable survivors to their fate.

“The sole FIR registered is lost. No attempt was ever made to trace survivors and eyewitnesses — including then village head Dhanpat Singh, who was witness to the mass killing, and the complainant,” said Joginder Singh Makkar, who was lucky to escape with his family. Makkar was 20 years old then. An advocate now, Makkar has been making attempts to bring the guilty to book.

The FIR was registered at Jatusana police station against unknown persons on November 3, 1984 — a day after the massacre, which had been reported to the police immediately. However, the current SHO of Jatusana, Rajesh Kumar, shrugs off the matter, saying, “The FIR is lost. The territorial jurisdiction of the spot of crime has also changed. The case can be reinvestigated on direction of the higher authorities.”

Makkar, on the other hand, wants the Chillar massacre to be probed by the CBI, like the anti-Sikh riots of Delhi. The Delhi cases were reopened after a journalist threw a shoe at Home Minister P Chidambaram, following a clean chit to high-profile accused Jagdish Tytler.

Deceived by destiny and neglected by the State, Chillar victims have come forward for the first time to reveal the gory details. Time has failed to heal the wounds of 84-year-old Swaroop Singh, who lost his brother and 12 other members of his family. Tears roll down his eyes as he narrates the ordeal.

This settlement of nearly 16 Sikh families, who had migrated from Pakistan at the time of the Partition, came under attack around 11 am. The frenzied mob — consisting of nearly 300 persons — went on killing spree till 6 pm. The hapless Sikhs had assembled in three houses, two of which were set ablaze, killing 31 persons.

“Armed with iron rods and cans of kerosene, attackers made a hole in the roof and poured kerosene through it, setting the houses afire. When one Balwant Singh retaliated, killing one of the attackers with his sword, mobsters fled the spot,” recalls Swaroop Singh.

He adds, “As the whole village had been torched, the family — along with women and children of the neighbouring houses — decided to leave Chillar. They took shelter with a Hindu family in the adjacent village of Dhanora, from where they were ferried to Rewari by one Chandrabhan Singh late in the night.”

A few of the men managed to escape the massacre as it was harvesting time and they were camping in the fields. On hearing news, they left for different destinations to seek help. The matter was reported to police but no help came.

Chandrabhan Singh recalls, “On the scary night of November 2, I rescued 30-odd members of the Sikh community to Rewari in a tractor trolley. There was no police protection to the victims despite the then Superintendent of Police visiting the village in the evening… Twenty-six years have gone but none of the victims have dared to revisit their abandoned properties in the village. ”Meanwhile, the victims feel raising the issue in Parliament is the only ray of hope.

“It is an unfortunate incident, where the entire village was set ablaze. It is a blot on the secular fabric of the country and the duty of our Parliamentarians to set an example by re-establishing this village,” said Makkar.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/321626/Chillar-tears-lost-to-wind-as-cops-‘lose’-FIR.html

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
How Chillar survivors defied death
March 04, 2011 11:55:23 AM

Rakesh Ranjan | Chillar (Rewari)

The horrific tale narrated by survivors of the massacre on the night of November 2, 1984 in Chillar village in Rewari matches the most heart-wrenching escape story scripted ever.

With memory of screams of the people who were burnt alive fresh in their minds and the gory pictures floating before their eyes, some 30-odd persons, including women and children, left the village at midnight seeking a safe shelter. As eyewitnesses and survivors of the carnage revealed, having seen the entire village reducing to ashes, they had lost all hopes of their survival. Fear griped them while they were fleeing the village.

“We tied the mouths of the children with clothes to prevent them from making any noise. The elders too had maintained a deafening silence. They had removed their footwear just to avoid being noticed while leaving the village at the night,” said Chandrabhan Singh, a witness to the tragedy who later rescued the survivors to Rewari.

While most of the survivors abandoned the Chillar village forever, the family of Swaroop Singh, who was 58 years old then, chose to settle in Rewari. The family narrated their ordeal, “The entire Sikh population in the village was hiding in three houses located adjacent to a gurdwara. We were hiding in the biggest of the three houses with some women and children of the neighbouring houses taking shelter with us. The frenzied mob first set the gurdwara ablaze. Then they burnt a house in which 17 persons were hiding. Subsequently, the second house with 12 persons inside was also set afire. Armed with iron rods and sticks, the attackers bashed the people who ran out of the burning houses.”

This also finds mention in the FIR registered at Jatusana police station, wherein the complainant Dhanpat Singh, the then village head, reported a similar modus operandi.

“There were seven rooms in the house. We bolted the doors from inside and kept changing the rooms to save ourselves from the mob. Unable to ascertain our presence inside the house, the attackers climbed on the roof top, dug a hole in the roof and began setting one room after another afire. The women and children were sacked in one corner. As there was little chance of their survival, one Balwant Singh retaliated killing an attacker. This forced the mob to run away and our lives were saved,” recalled Joginder Singh Makkar, the eldest of the four sons of Swaroop Singh.

“In a matter of eight hours, more than 30 persons were charred to death and the entire village was torched. Those escaped the attack were left to their destiny. Police were nowhere to be seen. They took shelter with a Hindu family in the adjacent village of Dhanora, where they were served meals. From there a person went on a bicycle to another village Noorpur, where a man named Nihal Singh had a tractor-trolley. While the survivors of the Sikh community were hidden inside the house, the Hindu friends made necessary arrangements to safely ferry them out of the village,” narrated Dhanpat Singh, who is 83 years old now.

“The Hindu villagers who had tried to counsel the mob, which went on the killing spree, were held hostage. They were threatened with dire consequences if they left the spot or passed the information to police. My uncle Nihal Singh, who was a non-Sikh and owned the only tractor in Chillar and other adjoining villages, was initially hesitant to lend help as he feared the mob fury. However, on being persuaded, he agreed and sent two persons to Rewari to arrange fuel for the tractor,” recalled Chandrabhan, as he shuddered with pain which the memory of the ghastily event brought.

“It was 8 pm by the time transport was arranged for the victims. However, the tractor trolley was kept out of the Dhanora Village, where the Sikhs were hiding. It was done in order to keep the tractor away from the notice of the attackers who were feared to be present in the nearby areas. The women of the family, where the victims, had taken shelter prepared meals for them. It was completely dark outside and the winter had begun to set in. Some villagers conducted a recce to ensure there was no possible threat to the Sikhs from the mobsters. The male members of the Sikh families had covered up their faces to prevent from being identified. The children’s mouths were tied so that they do not utter any sound that could put them in trouble,” said Chandrabhan, who finally gathered courage to drive the tractor from the village to Rewari around 11.30 pm. After staying there for some days, they left for Ludhiana, Jalandhar and other parts of Punjab, he added.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/321946/How-Chillar-survivors-defied-death.html

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
May want to be vigilant in the future as burning people alive appears a past-time in Hiduism angry/animal crowds. This is extreme cowardice as you take most actions on the unarmed and not be a man/woman and fight one on one.

I wonder if it is related to burning the women when their husbands passed away (sati-ism in Hiduism).

I am posting the following as burning immediately reminded me of the burning of Sikhs as per this thread and 1984 Delhi genocide.

The following reported today as follows,
Fired workers burn Indian executive to death
– <abbr class="timedate" title="2011-03-03T23:37:33-0800">Fri Mar 4, 2:37 am ET</abbr>

BHUBANESHWAR, India – Indian police detained two people after an angry mob of fired workers burned to death a senior executive of a steel factory, an official said Friday.

After learning they were laid off, about a dozen workers attacked a vehicle carrying Radhey Shyam Roy as he was leaving the factory in eastern Orissa state on Thursday, dousing the Jeep with gasoline and setting it on fire, said police Superintendent Ajay Kumar Sarangi.
Two other people in the vehicle were allowed to flee but Roy, 59, was trapped inside and later died of severe burns, Sarangi said.
Police were questioning two workers and their formal arrest on murder charges was likely, Sarangi told The Associated Press. The steel factory is in Bolangir district, nearly 250 miles (400 kilometers) west of Bhubaneshwar, the capital of Orissa state.
Incidents of industrial violence are common in India, where workers often target executives in cases of wage disputes and job losses.
In 2008, scores of dismissed employees of an Italian manufacturing company, Graziano Transmissioni India, used iron rods and wooden sticks to beat to death the company's local chief executive officer on the outskirts of New Delhi.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110304/ap_on_re_as/as_india_executive_killed
Sat Sri Akal.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
May want to be vigilant in the future as burning people alive appears a past-time in Hiduism angry/animal crowds. This is extreme cowardice as you take most actions on the unarmed and not be a man/woman and fight one on one.

I wonder if it is related to burning the women when their husbands passed away (sati-ism in Hiduism).

I am posting the following as burning immediately reminded me of the burning of Sikhs as per this thread and 1984 Delhi genocide.

The following reported today as follows,
Sat Sri Akal.

Off-Topic, I acknowledge. But I must also bring up the practice of in-laws burning brides for various reason, usually involving dowries.

OK, back on-topic.

From the Tribune :
Whistle-blower’s house ransacked
Mohit Khanna
Tribune News Service
Ludhiana, March 4
Miscreants ransacked the parental house of Manvinder Singh, a whistle-blower in the Hond Chillar village massacre, in which several Sikhs were killed during 1984.

Narrating the incident, Gurmail Singh, the father of Manvinder, who resides in Gyaspura village, said the incident took place in his absence. He said that he along with his wife was visiting Gurgaon to meet their son.
Gurmail said on returning home, he was shocked to see the house ransacked.
The miscreants smashed everything lying in the house and even tore the literature kept there.
In the meantime, the police has started an investigation.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

Haryana to probe Sikh massacre in village 26 years ago

IANS

Chandigarh, Feb 21 (IANS) Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Monday sought a report from the Gurgaon district administration on the allegations of Sikhs being massacred in a village 26 years ago and the reported discovery of a mass grave.

Hooda told reporters that he had asked the Gurgaon divisional commissioner to send a report on this matter.

Sikh organizations in neighbouring Punjab and other places have sought a thorough investigation into allegations that several Sikhs were targeted and killed by mobs in Hondh-Chillar village of Haryana, 350 km from here, Nov 2, 1984 during the anti-Sikh riots in the aftermath of the assassination of then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi by her two Sikh bodyguards in New Delhi.

While the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), the mini-parliament of Sikh religion, sought an investigation into the matter and dispatched a panel to look into the matter, the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal in Punjab had also Saturday announced the setting up of a seven-member fact-finding committee.

Akali Dal president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said the panel would be headed by MP Balwinder Singh Bhunder and will include former SGPC president Jagir Kaur and five others.

The committee has been asked to submit its report within 15 days after visiting the village.

Akali Dal secretary D.S. Cheema said the party's fact-finding team will also investigate how different governments and authorities had been able to supress the killing of so many Sikhs in Hond-Chillar village.

The All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF) had announced that it will preserve the site as a 'Sikh genocide memorial' following the reported discovery of a mass grave in the village.

AISSF president Karnail Singh Peermohammad told IANS that the party and the United States-based Sikhs For Justice (SFJ) had declared to preserve village Hondh-Chillar as 'Sikh Genocide Memorial' site and appealed to the Sikh community to reach village March 6. Both organizations have planned a march to the village on that day.

He said the mass grave had been discovered 26 years after the incident of anti-Sikh riots in which Sikh families in the village were targetted and their homes and gurdwara (Sikh temple) were burnt.

http://www.sify.com/news/haryana-to...e-26-years-ago-news-national-lcvvkicgddj.html
Is it not 15 days yet? Any one know of updates!

Akali Dal president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said the panel would be headed by MP Balwinder Singh Bhunder and will include former SGPC president Jagir Kaur and five others.

The committee has been asked to submit its report within 15 days after visiting the village.
Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM