• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General 1984 Riots Witness\'s Family Waits In Fear

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
e 62year-old mother in law of 1984 anti-Sikh riots witness Jasbir Singh, quietly stood in a corner while the court heard the case on Thursday . She quietly slipped out of the court once the hearing was over.

Gurdeep has been keeping a low profile ever since another son-in-law Ranjit Singh was shot dead on his way back home in 1986.

Gurdeep suspects Ranjit was shot dead after her sister's deposition before the court. "We are too scared to be identified by anyone here. We have lived with threats all our lives," said Gurdeep.

The joint family had reportedly lost 26 members in the riots that broke out in the Capital after the assassination of then Prime Minster Indira Gandhi. Gurdeep lost two sons, a son-inlaw and her husband.

Last Thursday, a goon stoned Jasbir's father's north Delhi house. The family is still clueless why the house was stoned but has informed the police.

The fear is all over the family. Prakash Kaur, Jasbir's wife, does not step out of her house in Delhi. Quite predictably, she is scared of meeting journalists and requests them not to mention anything about her in any report, as she fears for her four children.

"I am all alone here with my children as Jasbir had to flee due to the constant threat to his life," she said.

On Thursday, while the court heard the case, a huge crowd of riot-victims shouted slogans against Jagdish Tytler and another senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar outside the court complex. They said:

"Had government given justice to Sikh riots victim, Mumbai and Gujarat would not have happened." Jasbir's third affidavit On November 1,1984 a mob came to our house. The mob was carrying kerosene oil. They burnt our house. We then moved to another house. When the mob was about to burn this house too, my uncle came out and engaged them for a while. While he collapsed we were able o escape. I immediately got a haircut. I then went to live with Such Singh who offered me a job at his dairy. On November 3, I moved to his house in Outram Line. Around 11 p.m., I noticed a group of people standing near the TB Hospital gate. When I went close to them a car arrived. Tytler stepped out of it. I recognised him as he used to visit our area often with Sanjay Gandhi. Tytler rebuked the persons forming the group saying they failed to follow his instructions. His position has been greatly compromised and lowered in the eyes of central leaders.

HindustanTimes ePaper

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
e 62year-old mother in law of 1984 anti-Sikh riots witness Jasbir Singh, quietly stood in a corner while the court heard the case on Thursday . She quietly slipped out of the court once the hearing was over.

Gurdeep has been keeping a low profile ever since another son-in-law Ranjit Singh was shot dead on his way back home in 1986.

Gurdeep suspects Ranjit was shot dead after her sister's deposition before the court. "We are too scared to be identified by anyone here. We have lived with threats all our lives," said Gurdeep.

The joint family had reportedly lost 26 members in the riots that broke out in the Capital after the assassination of then Prime Minster Indira Gandhi. Gurdeep lost two sons, a son-inlaw and her husband.

Last Thursday, a goon stoned Jasbir's father's north Delhi house. The family is still clueless why the house was stoned but has informed the police.

The fear is all over the family. Prakash Kaur, Jasbir's wife, does not step out of her house in Delhi. Quite predictably, she is scared of meeting journalists and requests them not to mention anything about her in any report, as she fears for her four children.

"I am all alone here with my children as Jasbir had to flee due to the constant threat to his life," she said.

On Thursday, while the court heard the case, a huge crowd of riot-victims shouted slogans against Jagdish Tytler and another senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar outside the court complex. They said:

"Had government given justice to Sikh riots victim, Mumbai and Gujarat would not have happened." Jasbir's third affidavit On November 1,1984 a mob came to our house. The mob was carrying kerosene oil. They burnt our house. We then moved to another house. When the mob was about to burn this house too, my uncle came out and engaged them for a while. While he collapsed we were able o escape. I immediately got a haircut. I then went to live with Such Singh who offered me a job at his dairy. On November 3, I moved to his house in Outram Line. Around 11 p.m., I noticed a group of people standing near the TB Hospital gate. When I went close to them a car arrived. Tytler stepped out of it. I recognised him as he used to visit our area often with Sanjay Gandhi. Tytler rebuked the persons forming the group saying they failed to follow his instructions. His position has been greatly compromised and lowered in the eyes of central leaders.

HindustanTimes ePaper

I don't normally swera but these "*******s" must be brought to justice. Tytler wander around scott free.:}--}:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: