To October 1, 2010 The Chief Information Commissioner, State Information Commission Punjab, 84-85, Sector 17-C, Chandigarh. Ph: 0172-4630054
SUB: REQUEST TO PROVIDE CHECK STATUS OF RTI COMPLAINTS/ APPEALS FILED BEFORE COMMISSION. Sir, I, Rajneesh Madhok, an RTI Activist, R/o B-xxx/63, do hereby request you to please provide the following facilities on the pattern of Central Information Commission, New Delhi as the information sought is mandatory under Section 4.1.d. Kindly look in to the matter and make appropriate changes for the benefit of the General Public. I am thankful to you when I highlighted the matter of Posting orders in Punjabi to upload the name of the Font in which it has been uploaded. The SICP has provided information that the said orders are being posted in JOY FONT.
CIC New Delhi
Punjab State Information Commission.
1. The applicant can find the status of his application on line by clicking to the Check Status of RTI complaint/ Appeals by Filling name, E-mail i.d. or File No.
There is no provision in Punjab State Information Commission by checking the status by filling name.
2. In CIC the appellant has facility of Video Conferencing and Audio Conferencing
There is no facility of Audio-conferencing even.
3. In CIC if there is a Query of Receipt of Appeal/ Complaint, date of receipt, file no. and date of hearing the appellant can search by himself on website.
At SICP the query regarding receipt of appeal/ complaint has not been answered. The reply of staff is that the complainant should go to the reception personally and enquire. At reception concerned Madam will provide you the information after Log-in with her Password. At the maximum one query will be handled. When the information is available on the website then why the access to the information is denied to the Public. The violation of Section 4.1.d.
4. With query on the website and hearing by Audio and video-conferencing the lot of money, energy and harassment is saved.
SICP force appellant to make rounds and rounds for a petty enquiry.
5. If the appellant find difficulty in opening particular link or site on CIC website the appellant is provided guidance on telephone
SICP officials direct to IT section. The IT section direct to Reception. The receptionist is helpless as she has to attend the appellants attendance and the Dak receipt.
6. In CIC Delhi I attended a hearing before the IC Mr. Shailesh Gandhi with my friend Mr. Dinesh Kaushik. The Steno had been provided a seat at left hand side of the IC and had been operating the Personal computer which has been attached to the other personal computer having the screen towards the IC Mr. Shailesh Gandhi. Two Personal Computers have been provided to the IC. In one PC the IC has having the full detail about the case and during hearing the IC has command over the PC. Steno types the information regarding Appellant, Respondent and details of the hearing is being typed instantly. The IC used to alter the matter where ever it is needed. The Screen of both the computers can be viewed by the Appellant and Appellant can plead for the changes in the typed order when the proceedings is going on.
In Punjab in 90% cases the Speaking orders are not been made instantly. If the speaking orders have been made then there is variation of the Speaking order and written order. But the Appellant/ complainant can not object that such and such order has not been made.
7. The IC has provision to change the order by himself by deletion, addition in the matter. The Appellant can urge for considering such and such points and the points will be added or deleted as per the decision of the IC.
No provision to view the order sheet.
8. The copy of the order is being provided within half an hour of the hearing attended before Honíble IC Shailesh Gandhi.
9. The appellant can appeal to change the order this or that way.
No such appeal is entertained in SICP.
10. For the public, the sitting arrangement at JNU Complex is well maintained. The Air-conditioned reception is provided for the sitting of the Appellants, public and the advocates.
Outside the chambers the Public used to stand and there is no proper sitting arrangement. Even the fans are not provided outside the sitting arrangements made for the public to wait for their turn of hearing.
11. The Coffee and Tea Vending machine is provided for the public to have a cup of coffee/ tea free of cost. Instant coffee and tea can be had by the public from the office.
There is no provision of Drinking water even. The public has to move pillar to post to get a glass of drinking water.
12. There is no need to make unnecessary call to CIC to get information about the date of hearing, status of application.
The appellant has to make unnecessary calls to enquire the matter as there are chances that the Hearing notice will not be delivered to the appellant and the case will be disposed of. On query the plea is that the notice had been sent vide UPC and everybody knows about the credentials of UPC.
Gurfateh ji, you can become a SPN Promoter by Donating as little as $10 each month. With limited resources & high operational costs, your donations make it possible for us to deliver a quality website and spread the teachings of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, to serve & uplift humanity. Every contribution counts. Donate Generously. Gurfateh!