I'm not really an Access person but have had this problem sort of dropped on
me. Here is what I know ....
1. We have an Access MDB which connects to a SQL 2000 DB using an ODBC.Reference:: Sikh Philosophy Network http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/information-technology/12292-access-2003-front-end-sql-server.html
2. This works fine on our standard XP desktops
3. This does not work on our Windows Server 2003 Terminal Servers
4. On the W2K3 TS's we get
SQLState: '01000'Reference:: Sikh Philosophy Network http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/showthread.php?t=12292
SQL Server Error: 11004
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionOpen
SQL Server Error: 6
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]Specified SQL Server
5. When we recreate the ODBC it test out OK
6. If we use the ODBC in Excel it works fine.
Can anyone help or have they seen this before ? All help greatly