I'm not sure what you want to sum. If you're writing a totals query toReference:: Sikh Philosophy Network http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/showthread.php?t=10195
find out how many records you have each frequency, then:
1. Leave the criteria row blank
2. Include a column with the frequency field in Field RowReference:: Sikh Philosophy Network http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/showthread.php?t=10195
3. In the Totals row, select Group By
4. Create a 2nd column with frequency in the Field Row (or any field
that's never blank)
5. In the Totals row, select Count
If you want the totals in some other field, then include that field,
with Sum in the Totals row.
Only use the criteria row if there are records you don't want counted
or summed. Use the criteria to select the ones you do want to count.