|Our Donation Goal : Why Donate? : Donate Today! : Donate Anonymously (ਗੁਪਤ) : Our Family of Supporters|
|Goal this month: 500 USD, Received: 100 USD (20%)|| ||Please Donate...|
|SPN Forum Rules|
SPN Forum Rules/Terms of Service
**Gurfateh Ji, SPN is a unique platform, where you can indulge in scholarly debates on virtually every issue. It is very important to understand and bear in mind that topics/posts/comments made by any member do not reflect upon the ideology of SikhPhilosophy.Net (Sikh Philosophy Network). If any particular message from a member is not removed then that does not mean that we support it. This means you have the equal opportunity of countering the argument in an authoritative manner. Religion and philosophy are general but unique for each person's understanding and progress. If you disagree, simply accept the differences and ask for information you may not know.
Please Discuss the Issues not the Personalities debating the Issues. Thank you. **
Guidelines for Comparative Studies:
Whilst SPN encourages positive interfaith dialogue and exercises in comparative religion, we do not accept direct or indirect attacks on the individuality of Sikhism. Any posts deemed to be doing so will be removed from the forum without notice.
The Guru Granth Sahib is the ultimate authority of the Sikhs. Any abuse or disrespect towards it in any form – directly or implied, will not be tolerated. Ridicule of the Sikh Religion, Sikh Scriptures, 5Ks or of the Khalsa will not be allowed and removed from forums without notice.
Comparative religious discussions can be educational, but ridiculing other faiths or excessive criticism of their beliefs is not constructive and it is not allowed on SPN. We need to be tolerant of our differences and accept people for what they are instead of being critical of their beliefs. All allegations must be backed up by verifiable references from neutral sources.
Critically Important: Sometimes, our zeal to defend the Sikh identity and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji may lead us to forget that the Sikh Rehat Maryada commands us to respect other religions. When you criticize practices of other religions, or its prominent figures past and present, please weigh your words carefully. Comments and opinions that unjustly generalize or deliberately intend to hurt religious sentiments of followers of other faiths & philosophies, that are inaccurate and or cannot be supported by historical evidence, or that promote negative stereotypes, will be edited or deleted without notice. The major aim of SPN is bridging the gaps between the religions and Failure to comply may result in termination of your membership.
Proselytizing: Posts looking for converts to deras, sects, other faiths, religions, philosophies etc; and posts that preach their philosophies, promote their URLs etc; will be edited or deleted with or without notice.
Politics: SPN is primarily a philosophical forum. Messages affecting Sikhs in religious, cultural or other matters are welcome. Posts that push one-sided political agendas will be edited or deleted with or without notice. Forum Leaders reserve the right to disallow any other types of messages. Do not propagate the views or arguments of any non-member or suspended member. Repeated forwarding of controversial views on the same subject will be viewed as a serious breach of SPN Guidelines.
1. Respect:Treat all members with the kind of respect that you expect from them in return for yourself.
2. Unity in Diversity: Many members on SPN, come from various religious and cultural backgrounds and may have variable conflicting opinions. Religion and Philosophy are general but unique for each person's understanding and progress. If you disagree, simply accept the difference and ask for information you may not know. Unnecessary bragging, trash talk, childish arguments only take us away from the topic in hand. Please avoid them at any cost.
3. Blaming: Avoid blaming others. Seeing someone's fault is easier than your own fault.
4. Respond or discuss the issue, but not the member who posted it.
5. Negativity: Members found spreading negativity will be encouraged to leave the network.
6. Introspection: Try to find your own fault and purify your mind.
7. Karma: Always check your karma and its fruit from participating in this network.
8. Multiple Identities: No use using multiple identities. We can easily trace & monitor activities of such persons and deal with them appropriately.
9. Moderation: SPN Management reserves all the rights to delete or modify all the articles/discussions without asking for permissions from the authors/posters.
10. Comparative Study: Any member, who wants to explore relationship between Sikhism and other religions, please do that in a "Interfaith Dialogues" forum only.
11. Forum Etiquette: Do not use offensive or vulgar language. Behave like a grown up person.
12. Personal Attacks or Sect Bashing: Do not engage in personal attacks or sect bashing. HATE MESSAGES WILL BE REMOVED WITHOUT NOTICE.
13. All allegations undermining a person's or group's credibility must be backed-up by clearly verifiable references from neutral sources.
14. Plagiarism is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. If you copy posts from others and pass them as if they're yours, you will be severely punished.
New Topic Posting Rules:
1. It is mandatory to post full Shabads/Stanzas along with the Ang Nos. (Page No./Panna No.), so that members, who wish to, can read the English version in full as well.
2. It is advised that while posting content from other websites, you may mention full url/web address of that website for cross reference in provided Reference Field. This is also to protect the intellectual property rights of the original author. e.g. Reference or Source: http://www.abcxyz.com/abcxyz.html
3. To remove any language barriers while contemplating, the official language of SPN is spoken English. The members at SPN include many readers, who have virtually no background on reading/understanding Gurumukhi or Punjabi language. Being a responsible member, avoid posting only Gurumukhi/Punjabi text in your posts.
4. By registering & sharing your works/writings on SPN, you agree that once you have posted, all your writings become part of the public domain and all rights to delete or remove these writings are then reserved with SPN administration. Any request to delete or remove your postings/writings at SPN will not be entertained after the lapse of 5 days from the date of posting of the post/writing. Please be informed accordingly
We respect your Privacy!
Restriction of Liability:Sikhphilosophy.net makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this website and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this website.
I. Your Privacy at Sikhism Philosophy Network
When registering you do not need to provide any information except the bare minimum that we need for your account: a username, email and a password. Unlike many other sites, we will never sell the emails to unscrupulous spammers. In fact, we won't sell emails or give them to anyone regardless of their scruples unless we are ordered to by law (in the extreme case that law enforcement formally requests this information, we will comply with the law). We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide this information to us. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our commitment to your privacy, please don't hesitate to contact us, there is nothing we know of that we can do to show more respect for your privacy but if you think there is let us know.
II. What We Collect and Store Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. Rather, information is kept in the aggregate. We automatically collect and store only the information about your visit. We use the information we collect to understand the traffic to our site (for example, it's important to know how much bandwidth the site uses so that we can purchase more if needed, if the "hits" to our site increase we need to pay more money for better hosting), and to help us make our site more useful to visitors like you.
III. If You Send Us E-mail
You may choose to provide us with personal information, as in e-mail with a comment or question. We use the information to improve our service to you or to respond to your request. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, we do not share our e-mail with any other outside organizations.
IV. Private Messaging (PM) Facility
Private Messaging is provided to the members of the SPN as a service intended to enhance the community experience. The purpose of private messaging is to allow for discreet conversations to take place between members. This privilege is not to be abused! A private message, under any circumstances, cannot be posted in an open forum, without the prior permission of the PM originator. Any solicitation, spamming, or harassment of any kind is strictly forbidden. Any member receiving an inappropriate private message should forward that message to an Administrator or Moderator right away. Private Messages are not intended to deprive the Community of valuable information or experiences which could benefit the entire group. Please do not use private messages if the content of the message can be helpful to others.
A) Visiting the site - If all you do is visit and surf the site no cookies are used.
B) Logging in - If you decide to use a cookie (this is done by checking the box that logs you in automatically) to save you logging in every time you visit Sikhism Philosophy Network (SPN), we place a little text file called a "cookie" on your hard drive. It sits in your web browser directory. A cookie lets us store your profile information on your computer and lets our web site retrieve it when you visit our site. No other web site can use or view the cookie set by SPN. Cookies help us create a speedy web experience by remembering your user name and email information, so you don't have to re-type it when signing in. Cookies do not store personal information and we do not use them to track your movements through our site and you do not need cookies to use this site (you will simply have to log in at every visit) it's your choice.
C) Google Ads - Ads generated by Google are random and SPN has restricted control over, which ads are shown. If you find any ads derogatory in nature, then do let us know the url of ad, we will remove such ads immediately.
* Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security.
However, this can affect how you are able to interact with my site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
VI. Posting to the site
If you post a message on the site it is stored in a database. The pages then display information from the database so that others can read your post on the forums. This is how any dynamic site works, the text has to be stored somewhere so that it can be displayed.
VII. Links to Other Sites
VIII. Restriction of Liability
SPN makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this website and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this website.
No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this website or its hyperlinks to other Internet resources.
Reference in this website to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by SPN.