View Single Post
Old 01-Feb-2010, 07:01 AM

Enrolled: Feb 19th, 2007
harbansj24 will become famous soon enoughharbansj24 will become famous soon enoughharbansj24 will become famous soon enoughharbansj24 will become famous soon enoughharbansj24 will become famous soon enoughharbansj24 will become famous soon enoughharbansj24 will become famous soon enoughharbansj24 will become famous soon enough

Adherent: Sikhism
Liked 885 Times in 351 Posts
    Nationality: India
Re: Pandit Tara Singh Narottam (Hemkunt discoverer)

Aman Singh ji,

Gurufateh

I do not think that I have ever talked about the historical significance of Bachittar Natak or DG. But I have been consistently saying that though Bachittar Natak and Hemkunt Sahib DO NOT have any historical significance, they are a part of our glorious heritage and should be treated as such. Bachittar Natak is an outstanding work of poetry whoever might have been its author.
Reference:: Sikh Philosophy Network http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/history-of-sikhism/29091-pandit-tara-singh-narottam-hemkunt-discoverer.html
Reference:: Sikh Philosophy Network http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/showthread.php?t=29091
I have also said that great epics worldwide which have had nothing to do with history or reality, but yet they have helped shape the art and culture of several civilizations and have inspired several outstanding paintings, sculptures and monumets. So where is the harm if Bachittar Natak and some other constituents of DG are treated likewise?

I do not think that I have to specifically point out to several articles which say that since Bachittar Natak deals with Guru Gobind Singh previous life, which cannot be true, and hence it is neither written nor authorised by Dasam Pita and therefore should be dumped.

BTW, I was not referring to the main article (which chronicles the history of Hemkunt Sahib extremely well) when I mentioned belittling of Bachittar Natak.

Last edited by harbansj24; 01-Feb-2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Added last para

Page generated in 0.08361 seconds with 25 queries